[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
Is there any chance to get this bug picked up for dumpling?
It's practically a deal breaker for 18.1.
I still have this issue when you boot the OS and make the call sometimes but this workaround has worked for me every time. This only happens when I'm trying to use VOLTE and never on 3G but it seems to be problem that some people had noticed on OOS as well apparently.

mikko3024

Jul 26, 2011
Manila
Reactions: T1mb3 and js-xda

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
As shared by @T1mb3 over the telegram group, the front camera issue with camera API1 now has a fix.

Also mentioned was that the fix seems to fix the shutter lag.

The patch set is currently merged and is expected in the next nightly build.

In the meantime, you can apply the fix by setting the following in /system/build.prop:

Code:
camera.disable_zsl_mode=1

Thanks @T1mb3!
Will this allow to make network based video calls or Google duo?

wbernstein

Dec 3, 2013
OnePlus 5T
Based on the front camera update, this is probably not possible, but I'm wondering if its possible to run the OOS camera AND the gcam on this ROM, and if so how might I get the original Oxygen cam apk working?

I wasn't wild about the included Lineage camera app, but I ask because the video from the OOS cam and portrait mode worked better for me, though I would still like the HDR gcam for wider shots.

I tried to just install the 3.067v of Oneplus camera from APKMIRROR, but that doesn't include the portrait mode and it crashes on vids in slow-motion.

jkim204

Apr 11, 2014
The EFS backup/restore did not work for me back when 17.1 was being worked on. Timb3 figured out the issue causing VoWifi and VOLTE not to work and fixed it. Since then it has been working for me.
The chipmunk thing randomly happens to me on all ROMS on OP5. Even does it on OOS10. I just hit the speakerphone and it goes away. From my limited reading that just seems to happen to T-Mobile users.
May I ask how I can get volte without reverting back to OOS. I'm currently on LOS17.1 and prefer to do an efs patch while I'm on LOS17.1...

Thank you in advance.

Verres1983

Oct 10, 2014
I have issues while listening to music over Bluetooth. On alle devices I've tried (Codecs: LDAC (Sony), SBC) there's stuttering. It is more noticeable, when the phone is off or after playing music for a long time.

Is there or will there be a fix? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm on the latest Build.

Tested different apps (Streaming and offline). Makes no difference. Also tried Offline-Mode, deactivated Location Search for Bluetooth an Wifi, cleared Bluetooth Cache, reset mit Wireless Profiles, deactivated Google Assistant etc.

Besides that: Thanks for making feel an old phone like a new one with this ROM!

brianyz

Dec 16, 2015
May I ask how I can get volte without reverting back to OOS. I'm currently on LOS17.1 and prefer to do an efs patch while I'm on LOS17.1...

Thank you in advance.
I don't have data, so no volte for me. Seems to be working for most.
I can't find the post , but I believe it was user Exodusnick said to get vowifi/volte to work, you needed to make a call at least once on OOS using vowifi/volte (to authorize the phone on the network ????). The way I understood the post was you then needed to make a backup of the efs partition, wipe the phone, install Lineage 17.1, and restore the efs partition (however I don't think the efs partition gets touched during any wiping). That procedure did not get vowifi to work for me. Several days later T1mb3 found the issue and got vowifi working, and from what I've been reading volte too on 17.1 and 18.

Reactions: jkim204

mar3ek

Feb 22, 2011
Bratislava
I have issues while listening to music over Bluetooth. On alle devices I've tried (Codecs: LDAC (Sony), SBC) there's stuttering. It is more noticeable, when the phone is off or after playing music for a long time.

Is there or will there be a fix? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm on the latest Build.

Tested different apps (Streaming and offline). Makes no difference. Also tried Offline-Mode, deactivated Location Search for Bluetooth an Wifi, cleared Bluetooth Cache, reset mit Wireless Profiles, deactivated Google Assistant etc.

Besides that: Thanks for making feel an old phone like a new one with this ROM!
I've been having the same issue ever since moving from Lineage 17 to 18. It's driving me nuts. Interestingly, I have a second pair of BT headphones and that one works without any issues. After playing around with the settings, it SEEMS to me that turning HD Audio off in Developer options solves or at least mitigates the issue for me.

I would love to see this fixed. These are the headphones I use:
Audio-Technica ATH-AR5BT (stutters with HD Audio on in all modes - AptX, AAC, SBC; does not stutter with HD audio off - SBC)
Plantronics Backbeat FIT (does not support HD Audio, does not stutter)

humpty321

Jun 12, 2015
I don't have data, so no volte for me. Seems to be working for most.
I can't find the post , but I believe it was user Exodusnick said to get vowifi/volte to work, you needed to make a call at least once on OOS using vowifi/volte (to authorize the phone on the network ????). The way I understood the post was you then needed to make a backup of the efs partition, wipe the phone, install Lineage 17.1, and restore the efs partition (however I don't think the efs partition gets touched during any wiping). That procedure did not get vowifi to work for me. Several days later T1mb3 found the issue and got vowifi working, and from what I've been reading volte too on 17.1 and 18.
I once installed the latest OOS (OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_086_all_1911042121_f2d6336ae39a4545) on a oneplus3 in order to get VoLTE and VoWiFi working, but I didn't succeed. Maybe because I just installed OOS and without having used it even once I did restore LineageOS ( I did not restore EFS ). I would try it again if I could find an instruction that explains _all_ the steps necessary. I did not find something of the kind related to Exodusnick.

T1mb3 wrote
Next update fixes VoWIFI, thanks for all who helped fixing it(y)

That was Jan 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM. Now I have installed 18.1 on the obove mentioned oneplus3 and on a cheeseburger, but VoLTE and VoWiFI do still not work on either device, no matter if toggled on or off.

Can anyone point me to the solution?

Last edited:

brianyz

Dec 16, 2015
I once installed the latest OOS (OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_086_all_1911042121_f2d6336ae39a4545) on a oneplus3 in order to get VoLTE and VoWiFi working, but I didn't succeed. Maybe because I just installed OOS and without having used it even once I did restore LineageOS ( I did not restore EFS ). I would try it again if I could find an instruction that explains _all_ the steps necessary. I did not find something of the kind related to Exodusnick.

T1mb3 wrote

That was Jan 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM. Now I have installed 18.1 on the obove mentioned oneplus3 and on a cheeseburger, but VoLTE and VoWiFI do still not work on either device, no matter if toggled on or off.

Can anyone point me to the solution?
Here was the post from Exodusnick:

[10.0][OFFICIAL][EOL] LineageOS 17.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

@T1mb3 I am facing the following problem (with or without Magisk): After turning off my device, I charge the battery and the system restarts instead of launching the charging animation. I don't face this problem if I restart in recovery mode and...
forum.xda-developers.com
forum.xda-developers.com

I also switched to Derpfest (in the 5T forum) in May because it has a couple features Lineage lacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: humpty321

csoller

Nov 16, 2008
Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked, I searched and could not find a definitive answer.
As you all know for magisk 23 to install you need a ramdik image.
I read somewhere that you can not just use the ramdik.img that's in the root folder of lineage 18.1.

So how do you root lineage 18.1 with magisk 23?
Sorry for the basic question I might be missing something obvious.

Thank you in advance.

Reittis

Dec 20, 2014
View attachment 5336661
Is the option not available or working for you? I haven't tried connecting a device to hotspot but I don't see any issues when selecting 5Ghz for it and other devices still see the hotspot fine.
For me, that setting is "gray" meaning it's locked to 2.4 GHz and won't let it change. The language of the system is Finnish, ie the settings are displayed in that language.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-195925_Asetukset.png
    Screenshot_20210612-195925_Asetukset.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 35

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
For me, that setting is "gray" meaning it's locked to 2.4 GHz and won't let it change. The language of the system is Finnish, ie the settings are displayed in that language.
That's definitely weird and I don't have any answer for it. For reference I had moved to LOS 18.1 on OP5 with clean flash. I don't know if you upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and something was weird there, or if it's somehow limited in some other way.

Reittis

Dec 20, 2014
That's definitely weird and I don't have any answer for it. For reference I had moved to LOS 18.1 on OP5 with clean flash. I don't know if you upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and something was weird there, or if it's somehow limited in some other way.

I did a clean installation. There is currently no sim card in this phone. Does it affect? On the other hand, the WLAN hotspot starts up by sharing the phone's current WLAN connection because there is no card.

Top Liked Posts