[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread

paascal

Dec 24, 2014
seems like its not possible to have the oneplus cam app... is there one that can use the second camera lens, the 2x one? or is it i havent looked enough and theres a trick to it?

kk131

Sep 8, 2007
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus One
Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked, I searched and could not find a definitive answer.
As you all know for magisk 23 to install you need a ramdik image.
I read somewhere that you can not just use the ramdik.img that's in the root folder of lineage 18.1.

So how do you root lineage 18.1 with magisk 23?
Sorry for the basic question I might be missing something obvious.

Thank you in advance.
You can change the magisk file extension to zip and flash with TWRP, it's covered in the magisk Wiki.

Reactions: csoller

Scream275

Sep 8, 2012

csoller

Nov 16, 2008
Sorry for the repost, do you guys use magisk on lineage 18.1 with oneplus 5t?
Is it possible to install it via the recommended method?
Or I should just stop looking for a ramdisk.img and flash the apk in twrp as pre v22?

reblochkillah

Nov 15, 2014
Sorry for the repost, do you guys use magisk on lineage 18.1 with oneplus 5t?
Is it possible to install it via the recommended method?
Or I should just stop looking for a ramdisk.img and flash the apk in twrp as pre v22?
Yes I confirm you can use Magisk 23 with LineageOS 18.1 on the OP5T.
Just follow the official directives (I do it without TWRP, I have LOS recovery image installed, which is the default behavior when using LOS).

-> Install/update LineageOS on your device.
-> Download the zip file on your computer: https://download.lineageos.org/dumpling
Be careful to download the same build/version than the one you installed on your phone.
-> Extract boot.img from zip, copy it to your device.
-> Open Magisk app, select Install and then select flash boot.img (previously copied).
-> Copy the generated magisk_patched_xxx.img on your computer.
-> In a shell:
adb reboot bootloader (and then wait for the device to be in fastboot/bootloader mode)
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_xxx.img
-> Reboot device, now magisk should be active.

Repeat these steps after each OTA update. No need to uninstall Magisk before each update.

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Timi, I noticed in the latest build this was merged in
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common/+/312168 and thought AOD has been enabled on the devices. In the settings of ambient display I don't see the option to have ambient display always on though. Am I missing something or is it only working on dumpling and not cheeseburger?

I keep having this problem even with the latest release: the camera freezes for a few seconds after the first shot.

This doesn't bother me that much as I use GCam most of the times but I can reproduce this issue on latest build.

Last edited:

hassie.

May 18, 2021
UK
OnePlus 5T
Timi, I noticed in the latest build this was merged in
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common/+/312168 and thought AOD has been enabled on the devices. In the settings of ambient display I don't see the option to have ambient display always on though. Am I missing something or is it only working on dumpling and not cheeseburger?

This doesn't bother me that much as I use GCam most of the times but I can reproduce this issue on latest build.
Same issue here on 5T. Don't see an always on option as hinted by the AOD commit.

hassie.

May 18, 2021
UK
OnePlus 5T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-200954_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210616-200954_Settings.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 51

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Does nfc work for you guys? I can't seem to get it to read anything. It turns on but can't read anything (latest build).

edit: my bad. I had forgotten to install the nfc-antenna on my phone. Never used it before, so I was blessed with ignorance. :-D

Last edited:

humpty321

Jun 12, 2015
May I ask what the Aux_Mod changes/enables on a OnePlus 5/5T? On my 5T with the mentioned gcam and dotfix package the second camera is already usable (as a separate camera - I can choose between camera 1 and 2).
I had installed that module at the time when I installed the camera app (was on 17.1) and things worked ever since. That is why I wrote about my experience with them. Because you wrote that you don't need the module I unistalled it now and can confirm that the app can still use the second camera selectively. Obviously the module is not needed by the app on a OP5.

Reittis

Dec 20, 2014
I did a clean installation. There is currently no sim card in this phone. Does it affect? On the other hand, the WLAN hotspot starts up by sharing the phone's current WLAN connection because there is no card.
Problem solved. Because the phone was no sim card and therefore only 2.4 Ghz hotspot mode was available. I put in the sim card and immediately got to choose the 5 GHz frequency.

Top Liked Posts