[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread

joneszy

May 4, 2012
I don't really think the camera is amazing on OOS or Lineage, use one of the modded Gcams for better photos: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/configs-nikita-05/ video is fine on the Lineage camera.

You can pass safteynet fine with the Magisk Hide Props Config module installed, you want to spoof your device fingerprint to an official Android 11 fingerprint, such as the one from the Pixel 4a. You also need to hide Magisk Manager and hide Magisk from the Google Play services and any apps with safteynet checks.

No, you need to flash Magisk and use the above module in addition. Banking apps, Google Pay and games that make excessive use of safetynet such as Pokemon Go all work fine for me.

Not sure in regards to animations, Lineage is fine in my opinion, however i think if its a specific requirement you would have to judge for yourself.

Only the weekly nightly build, start with the latest build and see if you personally have any issues. I'm still on a really old build so should probably update soon, I generally leave everything a few months and update every couple of months as historically Magisk had to be re flashed with every update, I'm not sure if that's still the case however.

How do you spoof your device fingerprint exactly?

n3kf

Jul 13, 2015
Is anyone using two SIM card with this release? So does it work similarly to OOS? Thanks. Actually just started using it with a cheap second SIM which gives me a backup to my primary if needed. And sadly sometimes it is..... But it's passed time to move off OSS.

creyyyy

May 15, 2012
Is anyone using two SIM card with this release? So does it work similarly to OOS? Thanks. Actually just started using it with a cheap second SIM which gives me a backup to my primary if needed. And sadly sometimes it is..... But it's passed time to move off OSS.
I don't suppose you worked out any way to disable SIMs? I would be using dual SIM if that were possible.

D

Deleted member 7280252

This weeks build had a bug regarding proximity check on wake - the build has later been removed. If you upgraded without issues, don't disable proximity check on wake. Next update will be fine for everyone.

InsaneNutter

Jun 26, 2010
Yorkshire
How do you spoof your device fingerprint exactly?
Using the Magisk Hide Props Config module

Once the module is installed type "props" in a terminal emulator then you can follow the on screen options.

I created a more detailed guide here with the aim of getting Pokemon Go working: https://digiex.net/threads/play-pok...or-root-lineageos-16-android-pie-guide.15624/

You will however see screenshots of what to expect when editing the devices fingerprint. That was created back on LineageOS 16, however its all essentially the same now.

You might want to use the fingerprint of the Pixel 4a on Android 11, otherwise you will have issues with Google Pay.

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
Google Pixel 6
I am using 2 sim, 2nd sim slot is used for data connection, the issue I am facing is once I connect to WiFi the data connection is lost after disconnecting WiFi, I have to enable / disable flight mode to activate data from sim

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
OnePlus 7T
As far as I remember, this rom does not enable VoLTE by itself. I followed a guide that patches EFS Partition some time ago which worked well (I'm in Germany on O2).
Struggling currently with the same VoLTE matter on O2 Germany. I found some information (sorry, all German):
Did you follow these recommendations (any clue on a Linux version of the drivers) or was it some other guide?

nirbhk

May 15, 2015
Hi, Thanks for the continued support. Would the issue mentioned under #2 expected to be resolved in near future organically? Will this ROM be able to pass safety net without Magisk module in near future?

D

Deleted member 7280252

Hi, Thanks for the continued support. Would the issue mentioned under #2 expected to be resolved in near future organically? Will this ROM be able to pass safety net without Magisk module in near future?
There are plans for fixing WFD at platform level. I'm unable to tell wheter will be implemented on 18.1 but the changes are moving around in Gerrit.

Reactions: nirbhk

weiquata

Feb 13, 2009
I can't find any option to enable gesture navigation (or swipe navigation).

Initially, I thought it was the Gapps I installed does not support, then I re-flash latest ROM with either MindTheGapps or OpenGApps, still not able to find this option in Settings.

Does anyone have the same?

denisovich

Nov 9, 2020

Initially, I thought it was the Gapps I installed does not support, then I re-flash latest ROM with either MindTheGapps or OpenGApps, still not able to find this option in Settings.

I suggest you look under Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Gestures.

You could even use the Search feature in Settings next time you have a question like that.

weiquata

Feb 13, 2009

You could even use the Search feature in Settings next time you have a question like that.
Yes, I have done these before asking here.

The only option I have is to enable "on-screen nav bar" which is "3-button navigation", not the "gesture navigation" I wanted.
I attached the Settings screenshots.

by the way, the model I use is OnePlus 5 (not T variant).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-214600_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214600_Trebuchet.png
    101 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20210901-214616_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214616_Trebuchet.png
    120 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210901-214101_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214101_Trebuchet.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210901-214117_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214117_Trebuchet.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20210901-214133_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214133_Trebuchet.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20210901-214255_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210901-214255_Trebuchet.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7280252

Worth noting that on screen navigation needs to be enabled first.

Reactions: weiquata

Top Liked Posts