[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

LV198

Jul 16, 2017
Does this ROM enable VoLTE on the 5T? I'm trying to get that enabled without tinkering with all those old outdated guides and I wanted to move to Lineage anyway so that would be neat if so.
As far as I remember, this rom does not enable VoLTE by itself. I followed a guide that patches EFS Partition some time ago which worked well (I'm in Germany on O2).

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
As far as I remember, this rom does not enable VoLTE by itself. I followed a guide that patches EFS Partition some time ago which worked well (I'm in Germany on O2).
I'm guessing you mean the one mentioned here? If that is the case I may try it eventually as current implementation is not working reliably on T-Mobile US. It works sometimes but not all the times and that is the only biggest thing I'm loosing being on Lineage

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
I'm guessing you mean the one mentioned here? If that is the case I may try it eventually as current implementation is not working reliably on T-Mobile US. It works sometimes but not all the times and that is the only biggest thing I'm loosing being on Lineage

I'm on T-Mobile here in the US, and Volte is active and working fine. I can talk and text normally, unlike with DerpFest, for example.

brianyz

Dec 16, 2015
Without doing anything special like that EFS backup/restore? I get that weird robotic chipmunk voice when on VOLTE.
The EFS backup/restore did not work for me back when 17.1 was being worked on. Timb3 figured out the issue causing VoWifi and VOLTE not to work and fixed it. Since then it has been working for me.
The chipmunk thing randomly happens to me on all ROMS on OP5. Even does it on OOS10. I just hit the speakerphone and it goes away. From my limited reading that just seems to happen to T-Mobile users.

Reactions: madman

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
The EFS backup/restore did not work for me back when 17.1 was being worked on. Timb3 figured out the issue causing VoWifi and VOLTE not to work and fixed it. Since then it has been working for me.
The chipmunk thing randomly happens to me on all ROMS on OP5. Even does it on OOS10. I just hit the speakerphone and it goes away. From my limited reading that just seems to happen to T-Mobile users.
I can't thank you enough!! Switching to speakerphone does the trick with the chipmunk voice. I searched all threads in XDA, reddit but never saw that trick mentioned anywhere. As this seems to working, well LOS 18.1 is my go to. I was almost thinking of going back to OOS whenever things open back and I have to travel around.

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010
UPDATE:
* Synced LineageOS sources
* Snap camera
* Gallery app
* USB tethering fixed
* Livedisplay displaymode persists after a reboot
* AptX, AptX HD codecs work now
* Kernel updated to 4.4.210
* More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
Seems like AptX is broken in 18.1. The selection is greyed out in developer settings, even though my buds select AptX anyhow. Problem is audio is distorted until I manually select SBC. Some apps seem to handle audio better than others. iHeart is awful until I make the SBC selection.
Screenshot_20210407-085409_Settings.png

Reactions: Eric_Lev

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Seems like AptX is broken in 18.1. The selection is greyed out in developer settings, even though my buds select AptX anyhow. Problem is audio is distorted until I manually select SBC. Some apps seem to handle audio better than others. iHeart is awful until I make the SBC selection.View attachment 5272485
You're right ... Tested with my OP bullets Wireless Z, AAC codec is selected but grayed out.

EDIT: same behaviour with my OP3T (LOS 18.1).

Last edited:

Pikoon

Aug 15, 2017
Hi there!
I upgraded to 18 yesterday, everything 's working fine except for digital wellbeing which I was used to in 17. Try to reinstall clear cache and data but nothing...
Also, It doesn't show in the settings and when it' s activated only the notifications are suspended. The screen doesn't go into grayscale.
Am I the only one to face that issue?
Does it have something to do with MindTheGapps?
Thanks for your help and thank again for this rom!

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
I have been using the 18.1 builds and they have been smooth for the most part (apart from some random reboots when I open apps sometimes).

I have couple of suggestions around maybe new basic features.
1) In OOS, I always kept backlight of the buttons disabled. There is no such option in the UI. I have worked around this by just running a script at startup which forcefully sets /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness to 0.

2) We have options to override log press actions on home button, recent app button. Can it also be made available for back button?

3) With Android 11 Power Menu, if I have disabled Google Play and Home Controls from there, can the actual power menu be made vertical?

4) In recent apps view, there is now screenshot option. Can we get long press on that to trigger partial screenshot feature?

LV198

Jul 16, 2017
Anyone else using Dual-SIM? I have the problem that the settings of preferred SIM card get reset after every reboot. I'm usually using SIM card 1 for calls and SMS, and SIM card 2 for mobile data. But after reboot, mobile data is disabled for both cards and the options for calls and SMS are set to "Ask every time" instead of SIM card 1. Anyone else facing this problem?

Besuz

Feb 3, 2017
LĂĽbeck

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Seems like AptX is broken in 18.1. The selection is greyed out in developer settings, even though my buds select AptX anyhow. Problem is audio is distorted until I manually select SBC. Some apps seem to handle audio better than others. iHeart is awful until I make the SBC selection.View attachment 5272485
Yeah a bit further down I notice that HD Audio is also deselected for some reason.

Top Liked Posts

Dash charge doesn't work on this rom, max charge is 1300mA as per amphere, is this expected behaviour due to proprietary firmware or a bug??

Edit:

After several tries now it's recognised as dash charge, but the charge rate is slow may be because charge is at to 90%.View attachment 5299145
    Just bear in mind that dash charge it's not always active during charge. It slows around the end to avoid overheating. If you charge your phone at 50% you can reach full charge in 30 minutes
    Hi, I am on the latest LOS 18.1 dumpling.

I would like to update the baseband and/or radio+modem component of the latest OnePlus 5T firmware contained in OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_069_all_2010292144_76910d123e3940e5.zip

My device has the firmware from OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_054_all_2002242025_81ae0ff9d1c34a3f.zip.

I cannot flash then entire OS (because I am unable to perform proper nandroid backup and restore in TWRP due to a bug in TWRP related to multiple users [work profile]), so need to do only the components radio+modem, using "fastboot flash".

I have extracted the folders" "firmware-update" and "RADIO" from the most recent version OS zip but want to check which files need to be flashed and to what blocks, IOW:

"fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin"
    "fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin"

and

"flashboot flash oem_stanvbk RADIO/static_nvbk.bin"

Are these 3 correct? And can I safely just flash those 2 to update the baseband? Or is something else required?
    Why on earth will you not just follow the install instructions?
    Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
    It should be fixed in next weekly.
    Next update fixes the call audio issue, where volume would be stuck at max.
    If someone is interested in the fix: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common/+/309144.
    If someone is curious:
    * issue: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...ca6177101343f2092e516fad21a92cda9dffb0cb50699
    * likely fix: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998/+/308061.
    I went to the Magisk Modules, found it on the list and tapped Install, terminal window showed up inside the app, the module installed with Success and the device rebooted. Is there something else I should have done?

1- Enable Local terminal in Developper options
    2- Open Terminal app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
    3- Next, type “props” & press Enter.
    4- Choose “Edit Device Fingerprint” ... type "1" & press Enter
    5- Choose "Pick a certified fingerprint" ... type "f" press Enter
    6- Choose "Oneplus" ... type "21" press Enter
    7- Choose "Oneplus 5T" ... type "7" press Enter .... ("6" for "OnePlus 5")
    8- Choose "Android version 10" ... type "5" press Enter
    9- If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, type "y" & press Enter ...
    10- Type "y" & press Enter ... Now, your device will reboot.

Now SafetyNet test will be OK.
    LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: MindTheGapps
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree:
    - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel:
    - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    UPDATE:
    * EAS is here to stay
    * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
    * More detailed changelog

UPDATE:
    * Fix USB file transfer
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
    * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
    * Detailed changelog

Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone