• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

returntrip

Jun 4, 2009
Anyone else having issues with the fingeprint auth stopping working on the last build (15th June)? It works briefly after rebooting and then it suddenly stops.

uni3que

Oct 1, 2011
I've been trying to get the safetynet work with the latest update but no progress. For Magisk props, I have selected pixel 4, 4a with android 11 even oneplus 5 with android 10, safetynet fails repeatedly.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going wrong?

I think because of safetynet fail, I can't make wireless NFC payments in stores.

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
Anyone else having issues with the fingeprint auth stopping working on the last build (15th June)? It works briefly after rebooting and then it suddenly stops.
I have been running the build for a while now and I haven't had any issues with fingerprint auth. If you are able to reproduce the issue, get a bug going with logcat so that dev can take a look at it.

I've been trying to get the safetynet work with the latest update but no progress. For Magisk props, I have selected pixel 4, 4a with android 11 even oneplus 5 with android 10, safetynet fails repeatedly.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going wrong?

I think because of safetynet fail, I can't make wireless NFC payments in stores.
I haven't had any issues with SafetyNet on latest build. Did it stop working when you upgraded from previous build to the new one? Or this is a new install? Along with Magisk props, I guess you also have MagiskHide enabled?

uni3que

Oct 1, 2011
I haven't had any issues with SafetyNet on latest build. Did it stop working when you upgraded from previous build to the new one? Or this is a new install? Along with Magisk props, I guess you also have MagiskHide enabled?

No this is my first install with the latest build. I did exactly as mentioned in previous posts.

Install MagiskHide props from Magisk modules, then use termux to go into props, select fingerprint, oneplus 5/ pixel / etc, do reboot and check on Magisk app for Safetynet. It gives me attestation failed, same goes for any other safetynet app checker from google playstore.

Do I have to mess around with MagiskHide props settings too? Like boot stages, use vendor fingerprint for treble or edit props values etc?

So just to give a brief idea of my installation setup: lineageOS18.1 nightly from server, Magisk 23 zip file and Nikiapps basic version. I am installing all of these with factory reset option in the twrp 2.3.5 version.

Last edited:

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
No this is my first install with the latest build. I did exactly as mentioned in previous posts.

Install MagiskHide props from Magisk modules, then use termux to go into props, select fingerprint, oneplus 5/ pixel / etc, do reboot and check on Magisk app for Safetynet. It gives me attestation failed, same goes for any other safetynet app checker from google playstore.

Do I have to mess around with MagiskHide props settings too? Like boot stages, use vendor fingerprint for treble or edit props values etc?

So just to give a brief idea of my installation setup: linearOS18.1 nightly from server, Magisk 23 zip file and Nikiapps basic version. I am installing all of these with factory reset option in the twrp 2.3.5 version.
You are missing one important step there. MagiskHide Props module is required to fake the device signatures. You need to also go into Magisk settings and enable MagiskHide (this is not a separate module). This setting hides magisk from Google Play Services (and can be used to hide it from Banking apps and such).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-154925_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210619-154925_Magisk.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: uni3que

uni3que

Oct 1, 2011
You are missing one important step there. MagiskHide Props module is required to fake the device signatures. You need to also go into Magisk settings and enable MagiskHide (this is not a separate module). This setting hides magisk from Google Play Services (and can be used to hide it from Banking apps and such).
Wow thanks alot. That did it. I can't believe I missed this.

But why is that I can't see Netflix in the playstore? I have deleted storage for both playstore and playservices and did a reboot

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
Wow thanks alot. That did it. I can't believe I missed this.

But why is that I can't see Netflix in the playstore? I have deleted storage for both playstore and playservices and did a reboot
Does you Play Store now claims to be certified on the device? That may be the issue but should have gone away with clearing the data and reboot.

Regardless for Netflix, you can always sideload the apk from trusted site like apkmirror.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-175512_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210619-175512_Google_Play_Store.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 49

returntrip

Jun 4, 2009
I have been running the build for a while now and I haven't had any issues with fingerprint auth. If you are able to reproduce the issue, get a bug going with logcat so that dev can take a look
Unfortunately, by the time I had noticed your reply, I had reinstalled the build from the 8th of June.

One weird thing I noticed, when I updated the phone with the latest build, was that Magisk had not been wiped from the ROM as it usually happens... that was odd.

Last edited:

uni3que

Oct 1, 2011
Does you Play Store now claims to be certified on the device? That may be the issue but should have gone away with clearing the data and reboot.

Regardless for Netflix, you can always sideload the apk from trusted site like apkmirror.
I solved it by doing an another clean install with pixel v11 selected. It's working flawlessly. Thanks

Just one hickup, the gcam doesn't have sound when recording a video.

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
Random reboots are more frequent now, everytime I unlock the phone from sleep (usually when phone is lying ideal for more than 2 hours atleast) and start using an app or make a phone call, phone reboots itself.
Its annoying now because its happens 4-5 times a day

FcMirror

Jun 22, 2021
Hi. Is it worth to install lineageos 18.1 on oneplus 5? I currently have newest possible official version from oneplus. Is everything working properly on lineageos 18.1? Can I use mobile banking and NFC?

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
Hi. Is it worth to install lineageos 18.1 on oneplus 5? I currently have newest possible official version from oneplus. Is everything working properly on lineageos 18.1? Can I use mobile banking and NFC?
The only major thing broken is Wifi Display (which is used to mirror your phone screens to external displays). If that is a deal breaker to you, should probably stay on OOS. But apart from that everything else works just fine.

There is a known issue about random reboots if you use functionality of blocking internet access to apps but apart from that one thing, builds are super stable (I don't use this functionality and have never had random reboots).

For banking & NFC payments, you will need to use Magisk and some steps that are described earlier in this thread.

I find the memory management of the OS much better on LOS. OOS was too aggressive about RAM.
You do loose three finger screenshot guesture and long screenshot (as they are not AOSP features).

FcMirror

Jun 22, 2021
I have Amazon fire stick and there's an option to cast phone screen to the TV screen . Will I lose this option?
Also I have one more question. Does the updates are automatic or do I need to install them manually using some recovery etc.?

Last edited:

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
I want to report one issue.
Lets say that data is enabled on sim 1 on 4g network, when you switch data usage to sim 2, it shows that switch has happened but there is no internet.
workaround for this is issue is to toggle airplane mode or reboot and vice versa for another sim 2 to sim 1.

Kwenzai

Dec 11, 2020
Hi all, I install the new update via OTA after uninstall magisk. After that, my phone stay on the LineageOS logo on loop and after 2 minutes my phone reboot on TWRP. What can I do?

Kwenzai

Dec 11, 2020
Ok I found a solution, I don't know if it's realy clean, but I will tell you what I have done, first I tried to wipe cahce and Dalvik cache, no success. After, I tried to uninstall Magisk from TWRP, no success. I tried to reinstall Magisk from TWRP, no success. I tried to applicate the new LineageOS update once again, no success. And so my last solution was to tried to install "MindTheGapps" over the "NikGapps" that I install before and then ... MIRACLE that's work.

Now my question : It's good to have the twice Gapps installed,The NikGapps and the MindTheGapps?
And if not, how to uninstall NikGapps?

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
I have Amazon fire stick and there's an option to cast phone screen to the TV screen . Will I lose this option?
Also I have one more question. Does the updates are automatic or do I need to install them manually using some recovery etc.?
I don't know what Amazon fire stick uses in general. Is this cast button in Youtube or Netflix or Hulu application? If so that's using Google's API and should work on LOS. If this is something custom only between Prime Videos and Fire Stick YMMV.

If you are using LOS recovery, there is a inbuilt updater similar to OOS and you can just use it to flash newest update. You don't need to do anything special. There are weekly builds. I personally don't update to every weekly but when something worthwhile is either fixed or there is a new security patch merged (Generally second week of the month).

Ok I found a solution, I don't know if it's realy clean, but I will tell you what I have done, first I tried to wipe cahce and Dalvik cache, no success. After, I tried to uninstall Magisk from TWRP, no success. I tried to reinstall Magisk from TWRP, no success. I tried to applicate the new LineageOS update once again, no success. And so my last solution was to tried to install "MindTheGapps" over the "NikGapps" that I install before and then ... MIRACLE that's work.

Now my question : It's good to have the twice Gapps installed,The NikGapps and the MindTheGapps?
And if not, how to uninstall NikGapps?

If system is running fine, I would not touch it. There are no two gapps installed there, MindTheGapps must have overwritten some things from NikGapps.

Reactions: Kwenzai

Top Liked Posts