[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

AlexMirrors

May 19, 2015
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5
Dash charge doesn't work on this rom, max charge is 1300mA as per amphere, is this expected behaviour due to proprietary firmware or a bug??

Edit:

After several tries now it's recognised as dash charge, but the charge rate is slow may be because charge is at to 90%.View attachment 5299145
Just bear in mind that dash charge it's not always active during charge. It slows around the end to avoid overheating. If you charge your phone at 50% you can reach full charge in 30 minutes

Reactions: kaidelorenzo

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016
Hi, I am on the latest LOS 18.1 dumpling.

I would like to update the baseband and/or radio+modem component of the latest OnePlus 5T firmware contained in OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_069_all_2010292144_76910d123e3940e5.zip

My device has the firmware from OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_054_all_2002242025_81ae0ff9d1c34a3f.zip.

I cannot flash then entire OS (because I am unable to perform proper nandroid backup and restore in TWRP due to a bug in TWRP related to multiple users [work profile]), so need to do only the components radio+modem, using "fastboot flash".

I have extracted the folders" "firmware-update" and "RADIO" from the most recent version OS zip but want to check which files need to be flashed and to what blocks, IOW:

"fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin"
"fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin"

and

"flashboot flash oem_stanvbk RADIO/static_nvbk.bin"

Are these 3 correct? And can I safely just flash those 2 to update the baseband? Or is something else required?
Why on earth will you not just follow the install instructions?

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
Why on earth will you not just follow the install instructions?
Perhaps my post wasn't explicit enough.
I HAVE already installed LOS 18.1 official on my device AND followed the instructions.
And I cannot seem to be able to do a proper nandroid backup due to a bug (re. multiple users) in TWRP.
I had ALREADY flashed the "most recent" OOS version prior to installing official LOS 18.1 but another OOS version came out AFTER that which may be upgrading the baseband, etc. (I don't actually know for sure baseband has actually upgraded from latest OOS from next to latest, though. I do see the checksum in the LOS ZIP for the files in "firmware-update" match the files in latest OOS zip., including NON-HLOS.bin. So I suppose those don't need to be touched; that would leave RADIO/static_nvbk.bin which is not present in the LOS zip.)
Because I cannot do the nandroid backup, wipe, flash the new OOS zip, and restore, I want to see if I can just flash the files to upgrade baseband, radio, modem. Anything to do with that.

Last edited:

markitosd

• Jul 14, 2012
    Reconquista
    OnePlus 5T
    I'm having a weird bug on latest nightly. A contact has changed its profile picture on WhatsApp but when I receive a message from him/her the pic is not the latest one (it has the one it had before changing). Tried wiping dalvik and cache but nothing happened. I don't know if it's happening the same for other conversational apps.

Edit: Also when adding a shortcut it happens the same issue.
    Screenshot_20210505-215152_Trebuchet~3.png

Last edited:

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016
    Perhaps my post wasn't explicit enough.
    I HAVE already installed LOS 18.1 official on my device AND followed the instructions.
    And I cannot seem to be able to do a proper nandroid backup due to a bug (re. multiple users) in TWRP.
    I had ALREADY flashed the "most recent" OOS version prior to installing official LOS 18.1 but another OOS version came out AFTER that which may be upgrading the baseband, etc. (I don't actually know for sure baseband has actually upgraded from latest OOS from next to latest, though. I do see the checksum in the LOS ZIP for the files in "firmware-update" match the files in latest OOS zip., including NON-HLOS.bin. So I suppose those don't need to be touched; that would leave RADIO/static_nvbk.bin which is not present in the LOS zip.)
    Because I cannot do the nandroid backup, wipe, flash the new OOS zip, and restore, I want to see if I can just flash the files to upgrade baseband, radio, modem. Anything to do with that.
    The OTA zip includes all the necessary files, flashing some manually could just cause mismatches and break more things than you try to fix.
    The 'static_nvbk.bin' is included, but please note that it is not in a subfolder, rather just in the 'firmware-update'-folder.

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
    The OTA zip includes all the necessary files, flashing some manually could just cause mismatches and break more things than you try to fix.
    The 'static_nvbk.bin' is included, but please note that it is not in a subfolder, rather just in the 'firmware-update'-folder.
    I just compared checksum of "static_nvbk.bin" between the LOS 18.1 zip file and the latest OOS zip and they match. So it appears no need to flash anything, as you have pointed out.
    Thanks for your feedback.

stef204

Jul 22, 2017
    On the latest LOS 18.1.
    I am getting a lot of audio problems.
    a) One is described here.
    b) Another one is that once I use the speakerphone on a call, it stays that way no matter what, the speaker is not turned off on subsequent calls.

Another form of this is that the phone will think that I am using headphones (when I'm not) and I cannot hear the caller's voice. The way I "solve" this one is by inserting the headphone plug and then unplugging it. It then goes back to normal.

a) above is almost a deal breaker for me. If I had root on the phone, I would back everything up with something like TB or Migrate, wipe and re-install LOS 16+ (compiled locally so I could get the most recent security patches) but I don't have root, not looking to install Magisk; and not looking forward to struggling with this wipe and restore.

I'm not sure how bugs get picked up by maintainers, etc. So I also wanted to post here and get feedback on how to proceed. Thanks.

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
    desperatenerd.wordpress.com
    b) [...] once I use the speakerphone on a call, it stays that way no matter what, the speaker is not turned off on subsequent calls.
    I've been experiencing this too (on cheeseburger) since LineageOS 16.0.
    My "workaround" is to make a call, immediately turn on/off the speakerphone, then hang up before it even rings. I've been meaning to investigate the speakerphone "state machine" for a while but never found the time...

treklam

Dec 13, 2019
    I have installed lineage recovery and lineage os 18.1 and after that when I restart my phone a message appeared to me:
    "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. Any data stored on the device may be available to attackers. Do not store any sensitive data on the device"
    I did not read about it on installation page of lieage os, is it good or I have to do something?

LV198

Jul 16, 2017
    I have installed lineage recovery and lineage os 18.1 and after that when I restart my phone a message appeared to me:
    "The boot loader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. Any data stored on the device may be available to attackers. Do not store any sensitive data on the device"
    I did not read about it on installation page of lieage os, is it good or I have to do something?
    Use Lineage Recovery and Relock Bootloader if you don't want that screen.

Thimoteo

Aug 13, 2015
    I am now missing bottom of the screen navigation buttons (like the back button) when I restore a back-up in TWRP.
    This issue came up after a lot of trial-and-error with the 5T this morning, (Fixed with a tip from daywalk.) If I clean install lineage 18.1 20210504, I see the nav buttons while I work through the choose-your-language-and-time-zone screens, and then with the bare OS loaded. But if I then do a standard wipe (data, cache and Dalvik) and restore a back-up that also was made from a clean install of 20210504: no nav buttons. I can get into an app, but can't get out of it.

I can get into settings, too, and the top-of-the-screen arrow keys still work inside settings. Is there a setting I can change to bring the nav keys back? Or anything else I can do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I always prefer doing adb sideload and I'm using TWRP as well. I'm just hoping adb sideload does similar things across recoveries.

I don't think you can reasonably call something OTA update if (on average) every third install requires you to plug in usb to reflash.
      If things go wrong with TWRP, you don't get any support from the maintainer, that's all.

You don't get any support from the maintainer when using LOS recovery either, because if you're flashing magisk (which anyone who uses their phone in the real world must, to fix props) he won't help. But the difference is, with twrp, you can rescue your phone by manually reflashing zips when it dies. With LOS, you'll need to power up your laptop and ADB sideload. That's just awful.
      I'm no way recommending any recoveries here, just getting people to reply so it's easier for maintainer to evaluate situation.

I do personally find TWRP more versatile but I have seen many many reports over reddit about TWRP not playing that well with LOS 18.1
      Until someone can tell me what exactly LOS recovery does that TWRP does not, I will not believe it. In my experience from the world of tech support people repeat unfounded myths that other people say with no evidence or reason. "It worked for me with LOS recovery" suddenly becomes "twrp causes problems with flashing".
      As shared by @T1mb3 over the telegram group, the front camera issue with camera API1 now has a fix.

Also mentioned was that the fix seems to fix the shutter lag.

The patch set is currently merged and is expected in the next nightly build.

In the meantime, you can apply the fix by setting the following in /system/build.prop:

Code:
      camera.disable_zsl_mode=1

Thanks @T1mb3!
      In general this ROM works really well. Many thanks to the developers!

I observed 2 issues (OnePlus 5T):
      1) Random phone freezes (like once within 1-2 weeks) - hard shut off and reboot helps (I got no data restrictions)
      2) Call-Issues

The second one (Call-Issues) is a real problem for me. I've activated VoLTE and VoWifi, my carrier supports both and the phone displays both from time to time as I receive or make calls. Especially when the HDVoice Icon is shown (within the caller app) I, as well as the other side, got sound problems: Sound stops randomly or only background sounds are audible, but no voice. It's not possible to chat properly this way and the issue is repeatable when it happens (e.g. hang up and call again -> same problem).
      Switching to e.g. a WhatsApp voice call works as it should. So I guess there is a problem somewhere within the HD-Voice or VoLTE/VoWifi code. I think (!) that the problem isn't there when not using HDVoice (e.g. because of low signal and thus switching to GSM-Calls (or so)).
      I've deactivated VoWifi and will test whether it helps/fixes the problem or not.
      I once installed the latest OOS (OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_086_all_1911042121_f2d6336ae39a4545) on a oneplus3 in order to get VoLTE and VoWiFi working, but I didn't succeed. Maybe because I just installed OOS and without having used it even once I did restore LineageOS ( I did not restore EFS ). I would try it again if I could find an instruction that explains _all_ the steps necessary. I did not find something of the kind related to Exodusnick.

T1mb3 wrote

That was Jan 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM. Now I have installed 18.1 on the obove mentioned oneplus3 and on a cheeseburger, but VoLTE and VoWiFI do still not work on either device, no matter if toggled on or off.

Can anyone point me to the solution?
      Here was the post from Exodusnick:

[10.0][OFFICIAL][EOL] LineageOS 17.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

@T1mb3 I am facing the following problem (with or without Magisk): After turning off my device, I charge the battery and the system restarts instead of launching the charging animation. I don't face this problem if I restart in recovery mode and...
      forum.xda-developers.com
      forum.xda-developers.com

I also switched to Derpfest (in the 5T forum) in May because it has a couple features Lineage lacks.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
      - Official instructions
      - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
      - Download update from Updater app
      - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
      LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
      Google Apps: MindTheGapps
      Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
      LineageOS source code:
      - https://github.com/LineageOS
      Device tree:
      - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
      - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
      - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
      Kernel:
      - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
      Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
      Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
      LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
      Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
      Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
      - Wipe data
      - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
      Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
      - Flash before updating
      - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
      UPDATE:
      * Synced LineageOS sources
      * EAS is here to stay
      * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
      * More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
      UPDATE:
      * Synced LineageOS sources
      * Fix USB file transfer
      * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
      * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
      * Detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
      Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
      Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
      Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
      It should be fixed in next weekly.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone