• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

Ian80

Jul 23, 2008
When the screen is off, my phone is waking on notifications. I want to disable this, and in settings I can search and see a setting called "Wake screen for notifications - When screen is dark, it turns on for new notifications". This is under Display -> Lock screen.

I assume I need to turn this setting off, however once I click on it after searching for it in settings, it takes me to a settings page that doesn't show this option?

Thanks

EDIT: Turning off Ambient display fixed this for me.

Last edited:

alakyr

Nov 22, 2011
Hi guys,
I went back on LOS after years and I found out that, even is I don't have any root or magisk apps, some apps like the one from the bank or LG thinQ says me that I have a rooted device....how can I fix this?
Don't want to go back stock just for few apps

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
Hi guys,
I went back on LOS after years and I found out that, even is I don't have any root or magisk apps, some apps like the one from the bank or LG thinQ says me that I have a rooted device....how can I fix this?
Don't want to go back stock just for few apps
They seem to be detecting unlocked bootloader. Although some effort has been made with Magisk modules to circumvent this it seems like they're unsuccessful.

Have you tried relocking your bootloader as detailed in past posts since you don't have Magisk? Even if you did I think safety net may not pass and thereby loosing access to some other apps like GPay but your current unlock detecting apps might work.

alakyr

Nov 22, 2011
They seem to be detecting unlocked bootloader. Although some effort has been made with Magisk modules to circumvent this it seems like they're unsuccessful.

Have you tried relocking your bootloader as detailed in past posts since you don't have Magisk? Even if you did I think safety net may not pass and thereby loosing access to some other apps like GPay but your current unlock detecting apps might work.
I read online that locking the bl on custom rom isn't that safe or things are changed?
anyway I don't use GPay so it will just fix the detection on these app is fine for me

LV198

Jul 16, 2017

Locking BL on LineageOS gives you no benefit except that the boot message disappears. The problem of SafetyNet remains.

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
I read online that locking the bl on custom rom isn't that safe or things are changed?
anyway I don't use GPay so it will just fix the detection on these app is fine for me
Issues:
- Safetynet does not pass. Magisk hide & MagiskHide Props Config help here.
- Wireless display does not work

Notes:
- Relocking bootloader https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-5-5t.4173997/post-84770085 (thanks for @Eric_Lev ) (not suggested though)

Read #2 reg locking bootloader when there is no Magisk.

But as @LV198 says it might be just cosmetic.

Reactions: alakyr

hassie.

May 18, 2021
UK
OnePlus 5T
Is anyone else having this issue, because I am still faced with the front camera only having a max res of 4MP. I've had this problem for 2 months now
After updating today, I noticed the front camera's highest resolution is identified as 4MP instead of 16MP. Taking pics also produces a 4MP image instead of 16MP. Not sure when this issue may have been introduced but I don't remember it being 4MP before. Tested with OnePlus Camera, Snap Camera and Google Camera.View attachment 5312837

Reactions: joneszy

dexxxterek

Nov 26, 2007
Kalisz
Hello
I have a problem with statuts bar. When i pull it down there are no icons on top (when i Press space where icons should be they are still working). I had to expand it and the it shows all icons. Icons disappeared few days ago, but i can not find solution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210801-142025_Nova_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210801-142025_Nova_Launcher.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20210801-142439_Nova_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210801-142439_Nova_Launcher.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 98

creyyyy

May 15, 2012
Hi, I'm looking to switch my OP5 to Lineage after running stock OOS up until now, and I've got a few querier. I've run custom roms in the past on other devices but would happily stay with OOS if it weren't for they security updates. I'm assuming that OOS is faster and smoother, uses less battery, and has a better camera. Let me know if I'm wrong with any of that :)

Sorry for not reading back through the 30 pages and if a bit off topic!
  • How good is the OnePlus camera when used under Lineage? (compared to under OOS)
  • Am I right that using the Magisk Hide module doesn't really work as expected anymore, so SafetyNet can't be tricked, resulting in lots of banking etc apps not working?
  • Is there any other way to get around the SafetyNet issue at the moment?
  • Is it possible to get sped up general UI animations ala OOS?
  • Are there are only nightly builds for Lineage (no stable releases)? Any way to work out the last build without known major issues other than reading the posts here?

Thanks heaps!

Reactions: kikoro89

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone having issues with the current version? It seems Touchfunction on display isn´t correctly recognized. Visually, I see a delayed reaction, but it doesn't trigger anything. Therefore could not log in after the update.

Clean install of 18.1 two weeks before and today I tried the Updater to the current version.

Now I wipe and try the zip from last week.

i have this problem too with the latest build 210726

Is this issue still persistent in the latest build?

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi, I'm looking to switch my OP5 to Lineage after running stock OOS up until now, and I've got a few querier. I've run custom roms in the past on other devices but would happily stay with OOS if it weren't for they security updates. I'm assuming that OOS is faster and smoother, uses less battery, and has a better camera. Let me know if I'm wrong with any of that :)

Sorry for not reading back through the 30 pages and if a bit off topic!
  • How good is the OnePlus camera when used under Lineage? (compared to under OOS)
  • Am I right that using the Magisk Hide module doesn't really work as expected anymore, so SafetyNet can't be tricked, resulting in lots of banking etc apps not working?
  • Is there any other way to get around the SafetyNet issue at the moment?
  • Is it possible to get sped up general UI animations ala OOS?
  • Are there are only nightly builds for Lineage (no stable releases)? Any way to work out the last build without known major issues other than reading the posts here?

Thanks heaps!
I don't really think the camera is amazing on OOS or Lineage, use one of the modded Gcams for better photos: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-nikita-05/ video is fine on the Lineage camera.

You can pass safteynet fine with the Magisk Hide Props Config module installed, you want to spoof your device fingerprint to an official Android 11 fingerprint, such as the one from the Pixel 4a. You also need to hide Magisk Manager and hide Magisk from the Google Play services and any apps with safteynet checks.

No, you need to flash Magisk and use the above module in addition. Banking apps, Google Pay and games that make excessive use of safetynet such as Pokemon Go all work fine for me.

Not sure in regards to animations, Lineage is fine in my opinion, however i think if its a specific requirement you would have to judge for yourself.

Only the weekly nightly build, start with the latest build and see if you personally have any issues. I'm still on a really old build so should probably update soon, I generally leave everything a few months and update every couple of months as historically Magisk had to be re flashed with every update, I'm not sure if that's still the case however.

Reactions: joneszy

xdaTekken

Nov 16, 2018
I'm having troubles with mobile network using nightly 2021-08-10.

Chrome says that there's no internet connection, however it still works sometimes but mostly it doesn't and I need to stop/start mobile network.

I have tried different preferred network types and have also reset the network settings.

This was working fine on OxygenOS.

Also, notice the cross over the network status icon on the image below.
IMG_20210812_105854.jpg

Last edited:

creyyyy

May 15, 2012

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
I think I have seen this issue multiple times now and wanted to report it here to see if someone else can confirm this.
On multiple occasions now I have used LOS Camera/GCam and noticed that somehow after taking pictures/scanning QR codes the battery starts depleting way faster and I eventually get a deal phone. Sadly I don't have logs for this one.

Considering this happens with both camera apps, I want to say maybe its some sort of leak at OS level? This probably doesn't happen with front camera as I don't notice this with video calls through other apps.

vortex-5

Jul 3, 2014
Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the backlight timeout of the capacitive buttons to behave more like stock.

Bonus if they can light up only when touched like stock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts