• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

mazo89

Dec 6, 2018
OnePlus 5T
No, you need Magisk and the Magisk Hide Props Config module to pass SafteyNet.

Although you can disable superuser (root) access from within Magisk once you have it setup to pass SafteyNet.

U sure? Even if it's not rooted it won't pass "basicIntegrity" to use GooglePay with NFC? I think I don't need to pass ctsProfile to use GooglePay. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
U sure? Even if it's not rooted it won't pass "basicIntegrity" to use GooglePay with NFC? I think I don't need to pass ctsProfile to use GooglePay. Correct me please if I'm wrong.
Some roms make modifications to pass safteynet without Magisk, LineageOS doesn't do this.

For Google Pay to work you need to spoof your device fingerprint to that of an official Android 11 rom. I'm using a fingerprint from the official Android 11 OnePlus 6T rom on my 5T. (The Magisk Hide Props Config module has a database of fingerprints you can choose from).

Google Pay will not work for me without doing this, however you are welcome to try for yourself. Without passing safteynet and having an official Android 11 fingerprint Google Pay will fail when adding a card, or making a payment if you already have a card setup.

Reactions: mazo89

mazo89

Dec 6, 2018
OnePlus 5T
Some roms make modifications to pass safteynet without Magisk, LineageOS doesn't do this.

For Google Pay to work you need to spoof your device fingerprint to that of an official Android 11 rom. I'm using a fingerprint from the official Android 11 OnePlus 6T rom on my 5T. (The Magisk Hide Props Config module has a database of fingerprints you can choose from).

Google Pay will not work for me without doing this, however you are welcome to try for yourself. Without passing safteynet and having an official Android 11 fingerprint Google Pay will fail when adding a card, or making a payment if you already have a card setup.
Thanks for the clarification. Now I understad everything. Thanks!

scruffy1

dunno if lineage is the problem, but google duo does not make a ring tone when i have incoming calls; it happily throws me a message immediately they hang up, which tells me i missed a call

just about to update to the 18.1 23 nov 3031 rom, but the last 2 (or 3?) all keep quiet for duo - the actual calls are great, as are outgoings initiated on the phone

any ideas ?

bemanet

Dec 6, 2009
Recently, the WLAN on the phone deactivates at night. Unfortunately, I have not found what I can do to prevent this. Where can I set this ?

Mar 2, 2017
Huge battery draw after charging. Any idea?
Reboot and vipe dalwik/cache twrp helping but only to next charging
Same here. This has been going on for some weeks now. Before that (September/October) the ROM was achieving more like 2.5 days of battery life.
It simply doesn't enter deep sleep (this is over night, ignore the updater as that is happening the last two minutes only):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-100500_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20211205-100500_Einstellungen.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 47

scruffy1

Same here. This has been going on for some weeks now. Before that (September/October) the ROM was achieving more like 2.5 days of battery life.
It simply doesn't enter deep sleep (this is over night, ignore the updater as that is happening the last two minutes only):
which rom on which device

my 5t (6/128gb) is well behaved on the latest (18.1 30 nov update)

maybe you have some random app that hates you

Mar 2, 2017
which rom on which device

my 5t (6/128gb) is well behaved on the latest (18.1 30 nov update)

maybe you have some random app that hates you
It's lineage_cheeseburger-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 10037187.

If it's an app preventing deep sleep I need a mechanism to detect which app is preventing deep sleep. Usually, the battery reporter would show me if an app uses a lot of battery but it just doesn't in this case.

Since other users seem affected (I've found two other users reporting this in this thread in the same time range I started to notice this), maybe it isn't just a random app.

Mar 2, 2017
doesn't explain why i'm not similarly affected though, huh?

although my device is a dumpling
Enabling the energy saving mode allows my device to enter deep sleep. Does that make it likely an app specific issue? How would I go about finding out which one is preventing deep sleep? I haven't installed any new apps when my device started draining battery (just updates, so that's more difficult to reconstruct).

Ssmiles

Nov 19, 2015
France
Last edited:

Chris57601

Dec 12, 2017
Hello guys,

Is someone has same problem with split screen ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-004828_Galerie.png
    Screenshot_20211209-004828_Galerie.png
    632.4 KB · Views: 46

diziet_sma

Feb 19, 2015
Today I rebooted into recovery but instead found myself in a fast boot loop, could only power off or get fastboot menu, i managed to reflash twrp 3.5.2_9.0 using fastboot from pc and now i can get into recovery, but the contents of /sdcard are a lot of wierdly named folders:
cheeseburger:/ # ls sdcard/
2HkwtsC8kSQA3pe0LlPspA 9YqEbihMy5FRu8yDZP1k5B Fv1Px9jslw+06iARBiRrlB Mp9GPbudSTC9o+SNug2tZA XY,aR,pPfmitPk53R,GWDA aYNWkkMV4GsBVD09ZLeipA e+rFsqA3RXAesW4wu8w,sD qf6JC45Wlb7+rUkWGswiJC
2y+WuEpoF37TuSyufFe,HB AB696CEuBUShOIpJivLr8C H2RFRFT5Ygei4z27vg1lvA NjJ9oA2tYzoDcjdy+tuvwD YKtUFgl2PUlFF,PA0+AAQA dE5sE,dl6sT2OEtYsGukbB fq4L5m2dZ2FrcoqugkJzUB zXw6pZc1bafEaAlHYzY4WA
3ZJoZA7WrLHf7iktdUXhOC EuHOHWxt,jhLEietoXeZvD HNJqI1rT39V6TRdd2u,nVA W1LYk7CsztHidpCjcLDH3A ZNUDOttOYzQ9bMoR4R,nED dxb1gPfxSvU+3nZaIpcmsC gkkbiVEqwZuDBbDlmU5pGC
cheeseburger:/ #

these look like encryption keys to me
the twrp log says:
updating partition details...
...done
enablefilecrypto_failed
full selinux support is present
mtp enabled

and that's it.
needless to say the phone won't reboot into system,
is there a way that i can at least get off my phone the user data using adb - which now show the device after reflashing the recovery

diziet

IXI Mo IXI

Sep 12, 2017
@skwirmy444 and i had similar issues.

I'm having a strange problem that I have never encountered before.

The only thing I did was reboot my phone to recovery using the advanced power menu. My intention was to take a backup in TWRP before updating lineage. I realized when TWRP loaded that I had forgotten to remove my screen lock, so I powered off the device so I could remove it. The problem is that my phone keeps booting back into TWRP. I can't do anything in TWRP because the data can't be decrypted due to the screen lock and I can't boot into Lineage because the phone goes straight to TWRP each time. I'm stuck.

I am able to boot into fastboot but I can't get any of my computers to see the device. I believe I disabled USB debugging at some point.

If anyone has any ideas that might help please let me know.

You can read about the topic from this post onwards: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-5-5t.4173997/post-85691119

Hopefully this solution works for you too.

frov

Dec 31, 2014
Tilburg
Google Nexus 10
Google Pixel C
@T1mb3 This soft reboot bug has also been reported for Dumpling: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3287

For me it makes using 18.1 virtually impossible and I downgraded to a home build version of 16.0.

So I guess what @binarious is referring to by linking to the jasmine_sprout issue is mikeng's fix for that specific tree.
Aha, NOW I understand: (why I have had all these soft reboots):
And I indeed have several apps restricted on mobile data.
I remember posting on this half a year back:

I have been suffering from this bug since a long time. And many many times, a lot.
To be honest, I have not been upgrading my 5T (daily driver) for a long time, since it also is needed for work and repeatedly enabling that is troublesome: still running on 18.1-20210504-NIGHTLY-dumpling... (sorry guys).

And I have 2 SIM cards inserted, with data: when I start walking the dog and switch from wifi to 4G, I ever so often get a soft reboot: it takes 5 lineageos startup moves and the 5T is back. Fast enough for being too annoying. Happened dozens of times for me. The issue comes in waves for me: some days, it is fine when switching and some days it just repeats rebooting every time. Maybe it is due to which SIM is selected for running data.

I was not in this forum for quite some time, and now started picking up again and ran into these posts. I am happy to see this reboot behavior is explained: I now wonder, is this issue solved in current 5T 18.1 ROM? Thanks for all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still getting battery drain.

Can other confirm it's fixed?
    I also experienced an abnormal battery drain with all builds after the 6th of December.
    Reverting to that build "fixes" it. If I were you I'd at least download a copy of it before it disappears from the official servers.

OT: I also noticed 2 more issues (these have been around for a while).
    1) the "state machine" behind the earpiece/loudspeaker toggle gets messy at times and after a call in which I go from, e.g. speaker to loudspeaker, I cannot go back to speaker and all subsequent calls only use the loudspeaker from then on. This affects also other apps (e.g. music player/newpipe only emitting audio through the earpiece).
    I only found 3 workarounds:
    i) use the phone dialer, start a call and quickly toggle the loudspeaker on/off before the tone goes off, and immediately terminate the call;
    ii) plug/unplug the audio jack;
    iii) reboot the phone.

2) this might very well be unrelated, but when I make a call using Signal while on 4G, very often (but not always!) the callee cannot hear me if I was the one to place the call (I can hear them OK). If they call me instead, there are no issues. Everything works when the call is started while using the WiFi.

I'm sharing the above 2 issues here in case anyone else has experienced them: if that's the case I can put together a proper bug report.
    Interested in this rom possibly. I couldn't find a clear answer searching through this thread, but does SMS with VoLTE work? Can encryption also be enabled?
    Yes encryption works out of the box as this is official LOS. I don't know if you can decrypt stuff afterwards and stuff like that as I never tried it (no performance reasons to do so).

About VOLTE, this is very sketchy corner of networking where there is no real standard implementation by carriers. For me VOLTE worked just fine (besides the issue on first call after reboot which has a workaround). VOLTE is going to be very much dependent on carrier that you are using but most of the major carriers should work just fine. I don't know what is SMS with VOLTE specifically but yeah I have sent SMS when my phone was connected to LTE if that is what you are looking for.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 18.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: MindTheGapps
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree:
    - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel:
    - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * EAS is here to stay
    * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
    * More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
    UPDATE:
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * Fix USB file transfer
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
    * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
    * Detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.