• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Hi,

I must do the same thing. Can you describe in which way you do that?
Very simple and as far as I recall (no warranty):
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Nandroid backup via TWRP
  • Separate backup of really important things and files excluded in Nandroid backup
  • Made sure that I have really a backup of everything
  • Updated to latest TWRP
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flashed mentioned builds of LineageOS and NikGapps
  • Wipe Dalvik/Cache
  • Reboot to system
Good to mention: There is a newer build of NikGapps which seems to fix some specific issues that I am not affected by.

Reactions: ruszok

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
Folks, Just noticed that SMS sending is not working for me on the latest build. SMS are being received but and so is this a permission issue discussed last year?

Performed basic troubleshooting like toggling permissions, changing network type, toggling data, restarts.

Config:

lineage_cheeseburger-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210605.005 1705663a39

Network : Airtel (LTE)

MindTheGapps

Magisk 23, Pixel 4a build prop, Safety net passed

Update :

Tried granting permission via adb, But still SMS cannot be sent.

Last edited:

CharlesDicken

Oct 20, 2013
Screenshot_20210718-074132_Settings.png

I left my phone over night and it lost 30% battery?

winnertt

Dec 17, 2018
I've quite settled with the current latest (and probably last) OOS, with everything "working" & "bugless". How would you guys persuade me to migrate to LOS?

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
Tried July19 build just to see if the update changes anything w.r.t SMS sending issue but no dice.

Does SMS work for others here? SMSC and other basic parameters seems to be fine.

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
Folks, Just noticed that SMS sending is not working for me on the latest build. SMS are being received but and so is this a permission issue discussed last year?

Performed basic troubleshooting like toggling permissions, changing network type, toggling data, restarts.

Config:

lineage_cheeseburger-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210605.005 1705663a39

Network : Airtel (LTE)

MindTheGapps

Magisk 23, Pixel 4a build prop, Safety net passed

Update :

Tried granting permission via adb, But still SMS cannot be sent.

Create a bug report with proper logs. Otherwise nothing will propably happen.

Sure I will do it, wanted to check first whether this an known issue first as it's just been a week since I switched to this ROM.

I guess it's just me then.

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Tried July19 build just to see if the update changes anything w.r.t SMS sending issue but no dice.

Does SMS work for others here? SMSC and other basic parameters seems to be fine.
SMS functioning here (cheeseburger, build July5th) without issues. Will update to newer build this weekend and inform about changes.

Update July 24th: Also no issue after update to build July 19th (with same NikGApps Core 210703).

Last edited:
Reactions: indiandragon

LV198

Jul 16, 2017
Anyone having issues with Android Auto? Not sure if this is a longstanding bug with LOS or not, but I only get sound out of the phone speaker when it's plugged in via USB to an Android Auto car. Bluetooth still works if I unplug. I read this google community post and verified I am using version 6.5 which should have the fix. No luck. LOS issue?

Had the same problems. Check in the settings app that Android auto has access to all permissions. Then it will work.

Reactions: nmh5001

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
SMS functioning here (cheeseburger, build July5th) without issues. Will update to newer build this weekend and inform about changes.

Update July 24th: Also no issue after update to build July 19th (with same NikGApps Core 210703).

Thank you @js-xda !

I checked the logs and didn't see anything amiss within application logs and then checked the radio logs where I found,

Code:
SmsMessage: Invalid Validity Period-1

I thought this has to do with the SMS tower validity and something was wrong with the SMSC settings. But on further checking it seems my operator had recently removed the Outgoing SMS for my plan. Yay Telecom Oligopoly!

I apologize for wasting your time people, @T1mb3 .

Reactions: T1mb3

MAD_666

Nov 26, 2016
Anyone having issues with the current version? It seems Touchfunction on display isn´t correctly recognized. Visually, I see a delayed reaction, but it doesn't trigger anything. Therefore could not log in after the update.

Clean install of 18.1 two weeks before and today I tried the Updater to the current version.

Now I wipe and try the zip from last week.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone having issues with the current version? It seems Touchfunction on display isn´t correctly recognized. Visually, I see a delayed reaction, but it doesn't trigger anything. Therefore could not log in after the update.

Clean install of 18.1 two weeks before and today I tried the Updater to the current version.

Now I wipe and try the zip from last week.
To which exact build are you referring - 210719 (no such issues here) or 210726 (which was probably not yet online at the time of your post)?

Top Liked Posts