[11.03.19][Fix] [S8/S8+] Pie I Oreo ROOT + OEM Fix + Busybox + EFS Backup

Search This thread

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Is it necessary to use an external sd card to flash the root.zip after a full wipe, or can I transfer the zip file to the phone from my pc after TWRP is installed and then install the root.zip??

No you don't necessarily need an Sdcard.
After the Formating Data stage you can transfer files from PC to the phones internal storage.
While it should be on by default check that MTP is turned on in TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: ems328i

ImpulZ999

Aug 23, 2020
Hello, is it normal that i have a red chat bubble in the bottom left corner ? I cant Screenshot it, its always there even if im in the recovery.. pls Help :)

Veetz84

Aug 31, 2018
Does this work for version SM-G950W ? CANADIAN VERSION? I'm still learning how to root and unfortunately don't have a backup phone to use so don't want to brick it.. any info is appreciated. You guys are all so informative and know so much. Hopefully I can get to that point one day.

ROOT(Magisk) + OEM Fix + Busybox + EFS Backup

Pie

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option
3.Download and copy Pie_G955F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip to Ext SD card
4.Download TWRP for S8 from official page https://twrp.me
5.Switch Off device
6.Press Vol down + Bixby + Power to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
7Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
8.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
9.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
10.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
11.Select to allow modification
12.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
13.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - Pie_G955F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip, you have copied earlier
15.Once Magisk flash successfully, Reboot to System

Important Note for Pie - There will be OEM unlock option there in developer setting but it will be disabled and can not enabled, this is because of it is hacked. Just ignore it. You can not boot device with TWRP if it is really disabled. Also If magisk app may not appear then simply download Magisk_for_Pie.apk from below attachement and install as regular app.

Oreo

PS : This guide is for Oreo and will be updated for Pie, when Pie will be out officially.

This is for Stock ROM/Kernel only If you have custom kernel, read below.

Here is guide and tool to Root S8/S8+ + Busybox + OEM Fix + Data mount fix

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (Currently no workaround for those who doesn't have this option)
3.Download and copy G955FD_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip to Ext SD card
4.Download TWRP latest TWRP (Edit : Latest TWRP is already fixed for data mount error, so you won't require to select data mount fix in aroma)
5.Switch Off device
6.Press Vol down + Bixby + Power to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
7.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
10.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
12.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
13.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - G955FD_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip, you have copied earlier, select desired option (You must select Root option if you are on stock kernel/ROM else device won't boot) and select 'OEM Patch' option if your device have OEM issue. If you are not sure about this then better select 'OEM Patch', this will prevent losing OEM unlock option and so prevent 'custom binary error'
15.Once flash successfully finish, Reboot to System
Magisk app may appear in drawer after one reboot.

Open settings - Developer option - Look for OEM Unlock option. If it is there, it is safe to reboot device.

For custom Kernel, you need to flash modified recovery that doesn't require data mount fix

YOU MUST BACKUP EFS AS SOON AS ROOT DEVICE, and copy it to safer place,

EFS Backup Tool

As soon as you root device, you must make backup of EFS and must store a copy of backup to safer place like on cloud and on a PC

XDA version - Free version, complimentary tools for XDA users.
Play Store version - You can buy from Play store to support us.

Both version make same form of backup and have no difference, Paid version have additional function to make Auto Backup when you change the ROM

Credits : @Chainfire @topjohnwu @jesec @BlackMesa123 for OEM fix@osm0sis and some International forum discussion for original idea

passionicon

Jun 5, 2013
los angeles
Hi guys, pls I need help. I have a boot loader v5,January 2019 update, android pie,unlocked (at&t) s8 g950u.

This method doesn't work for me. Odin won't flash twrp. I don't have the allow OEM unlock option in developer settings. I have tried a lot and done so many back and forth. Pls I need help getting root.
Why is Odin not flashing my twrp at all. Any suggestions pls?

User_99

Jul 3, 2009
Think you need a solution for your Snapdragon device.
Here only for Exynos...

That's the reason for your problem...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOT(Magisk) + OEM Fix + Busybox + EFS Backup

Pie

2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option
    3.Download and copy Pie_G955F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip to Ext SD card
    4.Download TWRP for S8 from official page https://twrp.me
    5.Switch Off device
    7Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
    14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - Pie_G955F_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip, you have copied earlier
    15.Once Magisk flash successfully, Reboot to System

Important Note for Pie - There will be OEM unlock option there in developer setting but it will be disabled and can not enabled, this is because of it is hacked. Just ignore it. You can not boot device with TWRP if it is really disabled. Also If magisk app may not appear then simply download Magisk_for_Pie.apk from below attachement and install as regular app.

Oreo

PS : This guide is for Oreo and will be updated for Pie, when Pie will be out officially.

This is for Stock ROM/Kernel only If you have custom kernel, read below.

Here is guide and tool to Root S8/S8+ + Busybox + OEM Fix + Data mount fix

2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (Currently no workaround for those who doesn't have this option)
    3.Download and copy G955FD_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip to Ext SD card
    4.Download TWRP latest TWRP (Edit : Latest TWRP is already fixed for data mount error, so you won't require to select data mount fix in aroma)
    5.Switch Off device
    7.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
    14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - G955FD_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V*.zip, you have copied earlier, select desired option (You must select Root option if you are on stock kernel/ROM else device won't boot) and select 'OEM Patch' option if your device have OEM issue. If you are not sure about this then better select 'OEM Patch', this will prevent losing OEM unlock option and so prevent 'custom binary error'
    15.Once flash successfully finish, Reboot to System
    Magisk app may appear in drawer after one reboot.

Open settings - Developer option - Look for OEM Unlock option. If it is there, it is safe to reboot device.

For custom Kernel, you need to flash modified recovery that doesn't require data mount fix

YOU MUST BACKUP EFS AS SOON AS ROOT DEVICE, and copy it to safer place,

EFS Backup Tool

As soon as you root device, you must make backup of EFS and must store a copy of backup to safer place like on cloud and on a PC

XDA version - Free version, complimentary tools for XDA users.
    Play Store version - You can buy from Play store to support us.

Both version make same form of backup and have no difference, Paid version have additional function to make Auto Backup when you change the ROM

Credits : @Chainfire @topjohnwu @jesec @BlackMesa123 for OEM fix@osm0sis and some International forum discussion for original idea
    Hello guys
    As I said earlier, my daughter have bought S8+ so I got opportunity to have hands on S8+
    I have just now Rooted S8+ and before this I have made a small Tool to Root device which Install magisk + Busybox (optional) + Fix OEM + Mount fix all in one go. Indeed I have rooted with that tool only.
    I will update OP tomorrow and share the tool here
    Anyone interested to have a custom ROM similar to my Note8 ROM (S9+ Port) then I am planning for same for S8+
    Guide for Root S8

@Osamabinatiq , @jerryspring

1. Flash latest firmware (CSC file, not HOME_CSC)
    2. Set Date to 1 September 2018
    3. check Update manually (click only once, even if it takes time not click again)
    Reboot
    4. Set Date to today
    5. repeat step 3
    6. Enable DEVELOPER OPTIONS (If the OEM option does not appear Disable DEVELOPER OPTIONS and reboot, repeat all the steps again (from step 2), but if it does not appear in the 3rd attempt you are unlucky )
    7. Enable OEM unlock and can reboot the device in download mode
    8. Flash TWRP, and boot Recovery mode
    9. Boot into TWRP and swipe Allow modifications
    10. Go into Wipe menu and select Format data
    11. Flash RMM-State_Bypass.zip
    12. Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
    13. Flash Magisk
    14. Flash samsung-antiroot-removal-4.1.zip
    Reboot
    15. Enable DEVELOPER OPTIONS (if OEM unlock found - rooted successful - it's safe to restart)

@teamwin
    @topjohnwu
    @corsicanu
    @BlackMesa123
    If you can, just point me a link to it so at least i can add to OP, Indeed no point of keeping this thread live.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76938913&postcount=644

Only for Exynos S8/S8+
    I have downloaded official Pie and also made a ROM. Soon I will update OP for Root on Pie.