• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11.0] RevengeOS 4.0 [BETA] | Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)

Search This thread

OdSazib

Oct 25, 2013
Dhaka
facebook.com
Revenge OS 4.0 [R] Update | Android 11
Updated: 31/09/'20

Dwonload
Support

Changelog:
• Kernel updated to 4.4.241
• Fixed hotspot and WFD
• Enabled Aux lense for Gcam

Notes:
• TWRP and GAPPS included
• SELinux Permissive (you can still switch to enforcing from device settings)
• CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY, Flashing guide on the OP

tagofom405

Aug 3, 2020
I've found a bug related to audio (bluetooth)

When you change app (i.e. from a music player to youtube) video starts but it doesn't sound (to fix this you must open notification panel and switch to phone speaker and switch back to bluetooth headphones)

i.ibb.co/WVSmFpw/Screenshot-20201111-142540-Black-Player-EX.png
i.ibb.co/QJQ5z5K/Screenshot-20201111-142545-Configuraci-n.png

Last edited:

Sbf93

Apr 17, 2018
I use the latest release of this rom from revengeos.com (15/11/2020) for a few days now and am very satisfied. It is clean and very stable.

The only issues I encountered so far:

The default clock app does not wake the display when an alarm or timer rings. I have to manually wake the phone to stop or snooze the alarm from the notification.

Bluetooth audio makes me some trouble. My workflow:
I start a playlist on the Amazon Music app with no bluetooth device connected and pause it.
I enter my car and the phone autmatically connects to the radio. I see the correct information of the current track on my radio-screen.
When I press play on the radio or the phone it does not work. The play-button in the app just becomes a loading circle but nothing else happens.
When I completely close the app and restart it with the radio already connected to the phone, the music plays without issues.

VoLTE does not work for me (Telekom Germany) and VoWiFi is not available at all in the settings. Well, these features did not work on any other rom I tested too, so I dont really expect a fix for this.

I would be very thankful, if the first two issues will be fixed in a future release.

Edit:
can any of you use whatsapp web? with me the qr-code cannot be scanned, nothing happens.
Works fine for me.

Last edited:

ferchotin

Dec 4, 2013
Hi , I'm in Miui 12 port. My baseband firmware is 660_GEN_PACK-1.237796.3.241702.2.
Can I flash Revenge? Do I need to update baseband firmware? If so , how? And where can I find it?
Thanks in advanced

OdSazib

Oct 25, 2013
Dhaka
facebook.com
Hi guys, we're posting this message today to talk about RevengeOS, yeah you already know that project so why are we talking about that?

Its because I wanna talk about the developers of our project.

There are just 3 developers that hard worked everyday for you, with optimization, exclusive UI, volume panel, etc. They want to make this project more and more exclusive, they want to improve everything. And lastly, they want that their users be happy while using it. But there is a problem, 3 developers can't do much. So, I'm here to ask if you - if you're a developer, and if you want to join us, we have the following requirements:

- Knowledge on Android and Java

- Desire to innovate together the project

- Be mad

Email: [email protected]

https://telegra.ph/We-need-developers-11-19

Vijithsparker

Oct 27, 2020
Some Bugs are seen!!

The rom of xiaomi mi a2 (Revenge OS),
1. We cannot abled to remove camera shutter sound
2.Clock animation named "Bubble" is not working!

Please fix them!!

hunter_sephiroth

Dec 27, 2008
Bubbles Feature

Hi guys,

I switched to this ROM since I wanted to try out a couple of new features of Android 11.
However the Bubble feature is not working for me, despite being active in the settings.
Anyone else got this issue as well? Would really like to us this.

Edit: Never mind :). Didn't know you had to activate it in the specific app notification menu as well.

Last edited:

QmoTim

Sep 7, 2018
Realme X50 5G
This ROM is amazing !! Shout out to the developers.
It's smooth compared to the previous ROM I used which became slow and slow after months of using.
UI looks good, though sometimes lag a bit (maybe it's because of my hardware)

But I would like to see more customisation, such as internet meter and status bar options.

Rubenssm

Dec 18, 2020
Can't install this one, due to being unable to boot using TWRP 3.4, which gets stuck in the splash screen.

Using TWRP 3.3 is unsuccessful.

Can anybody please give me some light?

Rubenssm

Dec 18, 2020
After 2 days, I managed to install the OS.

Jesus, maybe it's me, but every little step fails during the way.

It was supposed to:
- Fastboot into TWRP and install TWRP.
- Install the custom rom.

What actually happened:
- Fastboot into TWRP 3.4 didn't work. Had to boot into TWRP 3.3 first.
- TWRP 3.4 install also didn't work. Actually it did work eventually, but it never says it did. It always shows failure messages, even though it was successful.
- The custom rom install also failed many times and for many reasons. And again, TWRP would always show failure messages, even though it was successful.
- It seems that adb sideload works better than TWRP direct install.

The rom is great, though. I'll report any bug if I see one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Hi guys, we're posting this message today to talk about RevengeOS, yeah you already know that project so why are we talking about that?

Its because I wanna talk about the developers of our project.

There are just 3 developers that hard worked everyday for you, with optimization, exclusive UI, volume panel, etc. They want to make this project more and more exclusive, they want to improve everything. And lastly, they want that their users be happy while using it. But there is a problem, 3 developers can't do much. So, I'm here to ask if you - if you're a developer, and if you want to join us, we have the following requirements:

- Knowledge on Android and Java

- Desire to innovate together the project

- Be mad

Email: [email protected]

https://telegra.ph/We-need-developers-11-19

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at RevengeOS GitHub.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us

Disclaimer: While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in Telegram Group

Bugs -:
    SELinux Permissive (you can still switch to enforcing from device settings)

Download the ROM

Flashing Guide (use twrp3.4)
    • Boot to twrp
    • Wipe all except internal
    • Flash rom
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash magisk (optional)
    • Reboot

Device: Xiaomi Mi A2
    Device Codename: jasmine_sprout
    Maintainer: OdSazib

Source Code:
    Kernel: HALCYON-KERNEL
    jasmine_sprout: jasmine_sprout
    sdm660-common: sdm660-common
    vendor_wayne-common: wayne-common vendor
    vendor: sdm660-common vendor

Like my Work? Hit like button

XDA:DevDB Information
    RevengeOS 4.0 [R] for Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)

Contributors
    OdSazib, kenny3fcb, rcstar6696
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 660_GEN_PACK-1.290939.XXXXXXXXX
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-09-28
    Last Updated 2020-10-31
    Revenge OS 4.0 [R] Update | Android 11
    Updated: 31/09/'20

Download
    Support

Changelog:
    • Kernel updated to 4.4.241
    • Fixed hotspot and WFD
    • Enabled Aux lense for Gcam

Notes:
    • TWRP and GAPPS included
    • SELinux Permissive (you can still switch to enforcing from device settings)
    • CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY, Flashing guide on the OP