[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016
1. SafetyNet is likely never going to pass on Lineage without help of Magisk. Other roms merge in the "hacks" or workarounds natively but LineageOS has stricter rules about this. As a user you can work around this if this is very important to you.
2. Wi-Fi display (chromecast/miracast) are known issue on multiple devices including cheeseburger/dumpling. I have not seen anyone suggesting this this works now. But as maintainer replied to you, it is still disabled.

If you depend heavily on chromecast/miracast, maybe this is not the correct rom for now. I don't think any other Android 11 rom has figured out the chromecast issue or else we would have seen relevant patches on LineageOS.

If chromecast does not affect you, this is very very stable rom. I came from stock ROM couple of weeks ago and this is definitely daily driver for me.
It's the other cast, "Wifi display", that doesn't work.

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
Finally I decided to switch from 17.1 to 18.1.
It actually feels smoother.

But I noticed that the miracast doesn't work, do you?

thanks

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
Timi, I have noticed some minor inconsistencies in some Lineage apps. I don't know if this is something you can take a look at or I need to file issue on gitlab (Let me know if I should open issue there). Some of these don't seem to be device specific issues.

1) Call recording is only enabled in certain countries, but I found it very confusing that option to select record audio in settings is not tied to if recording is even allowed in the first place.

2) In the dialer app, the dark theme is respected in the keypad while calling. But during call if you have to type something on the keypad it doesn't seem to follow the dark theme there.

3) I have enabled the option to double tap on status bar for locking the screen. Looks like that option causes double tap on entire notification shade to lock the screen.

4) Wi-Fi is declared Low Quality pretty aggressively and disconnected (switched to mobile data). This is usually not an issue but if I'm streaming something or have active SSH connections they get dropped.

5) I think this one was reported earlier by someone. But when I'm outside in bright daylight I have seen brightness suddenly drops from max even though nothing has changed around.

Last edited:

hck

Jun 5, 2008
Bluetooth headset old connections (made before 18.1) have "HD audio" option. New connections do not.

Last edited:

nikhilgauri09

Nov 13, 2012
Screenshot_20210422-184201_Settings.png

I am planning to move to official LOS 18 from my current custom rom, just wanted to know if this feature is available that helps cut down data access for apps?

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
I was looking all over the 5T section for this. Found it through 17.1 Unofficial>17.1 Official>18.1 Official.

Glad you guys are doing this work! I'm still on 16, but I'm really not in the mood for factory resetting everything and installing all my stuff again... Guess I'll need to bite the bullet one of these days.

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
  • Sad
Reactions: nikhilgauri09

Marsbar

Mar 31, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Google pay suddenly stopped working for contactless last week, couldn't work out why, until I added it manually to the list of magiskhide apps, at which point it works again. Not quite sure what changed, pretty sure I didn't have to do that before, but worth bearing in mind if it's not working for you.

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Google pay suddenly stopped working for contactless last week, couldn't work out why, until I added it manually to the list of magiskhide apps, at which point it works again. Not quite sure what changed, pretty sure I didn't have to do that before, but worth bearing in mind if it's not working for you.
They did an update to Gpay, which effectively made it like two different apps.

Reactions: Marsbar

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
Yes. As Timi suggested, this is still work in progress. As I understand miracast is not something AOSP provides natively so it needs some extra work to get it working on all devices.
The second post mentions "wireless display", which I thought referred to Intel's "Intel Wireless Display" or "WiDi".
Also miracast doesn't work... Was funny and useful (in my case).
I hope it can be implemented asap.

ruszok

Jan 5, 2010
So for now recovery must be from LineageOS Team? Because TWRP not working at A11.
Second thing - everytime when I update LOS at 5T i must go to props and change fingerprint to OP5T and then safetynet pass. But there are only options for A7, A8, A9 and A10 - not for A11. So it is possible that phone do not pass safetynet?

And upgrade - it must be done by sideload at twrp? Also must be sideloaded GAPS?

daywalk3r666

• Apr 21, 2013
    Frankfurt
    android-freaks.de
    OnePlus 5T
    So for now recovery must be from LineageOS Team? Because TWRP not working at A11.
    twrp is working great with a11..only bug is if make a backup you must remove your screen protection

Second thing - everytime when I update LOS at 5T i must go to props and change fingerprint to OP5T and then safetynet pass. But there are only options for A7, A8, A9 and A10 - not for A11. So it is possible that phone do not pass safetynet?
    use magisk hide props and select the last oos 10 fingerprint. only magisk canary build passed safetynet yet.stable and beta builds needs to wait for an update.

And upgrade - it must be done by sideload at twrp? Also must be sideloaded GAPS?
    use the build-in updater and everything workings like a charm. or download and flash it manually

Reactions: T1mb3

ruszok

Jan 5, 2010
    Wow.

TWRP from codeworxx is ok for that? So bug is only if i try to recover backup? Or if I do it?
    For 8T there is also TWRP?

So I must use magisk canary and lastest fingerprint for 5T. Understood.

For me works only upgrade from TWRP - from build-in updater I have only information that should reboot to recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
      Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
      Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
      It should be fixed in next weekly.
      Next update fixes the call audio issue, where volume would be stuck at max.
      If someone is interested in the fix: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common/+/309144.
      If someone is curious:
      * issue: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...ca6177101343f2092e516fad21a92cda9dffb0cb50699
      * likely fix: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998/+/308061.
      Hi, I am on the latest LOS 18.1 dumpling.

I would like to update the baseband and/or radio+modem component of the latest OnePlus 5T firmware contained in OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_069_all_2010292144_76910d123e3940e5.zip

My device has the firmware from OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_054_all_2002242025_81ae0ff9d1c34a3f.zip.

I cannot flash then entire OS (because I am unable to perform proper nandroid backup and restore in TWRP due to a bug in TWRP related to multiple users [work profile]), so need to do only the components radio+modem, using "fastboot flash".

I have extracted the folders" "firmware-update" and "RADIO" from the most recent version OS zip but want to check which files need to be flashed and to what blocks, IOW:

"fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin"
      "fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin"

and

"flashboot flash oem_stanvbk RADIO/static_nvbk.bin"

Are these 3 correct? And can I safely just flash those 2 to update the baseband? Or is something else required?
      Why on earth will you not just follow the install instructions?
      I finally upgraded to 18.1 from LineageOS 16 and am very happy with it.
      The only thing I can't find is how to turn off the capacitive buttons' backlight.
      Can anyone enlighten me (pun intended)?
      That option is not there in the current builds. I don't know if someone is working on it or not but there are work around it. Check out my earlier post and let us know if this fixes things.

Actual script that I have if this helps you more.

Bash:
      #!/system/bin/sh

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness
      LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
      Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
      Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
      - Wipe data
      - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
      Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
      - Flash before updating
      - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
      - Official instructions
      - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
      - Download update from Updater app
      - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
      LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
      Google Apps: MindTheGapps
      Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
      LineageOS source code:
      - https://github.com/LineageOS
      Device tree:
      - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
      - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
      - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
      Kernel:
      - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
      Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
      Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
      UPDATE:
      * Synced LineageOS sources
      * EAS is here to stay
      * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
      * More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
      UPDATE:
      * Synced LineageOS sources
      * Fix USB file transfer
      * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
      * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
      * Detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
      Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
      Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone