[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread

CharlesDicken

Oct 20, 2013
My phone doesn't seem going into doze mode. 1 hour of youtube video(red), put the phone on flight mode(purple), and finally on normal mode, wifi and telephony on, and left it there in idle(yellow).

Why doesn't phone go into doze mode, after like 5 hours, seems to be using battery non stop?

Screenshot_20210926-074625_Settings.png

Jun 27, 2010
I'm having a strange problem that I have never encountered before.

The only thing I did was reboot my phone to recovery using the advanced power menu. My intention was to take a backup in TWRP before updating lineage. I realized when TWRP loaded that I had forgotten to remove my screen lock, so I powered off the device so I could remove it. The problem is that my phone keeps booting back into TWRP. I can't do anything in TWRP because the data can't be decrypted due to the screen lock and I can't boot into Lineage because the phone goes straight to TWRP each time. I'm stuck.

I am able to boot into fastboot but I can't get any of my computers to see the device. I believe I disabled USB debugging at some point.

If anyone has any ideas that might help please let me know.

D

Deleted member 7280252

I'm having a strange problem that I have never encountered before.

The only thing I did was reboot my phone to recovery using the advanced power menu. My intention was to take a backup in TWRP before updating lineage. I realized when TWRP loaded that I had forgotten to remove my screen lock, so I powered off the device so I could remove it. The problem is that my phone keeps booting back into TWRP. I can't do anything in TWRP because the data can't be decrypted due to the screen lock and I can't boot into Lineage because the phone goes straight to TWRP each time. I'm stuck.

I am able to boot into fastboot but I can't get any of my computers to see the device. I believe I disabled USB debugging at some point.

If anyone has any ideas that might help please let me know.
Why don't you just type password in twrp? Or click cancel at that point and reboot.

Reactions: BadAtDevelopment
Jun 27, 2010
Why don't you just type password in twrp? Or click cancel at that point and reboot.
I tried both. This is why its such a strange issue for me. When I enter the password (its actually a numeric pin) it tells me "password failed, please try again!".

The only thing besides entering a password that TWRP is allowing me to do is select my language and switch to the console output view (I'm not sure if that's exactly the right descriptor).

The console output shows the following:

"Unable to decrypt with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data.
Updating partition details...
...done"

The only way to reboot is a hard reset by holding the power button. After that it just boots straight back into TWRP.

This is why I'm kinda stuck here. I've never come across this issue in all my years of modifying my phones. I've made the mistake in the past of forgetting to remove my screen lock pin before rebooting to recovery but usually a reboot from TWRP works as expected. This is the first time its gotten stuck where it only boots back into recovery.

The fact that I hadn't made any changes yet is what really really confuses me. I always take backups in TWRP before making any changes, including OTA updates to mitigate issues like this one. I genuinely didn't expect that a normal reboot would get stuck booting to recovery like this.

Its got me stumped enough that I went and bought the cheapest smart phone I could yesterday so that I could at least log into my various accounts (my 2FA is all tied in with my phone).

At this point I'm just hoping I can get in at some point to save my music and photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_102042363.jpg
    IMG_20210927_102042363.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20210927_102057097.jpg
    IMG_20210927_102057097.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

IXI Mo IXI

Sep 12, 2017
I had a similar issue. I was able to fix it by installing the LineageOS recovery. I think afterwards LineageOS booted again.

You might try this at your own risk, if there are no other ideas.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2010
I had similar issue. I was able to fix by installing the lineageos recovery. I think afterwards i was able to boot back into the system again.

You might try this at your own risk if there are no other ideas.
I appreciate the suggestion.

The trouble is I am unsure how to flash it in my current situation. I can't use TWRP since it won't accept my screen lock pin and I can't use fastboot since none of my 3 computers are able to detect the device.

Out of curiosity I checked to see if it could be seen using adb instead of fastboot. While in TWRP at the password prompt my device is listed as an attached device there (see attached picture).
firefox_dHDhXF2IVd.png

I'm not familiar enough with adb to know if its possible to flash recovery images with it. All of the tutorials I remember following used fastboot for flashing. I'm doing some research now to see if this could potentially be an avenue to save my phone.

If you or anyone else reading this knows better than I do, I would appreciate some feedback.

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I appreciate the suggestion.

The trouble is I am unsure how to flash it in my current situation. I can't use TWRP since it won't accept my screen lock pin and I can't use fastboot since none of my 3 computers are able to detect the device.

Out of curiosity I checked to see if it could be seen using adb instead of fastboot. While in TWRP at the password prompt my device is listed as an attached device there (see attached picture).
View attachment 5420325
I'm not familiar enough with adb to know if its possible to flash recovery images with it. All of the tutorials I remember following used fastboot for flashing. I'm doing some research now to see if this could potentially be an avenue to save my phone.

If you or anyone else reading this knows better than I do, I would appreciate some feedback.
It's strange that adb works fine but fastboot doesn't on the same machine. I'm assuming you have used fastboot before on the PC with the phone?

If adb devices gives you something, have you tried adb reboot bootloader command? (I don't know if it's bootloader or fastboot). TWRP reboot has option to reboot into bootloader mode, I don't know of you have tried that one?

If adb is there and if you don't care about data, maybe you can try adb sideload official OOS zip? If sideload works then it will replace OS and also recovery. You can factory reset from that recovery and get somewhere?

Jun 27, 2010
It's strange that adb works fine but fastboot doesn't on the same machine. I'm assuming you have used fastboot before on the PC with the phone?

If adb devices gives you something, have you tried adb reboot bootloader command? (I don't know if it's bootloader or fastboot). TWRP reboot has option to reboot into bootloader mode, I don't know of you have tried that one?

If adb is there and if you don't care about data, maybe you can try adb sideload official OOS zip? If sideload works then it will replace OS and also recovery. You can factory reset from that recovery and get somewhere?
That is correct, I have used fastboot successfully from this machine before. In regards to fastboot not seeing the device, I believe its because I disabled USB debugging at some point.

I did try running "adb reboot" earlier but it just returns me to TWRP again.

I tried "adb reboot bootloader" just now and it rebooted into fastboot. However, just like when I boot into fastboot by holding Power and Vol Up, my computer is unable to see the device when running "fastboot devices".

The only button TWRP shows me is the button to change my language. Other than that I have access to the keyboard for input and the 3 button navigation at the bottom. Both the Back and Home buttons don't do anything and the Recents button just switches the display to the console output I mentioned in an earlier post. I also posted pictures a couple posts up if you want to see exactly what I am seeing.

I was considering trying to use adb sideload as a last resort. I read that sideload required putting TWRP into sideload mode however. Since I can't get by the password input prompt, I don't know if the sideload command will work or not.

If I can't find another solution, I'll give it a shot anyway.

I figure its already a brick if I can't find a solution. Plus I do have an older backup of my music and photos so I'm not at a complete loss of data, its just the newer stuff. Best case scenario I still have a functional phone after, worst case I am in the same boat I'm in now.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Edit: rephrasing for clarification
Edit 2: Linked to older post for ease of reference.

Last edited:

scruffy1

ooh, ooh !!!

it may well be that windows has "fixed" the usb driver for you at some stage after your initial install on the oneplus, making it useless

have a look here :

reinstall the usb driver, as directed (more complex to get into advanced startup than quoted, but google for it)

my comment in that thread says it all:

the mystery of not getting it recognised in adb (but happily visible in debug mode) was doing my head in until i came across this thread

windoze tries so hard to save us from being free, that it is painful

even getting to the advanced startup screen is now more complicated than the posted intructions here, but thanks be to google for letting me get there in the end

a squillion thanks @Mbektic - you rock !

good luck; hope that helps

• Love
Jun 27, 2010
ooh, ooh !!!

it may well be that windows has "fixed" the usb driver for you at some stage after your initial install on the oneplus, making it useless

have a look here :

reinstall the usb driver, as directed (more complex to get into advanced startup than quoted, but google for it)

my comment in that thread says it all:

the mystery of not getting it recognised in adb (but happily visible in debug mode) was doing my head in until i came across this thread

windoze tries so hard to save us from being free, that it is painful

even getting to the advanced startup screen is now more complicated than the posted intructions here, but thanks be to google for letting me get there in the end

a squillion thanks @Mbektic - you rock !

good luck; hope that helps
YES!!! You are my hero! That totally worked! I was able to get my device recognized in fastboot. I coupled that with @IXI Mo IXI suggestion of flashing lineage recovery and I was able to successfully boot back into lineage.

Thank you guys so much for the help!

Reactions: IXI Mo IXI

scruffy1

a pox on windoze for its compulsion to "fix" drivers that were working until they interfered

i quite enjoy a lot of things windows allows me to accomplish, but breaking my hacked items is not one of them

it has successfully made work for me to continue using my "artificially made redundant" scanner, and also played tricks with my open source radio control being able to do as much as it's capable of achieving

ah well, guess it gives me some new tricks to learn...

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
@T1mb3 I'm suffering from this issue: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2514
Is this already included in the dumpling build?

Also I still have the issue that the camera roll doesn't show taken pictures for about one hour (they're in the DCIM folder though) I had since the unofficial build. Any ideas?

"/device jasmine_sprout" - no, it is not.

@T1mb3 This soft reboot bug has also been reported for Dumpling: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3287

For me it makes using 18.1 virtually impossible and I downgraded to a home build version of 16.0.

So I guess what @binarious is referring to by linking to the jasmine_sprout issue is mikeng's fix for that specific tree.

Reactions: binarious
Oct 17, 2018
Hi, guys! I have a little problem that is driving me nuts. Let's see if someone more knowledgeable than me can guess what may be the culprit.

I installed LOS 18.1 on my OP5T a couple of weeks ago, together with the "nano" package for Android 11 from Open GApps. Everything works well, but some Google apps just don't sync whenever the phone has been turned on for a while. So I'll add a new task in Google Tasks and a message that reads "Can't reach Tasks" will pop up on screen, or I will add a new entry on the web version of Google Calendar and it won't appear on the app. Even Google Photos won't load my pictures, not even the profile picture at the top-right. As soon as I reboot my phone, everything works flawlessly for a couple of hours just to go back to the aforementioned problem.

Now, to my lackluster troubleshooting: at first I thought that it may be something related to the Google services, so I searched for a system app called Google Services Framework and disabled any kind of battery optimization for it, but it didn't work. I have set my private DNS to "DNS.AdGuard.com", and I'm rooted and using AdAway. Tried disabling those two separately, as well as at the same time, and it didn't work either. The problem happens both on every WiFi network I've tested and on cellular data. I've thought about trying to dirty flash MindTheGApps or any other similar package sourced from somewhere else than Open GApps, but I don't know if they are compatible with one another, they don't seem to be.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7280252

@T1mb3 This soft reboot bug has also been reported for Dumpling: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3287

For me it makes using 18.1 virtually impossible and I downgraded to a home build version of 16.0.

So I guess what @binarious is referring to by linking to the jasmine_sprout issue is mikeng's fix for that specific tree.
I checked, same fix is no-op, (it was basically a false revert of a upstream commit, fix was reverting the reverted upstream revert).
I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but I will look around if I'd be able to find something.

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
I couldn't reproduce the issue myself, but I will look around if I'd be able to find something.
@T1mb3 Thanks for your efforts, very much appreciated! One more question though: Are you and Georg even monitoring the issue tracker over at GitHub? I'm just asking, cause none of the open issues for Dumpling are getting commented by or assigned to a dev. Is it the best option to always report here in the forum?

Top Liked Posts