• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

joneszy

May 4, 2012
I don't really think the camera is amazing on OOS or Lineage, use one of the modded Gcams for better photos: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-nikita-05/ video is fine on the Lineage camera.

You can pass safteynet fine with the Magisk Hide Props Config module installed, you want to spoof your device fingerprint to an official Android 11 fingerprint, such as the one from the Pixel 4a. You also need to hide Magisk Manager and hide Magisk from the Google Play services and any apps with safteynet checks.

No, you need to flash Magisk and use the above module in addition. Banking apps, Google Pay and games that make excessive use of safetynet such as Pokemon Go all work fine for me.

Not sure in regards to animations, Lineage is fine in my opinion, however i think if its a specific requirement you would have to judge for yourself.

Only the weekly nightly build, start with the latest build and see if you personally have any issues. I'm still on a really old build so should probably update soon, I generally leave everything a few months and update every couple of months as historically Magisk had to be re flashed with every update, I'm not sure if that's still the case however.

How do you spoof your device fingerprint exactly?

n3kf

Jul 13, 2015
Is anyone using two SIM card with this release? So does it work similarly to OOS? Thanks. Actually just started using it with a cheap second SIM which gives me a backup to my primary if needed. And sadly sometimes it is..... But it's passed time to move off OSS.

creyyyy

May 15, 2012
Is anyone using two SIM card with this release? So does it work similarly to OOS? Thanks. Actually just started using it with a cheap second SIM which gives me a backup to my primary if needed. And sadly sometimes it is..... But it's passed time to move off OSS.
I don't suppose you worked out any way to disable SIMs? I would be using dual SIM if that were possible.

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
How do you spoof your device fingerprint exactly?
Using the Magisk Hide Props Config module

Once the module is installed type "props" in a terminal emulator then you can follow the on screen options.

I created a more detailed guide here with the aim of getting Pokemon Go working: https://digiex.net/threads/play-pok...or-root-lineageos-16-android-pie-guide.15624/

You will however see screenshots of what to expect when editing the devices fingerprint. That was created back on LineageOS 16, however its all essentially the same now.

You might want to use the fingerprint of the Pixel 4a on Android 11, otherwise you will have issues with Google Pay.

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
I am using 2 sim, 2nd sim slot is used for data connection, the issue I am facing is once I connect to WiFi the data connection is lost after disconnecting WiFi, I have to enable / disable flight mode to activate data from sim

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
As far as I remember, this rom does not enable VoLTE by itself. I followed a guide that patches EFS Partition some time ago which worked well (I'm in Germany on O2).
Struggling currently with the same VoLTE matter on O2 Germany. I found some information (sorry, all German):
Did you follow these recommendations (any clue on a Linux version of the drivers) or was it some other guide?

nirbhk

May 15, 2015
Hi, Thanks for the continued support. Would the issue mentioned under #2 expected to be resolved in near future organically? Will this ROM be able to pass safety net without Magisk module in near future?

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016
Hi, Thanks for the continued support. Would the issue mentioned under #2 expected to be resolved in near future organically? Will this ROM be able to pass safety net without Magisk module in near future?
There are plans for fixing WFD at platform level. I'm unable to tell wheter will be implemented on 18.1 but the changes are moving around in Gerrit.

Reactions: nirbhk

weiquata

Feb 13, 2009
I can't find any option to enable gesture navigation (or swipe navigation).

Initially, I thought it was the Gapps I installed does not support, then I re-flash latest ROM with either MindTheGapps or OpenGApps, still not able to find this option in Settings.

Does anyone have the same?

denisovich

Nov 9, 2020

Initially, I thought it was the Gapps I installed does not support, then I re-flash latest ROM with either MindTheGapps or OpenGApps, still not able to find this option in Settings.

I suggest you look under Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Gestures.

You could even use the Search feature in Settings next time you have a question like that.

Reactions: kk131 and T1mb3

weiquata

Feb 13, 2009

You could even use the Search feature in Settings next time you have a question like that.
Yes, I have done these before asking here.

The only option I have is to enable "on-screen nav bar" which is "3-button navigation", not the "gesture navigation" I wanted.
I attached the Settings screenshots.

by the way, the model I use is OnePlus 5 (not T variant).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-214600_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214600_Trebuchet.png
    101 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20210901-214616_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214616_Trebuchet.png
    120 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210901-214101_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214101_Trebuchet.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210901-214117_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214117_Trebuchet.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210901-214133_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214133_Trebuchet.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210901-214255_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214255_Trebuchet.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

T1mb3

Feb 14, 2016

Worth noting that on screen navigation needs to be enabled first.

Reactions: weiquata

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @T1mb3 This soft reboot bug has also been reported for Dumpling: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3287

For me it makes using 18.1 virtually impossible and I downgraded to a home build version of 16.0.

So I guess what @binarious is referring to by linking to the jasmine_sprout issue is mikeng's fix for that specific tree.
    I checked, same fix is no-op, (it was basically a false revert of a upstream commit, fix was reverting the reverted upstream revert).
    I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but I will look around if I'd be able to find something.
    I'm having a strange problem that I have never encountered before.

The only thing I did was reboot my phone to recovery using the advanced power menu. My intention was to take a backup in TWRP before updating lineage. I realized when TWRP loaded that I had forgotten to remove my screen lock, so I powered off the device so I could remove it. The problem is that my phone keeps booting back into TWRP. I can't do anything in TWRP because the data can't be decrypted due to the screen lock and I can't boot into Lineage because the phone goes straight to TWRP each time. I'm stuck.

I am able to boot into fastboot but I can't get any of my computers to see the device. I believe I disabled USB debugging at some point.

If anyone has any ideas that might help please let me know.
    Why don't you just type password in twrp? Or click cancel at that point and reboot.
    I had similar issue. I was able to fix by installing the lineageos recovery. I think afterwards i was able to boot back into the system again.

You might try this at your own risk if there are no other ideas.
    I appreciate the suggestion.

The trouble is I am unsure how to flash it in my current situation. I can't use TWRP since it won't accept my screen lock pin and I can't use fastboot since none of my 3 computers are able to detect the device.

Out of curiosity I checked to see if it could be seen using adb instead of fastboot. While in TWRP at the password prompt my device is listed as an attached device there (see attached picture).
    View attachment 5420325
    I'm not familiar enough with adb to know if its possible to flash recovery images with it. All of the tutorials I remember following used fastboot for flashing. I'm doing some research now to see if this could potentially be an avenue to save my phone.

If you or anyone else reading this knows better than I do, I would appreciate some feedback.
    It's strange that adb works fine but fastboot doesn't on the same machine. I'm assuming you have used fastboot before on the PC with the phone?

If adb devices gives you something, have you tried adb reboot bootloader command? (I don't know if it's bootloader or fastboot). TWRP reboot has option to reboot into bootloader mode, I don't know of you have tried that one?

If adb is there and if you don't care about data, maybe you can try adb sideload official OOS zip? If sideload works then it will replace OS and also recovery. You can factory reset from that recovery and get somewhere?
    Anyone got google pay working? Even though my device is not rooted and BL is locked, i cannot add any cards to google pay.
    Search this thread for exact instructions. To use Google Pay, you need to get SafetyNet to pass and sadly that will need use Magisk (yeah root) and use a fake fingerprint. I have not had any issues with Google Pay since moving to LOS 18.1
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 18.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: MindTheGapps
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree:
    - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel:
    - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * EAS is here to stay
    * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
    * More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * Fix USB file transfer
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
    * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
    * Detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
    Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
    It should be fixed in next weekly.