Search This thread

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
D

Deleted member 7280252

1. SafetyNet is likely never going to pass on Lineage without help of Magisk. Other roms merge in the "hacks" or workarounds natively but LineageOS has stricter rules about this. As a user you can work around this if this is very important to you.
2. Wi-Fi display (chromecast/miracast) are known issue on multiple devices including cheeseburger/dumpling. I have not seen anyone suggesting this this works now. But as maintainer replied to you, it is still disabled.

If you depend heavily on chromecast/miracast, maybe this is not the correct rom for now. I don't think any other Android 11 rom has figured out the chromecast issue or else we would have seen relevant patches on LineageOS.

If chromecast does not affect you, this is very very stable rom. I came from stock ROM couple of weeks ago and this is definitely daily driver for me.
It's the other cast, "Wifi display", that doesn't work.

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
Finally I decided to switch from 17.1 to 18.1.
It actually feels smoother.

But I noticed that the miracast doesn't work, do you?

thanks

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Timi, I have noticed some minor inconsistencies in some Lineage apps. I don't know if this is something you can take a look at or I need to file issue on gitlab (Let me know if I should open issue there). Some of these don't seem to be device specific issues.

1) Call recording is only enabled in certain countries, but I found it very confusing that option to select record audio in settings is not tied to if recording is even allowed in the first place.

2) In the dialer app, the dark theme is respected in the keypad while calling. But during call if you have to type something on the keypad it doesn't seem to follow the dark theme there.

3) I have enabled the option to double tap on status bar for locking the screen. Looks like that option causes double tap on entire notification shade to lock the screen.

4) Wi-Fi is declared Low Quality pretty aggressively and disconnected (switched to mobile data). This is usually not an issue but if I'm streaming something or have active SSH connections they get dropped.

5) I think this one was reported earlier by someone. But when I'm outside in bright daylight I have seen brightness suddenly drops from max even though nothing has changed around.

Last edited:

hck

Jun 5, 2008
Bluetooth headset old connections (made before 18.1) have "HD audio" option. New connections do not.

Last edited:

nikhilgauri09

Nov 13, 2012
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
Screenshot_20210422-184201_Settings.png

I am planning to move to official LOS 18 from my current custom rom, just wanted to know if this feature is available that helps cut down data access for apps?

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
OnePlus 9
I was looking all over the 5T section for this. Found it through 17.1 Unofficial>17.1 Official>18.1 Official.

Glad you guys are doing this work! I'm still on 16, but I'm really not in the mood for factory resetting everything and installing all my stuff again... Guess I'll need to bite the bullet one of these days.

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
  • Sad
Reactions: nikhilgauri09

Marsbar

Mar 31, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Google pay suddenly stopped working for contactless last week, couldn't work out why, until I added it manually to the list of magiskhide apps, at which point it works again. Not quite sure what changed, pretty sure I didn't have to do that before, but worth bearing in mind if it's not working for you.

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
Google pay suddenly stopped working for contactless last week, couldn't work out why, until I added it manually to the list of magiskhide apps, at which point it works again. Not quite sure what changed, pretty sure I didn't have to do that before, but worth bearing in mind if it's not working for you.
They did an update to Gpay, which effectively made it like two different apps.

Reactions: Marsbar

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
Yes. As Timi suggested, this is still work in progress. As I understand miracast is not something AOSP provides natively so it needs some extra work to get it working on all devices.
The second post mentions "wireless display", which I thought referred to Intel's "Intel Wireless Display" or "WiDi".
Also miracast doesn't work... Was funny and useful (in my case).
I hope it can be implemented asap.

ruszok

Jan 5, 2010
So for now recovery must be from LineageOS Team? Because TWRP not working at A11.
Second thing - everytime when I update LOS at 5T i must go to props and change fingerprint to OP5T and then safetynet pass. But there are only options for A7, A8, A9 and A10 - not for A11. So it is possible that phone do not pass safetynet?

And upgrade - it must be done by sideload at twrp? Also must be sideloaded GAPS?

daywalk3r666

So for now recovery must be from LineageOS Team? Because TWRP not working at A11.
twrp is working great with a11..only bug is if make a backup you must remove your screen protection

Second thing - everytime when I update LOS at 5T i must go to props and change fingerprint to OP5T and then safetynet pass. But there are only options for A7, A8, A9 and A10 - not for A11. So it is possible that phone do not pass safetynet?
use magisk hide props and select the last oos 10 fingerprint. only magisk canary build passed safetynet yet.stable and beta builds needs to wait for an update.

And upgrade - it must be done by sideload at twrp? Also must be sideloaded GAPS?
use the build-in updater and everything workings like a charm. or download and flash it manually

ruszok

Jan 5, 2010
Wow.

TWRP from codeworxx is ok for that? So bug is only if i try to recover backup? Or if I do it?
For 8T there is also TWRP?

So I must use magisk canary and lastest fingerprint for 5T. Understood.

For me works only upgrade from TWRP - from build-in updater I have only information that should reboot to recovery.

Top Liked Posts