• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
@T1mb3 There seems to be issues with Android API 4.2 implementation, as we concluded seeing the log files of a gsm tower app (https://github.com/zamojski/TowerCollector/issues/109#issuecomment-909453346)
When forcing to use API 4.2, both mMcc and mMnc values are null.
Although it works just fine with the stock rom.
Any idea how to fix that ?

P.S. I'm personally using the rom with microG (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-with-microg-for-oneplus-5-5t.4260639/) but results are the same on both

scruffy1

long time fan of lineage on my nexus 5 (old school goodness)

recently bought a new old stock 5t (8gb ram / 128gb storage) and have it running oxygen 10.0.1

keen to go back to lineage

however, if i elect to revert to the stock rom, can i simply use the official build found here ?

and apart from the joy of unlocking, is there a major improvement over the nearly vanilla experience of oxy10 ?

thanks for any encouragement

SirRGB

long time fan of lineage on my nexus 5 (old school goodness)

recently bought a new old stock 5t (8gb ram / 128gb storage) and have it running oxygen 10.0.1

keen to go back to lineage

however, if i elect to revert to the stock rom, can i simply use the official build found here ?

and apart from the joy of unlocking, is there a major improvement over the nearly vanilla experience of oxy10 ?

thanks for any encouragement
First of all, Lineage is not EOL, you still receive ota updates in contrast to oos. In addition there is a real dark mode, which is really black, not grey. Going back to stock is fairly easy, you can flash the oos.zip using stock recovery or orangefox, twrp needs some adjustments I think.

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Does the fingerprint reader work for you guys with sep/14 update? Mine doesn't. Even the option is not available anymore.

edit: it works again after I downgraded to previous version.

Last edited:

taco976

May 21, 2012
OnePlus 5
I have a problem. I am using an OnePlus 5 with Google Fi carrier, running LineageOS 18.1-20210913 and just upgraded from the 17.1 version. The problem is that when I make a phone call, I hear what sounds like a high pitch sound that is playing at a high speed. I power it off for a few minutes and it fixes it sometimes. But the person on the other end can hear me fine. It was on the 17.1 ver and thinking the 18.1 ver would fix it, nope. It is doing it still. Don't know if it is a hardware, software, or carrier problem.

scruffy1

well.... wow ! :D

i recently purchased a 8/128gb 5t as old stock "new in box" from ali express, and i must say this rom is rocking its socks, more than just a bit using the latest nightly (lineage-18.1-20210914-nightly-dumpling-signed)

anyone going a new upgrade should check this thread :
the current iteration of win10 makes unlocking the bootloader a major pain without the knowledge of installing unsigned oneplus usb drivers, and even getting into the magic screen of startup is more convoluted now than even those instructions can tell, but google-fu will win in the end

huge kudos to Thread starter T1mb3 for his excellent work

:cool:

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
I have a problem. I am using an OnePlus 5 with Google Fi carrier, running LineageOS 18.1-20210913 and just upgraded from the 17.1 version. The problem is that when I make a phone call, I hear what sounds like a high pitch sound that is playing at a high speed. I power it off for a few minutes and it fixes it sometimes. But the person on the other end can hear me fine. It was on the 17.1 ver and thinking the 18.1 ver would fix it, nope. It is doing it still. Don't know if it is a hardware, software, or carrier problem.
That is a known issue on some carriers when you are using VOLTE. There is a simple workaround to it. If you hear that high pitch noise, just press (and then unpress) loudspeaker button in the active dialer. This fixes the issue, but only until phone is rebooted. Apparently some people had this problem on stock OOS as well but it happens a lot on Lineage for me. The workaround works everytime is not that annoying as I don't reboot phone that much.

taco976

May 21, 2012
OnePlus 5
That is a known issue on some carriers when you are using VOLTE. There is a simple workaround to it. If you hear that high pitch noise, just press (and then unpress) loudspeaker button in the active dialer. This fixes the issue, but only until phone is rebooted. Apparently some people had this problem on stock OOS as well but it happens a lot on Lineage for me. The workaround works everytime is not that annoying as I don't reboot phone that much.
OK. So it is on the carriers side? Is there a way to have it fix on the software side within an update?

Vege02

Aug 12, 2012
Does anyone having issues with enabling the camera2api?
Because i can't seem to enable it. I tried installing the module through Magks without any success, then i tried flashing it through twrp, didn't work either.
I checked the status through the Manual Camera Compatibility from playstore.

I also can't find the "persist.vender.camera.hal3.enable=1" value to change it to 0.

And then while i was trying to install the gcam, by mistake i unsintalled the lineage os 18.1 stock camera app. Now i have no camera app available in the phone. How can i revert back the stock app? Is there an apk i can flash to get it back?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

panhansx

Jun 7, 2015
Anyone else have issues with quiet voice messages (whatsapp, telegram)? When speaking into the ear speaker the sound is much louder. It seems the bottom mic is not working properly.
I have no problems with calls. I also cleaned it allready.

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
I'm using 5T and after 14 sept upgrade fingerprint doesn't work. Gonna have to downgrade.

No problem here.try to delete the fingerprints and setup again
Fingerprint sensor is still not working. Everything's fine until the Sep 7th update, but after that something breaks. Looks like there is no fingerprint service available after that (the option is gone from the menu). Anyway, a big thanks to T1mb3 for maintaining the ROM. It totally blows the OOS out of the water (even with the missing FP sensor) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @T1mb3 This soft reboot bug has also been reported for Dumpling: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3287

For me it makes using 18.1 virtually impossible and I downgraded to a home build version of 16.0.

So I guess what @binarious is referring to by linking to the jasmine_sprout issue is mikeng's fix for that specific tree.
    I checked, same fix is no-op, (it was basically a false revert of a upstream commit, fix was reverting the reverted upstream revert).
    I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but I will look around if I'd be able to find something.
    I'm having a strange problem that I have never encountered before.

The only thing I did was reboot my phone to recovery using the advanced power menu. My intention was to take a backup in TWRP before updating lineage. I realized when TWRP loaded that I had forgotten to remove my screen lock, so I powered off the device so I could remove it. The problem is that my phone keeps booting back into TWRP. I can't do anything in TWRP because the data can't be decrypted due to the screen lock and I can't boot into Lineage because the phone goes straight to TWRP each time. I'm stuck.

I am able to boot into fastboot but I can't get any of my computers to see the device. I believe I disabled USB debugging at some point.

If anyone has any ideas that might help please let me know.
    Why don't you just type password in twrp? Or click cancel at that point and reboot.
    I had similar issue. I was able to fix by installing the lineageos recovery. I think afterwards i was able to boot back into the system again.

You might try this at your own risk if there are no other ideas.
    I appreciate the suggestion.

The trouble is I am unsure how to flash it in my current situation. I can't use TWRP since it won't accept my screen lock pin and I can't use fastboot since none of my 3 computers are able to detect the device.

Out of curiosity I checked to see if it could be seen using adb instead of fastboot. While in TWRP at the password prompt my device is listed as an attached device there (see attached picture).
    View attachment 5420325
    I'm not familiar enough with adb to know if its possible to flash recovery images with it. All of the tutorials I remember following used fastboot for flashing. I'm doing some research now to see if this could potentially be an avenue to save my phone.

If you or anyone else reading this knows better than I do, I would appreciate some feedback.
    It's strange that adb works fine but fastboot doesn't on the same machine. I'm assuming you have used fastboot before on the PC with the phone?

If adb devices gives you something, have you tried adb reboot bootloader command? (I don't know if it's bootloader or fastboot). TWRP reboot has option to reboot into bootloader mode, I don't know of you have tried that one?

If adb is there and if you don't care about data, maybe you can try adb sideload official OOS zip? If sideload works then it will replace OS and also recovery. You can factory reset from that recovery and get somewhere?
    Anyone got google pay working? Even though my device is not rooted and BL is locked, i cannot add any cards to google pay.
    Search this thread for exact instructions. To use Google Pay, you need to get SafetyNet to pass and sadly that will need use Magisk (yeah root) and use a fake fingerprint. I have not had any issues with Google Pay since moving to LOS 18.1
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 18.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: MindTheGapps
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree:
    - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel:
    - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * EAS is here to stay
    * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
    * More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * Fix USB file transfer
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
    * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
    * Detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
    Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
    It should be fixed in next weekly.