[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 7280252

@T1mb3 Thanks for your efforts, very much appreciated! One more question though: Are you and Georg even monitoring the issue tracker over at GitHub? I'm just asking, cause none of the open issues for Dumpling are getting commented by or assigned to a dev. Is it the best option to always report here in the forum?
I can only speak for myself, but I do check it periodically. Reason there's multiple open ones is that it's very difficult to fix issues that aren't reproducible on my devices (because I can't test the possible fix).

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Anyone got google pay working? Even though my device is not rooted and BL is locked, i cannot add any cards to google pay.
Search this thread for exact instructions. To use Google Pay, you need to get SafetyNet to pass and sadly that will need use Magisk (yeah root) and use a fake fingerprint. I have not had any issues with Google Pay since moving to LOS 18.1

Reactions: rillrill

giddie

Apr 20, 2012
Birmingham
Did anyone ever find a fix for the issue of touch events sometimes not registering? I remember plenty of people reporting it when 18.1 first came out, and it still happens for me. It seems to mainly affect the home app. I use Nova, but there were no problems in 16.1, which I ran for a long time. I think the touch misses started with LOS 17, which I used only briefly before 18.1 came out.

indiandragon

Mar 13, 2012
Did anyone ever find a fix for the issue of touch events sometimes not registering? I remember plenty of people reporting it when 18.1 first came out, and it still happens for me. It seems to mainly affect the home app. I use Nova, but there were no problems in 16.1, which I ran for a long time. I think the touch misses started with LOS 17, which I used only briefly before 18.1 came out.
5 or 5t?

scruffy1

and this morning, the battery is so depleted it won't turn on - had ~ 30% at bed time and no open apps, but on switching it on there was the lightning icon and zero residual; the circle of charging is still hard at work well over half an hour later which i presume means the battery is really empty - it still won't turn on yet

that's a new experience for me - why the rudely rapid drain ?

it's a bit of a worry as this is my alarm clock on the days i work - but not if it's not charged

is the 2nd latest version of los (i think, i can't read it on the phone) :(

edit : forced reboot shows 80% battery after ~ 1hr on charge... no idea why this all occurred, but will report back if it recurs

meanwhile, updated to the latest nightly 20211012, so watch this space !

Last edited:

KatayHan

May 20, 2017
This rom's dialer has call recording feature but you have to manually start recording every time you have a call.

Is there a way to automate it so it automatically starts recording whenever a call starts?

Zittou

Sep 10, 2015
Hi, I'd like to use this rom with oxygenos stock apps. What changes needed to be made in build.prop to make them available on play store?

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
@T1mb3 :
Hi

I've always had a problem with the camera app with this rom: on the first shot the app freezes for a few seconds and then runs smoothly.
The problem occurs with both the stock app and other apps.

I've done many tests and hard resets but... I always get the same results.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
@T1mb3 :
Hi

I've always had a problem with the camera app with this rom: on the first shot the app freezes for a few seconds and then runs smoothly.

Thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/oi4g7t
many other users have the same problem on other devices... how could this bug be fixed?

thanks

D

Deleted member 7280252

@T1mb3 :
Hi

Thanks
I have understood that it's a bug in the cameral blobs provided by vendor, so nothing to do about it.

Reactions: HoaXxX

scruffy1

on the latest iteration of 18.1 (20211026) and the previous iteration, i don't get any ring tone for duo calls, although the messaging function makes the default notification sound for that ap

i can't see anything set to silence it, and normal calls ring with the selected ring tone

the actual calls work fine; being aware of them incoming is problematic

is this the same for others, or do i need to allow the ring tone fro duo somehow that i haven't (con)figured ?

thanks for any clarification

mazo89

Dec 6, 2018
OnePlus 5T
Hello,

I'd like to use custom ROM for the first time on my OP5T. Can some good soul tell me if LOS 18.1 meet my requirements?

I hope I don't have exaggerated needs:

- functional Google Pay and NFC (I've never used Magisk to fix SaftyNet and I don't know if it's easy to set up without troubles)
- same photos quality or better than stock ROM - is there a stable GCam build for LOS 18.1 that doesn't crash all the time?
- battery life close to stock ROM or better,
- high security - is it possible that with unlocked ROM and root (for Magisk), someone steal my data by accessing TWRP? I mean without knowing my phone's passcode/password? In general is it easier to hack phone's data with unlocked bootloader and LOS 18.1 installed on it?

Thanks,
Maciej

scruffy1

i'm using the latest version at 18.1 and the camera is faultless wrt function - i have the stock camera that comes with lineage, and also procam (which i prefer) and open camera; there is no issue with any of them in my experience, noting i have the 8gb ram model of 5T in case that has some influence on reliability

battery life predicted on light use is ~ 4 days; standard work day with lots of calls uses under 50% but i am not a constant browse /text / game user, so ymmv

how that compares to stiock i can't say; my phone was brand new old stock, and i jailbroke it within a few days of receiving it, as i prefer lineage to any other flavour and have done for over half a decade now i think

nfc and google pay aren't on my agenda, so sorry, no info there

you can password lock twrp, but my paranoia (and poor memory) makes it easier to leave it as is and concentrate on not losing my phone - there's nothing on it that would be useful really, as i don't use mobile devices for anything critical like fund transfer / banking

hope that helps

beware that you will need to fiddle with windows to get the bootloader to work for fastboot to perform the initial jailbreak:

antrea

Sep 22, 2011
I have understood that it's a bug in the cameral blobs provided by vendor, so nothing to do about it.

i'm using the latest version at 18.1 and the camera is faultless wrt function - i have the stock camera that comes with lineage, and also procam (which i prefer) and open camera; there is no issue with any of them in my experience, noting i have the 8gb ram model of 5T in case that has some influence on reliability

battery life predicted on light use is ~ 4 days; standard work day with lots of calls uses under 50% but i am not a constant browse /text / game user, so ymmv

how that compares to stiock i can't say; my phone was brand new old stock, and i jailbroke it within a few days of receiving it, as i prefer lineage to any other flavour and have done for over half a decade now i think

nfc and google pay aren't on my agenda, so sorry, no info there

you can password lock twrp, but my paranoia (and poor memory) makes it easier to leave it as is and concentrate on not losing my phone - there's nothing on it that would be useful really, as i don't use mobile devices for anything critical like fund transfer / banking

hope that helps

beware that you will need to fiddle with windows to get the bootloader to work for fastboot to perform the initial jailbreak:

this is the problem i have with the camera
it's really unbearable:

Top Liked Posts