[11/09] Everything EI22 and OTA today!

Search This thread

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Hm

It seems it's just me, I had toadlife's Stable EH17 cwm build that was derived from Deca's CWM. My issue is that it's hanging at nubecoder's goofy bootup of that candycorn. lol. Previous to installing the cwm flashable, I wiped cache, dalvik x3 and wiped data. Not sure what the culprit is here.

Steps I'm currently taking to fix this:

I'm flashing Deca's CWM Flashable, then flashing EI22 on top of that.

Update: Just my luck, stuck at Samsung Boot Logo. >_>

Last edited:

quick99si

Dec 3, 2007
Chicago
TB can freeze/uninstall the bloatware, doing it in "Manage Applications" won't work and it didn't work before either.

quick99si

Dec 3, 2007
Chicago
It seems it's just me, I had toadlife's Stable EH17 cwm build that was derived from Deca's CWM. My issue is that it's hanging at nubecoder's goofy bootup of that candycorn. lol. Previous to installing the cwm flashable, I wiped cache, dalvik x3 and wiped data. Not sure what the culprit is here.

Steps I'm currently taking to fix this:

I'm flashing Deca's CWM Flashable, then flashing EI22 on top of that.

Update: Just my luck, stuck at Samsung Boot Logo. >_>

RFS / EXT4?

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
I'm running ei22 great with nubernals eh17 and the eh17 modem. I also converted to ext4 this thing is a flying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Thanks for the reply Acer

RFS of course, don't want to offend anyone, but I'd hate to be stuck with EXT4 as an only option.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I'm running ei22 great with nubernals eh17 and the eh17 modem. I also converted to ext4 this thing is a flying.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I thought Crimson, Drockstar, and some other user were the only ones on EI22 modem, did you get it on a refurb phone too??

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
RFS of course, don't want to offend anyone, but I'd hate to be stuck with EXT4 as an only option.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I thought Crimson, Drockstar, and some other user were the only ones on EI22 modem, did you get it on a refurb phone too??

He said EH17 modem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

livetoride36

Sep 18, 2010
for everyone who flashed this but didnt have date, doesnt use the flashable zip, instead go over the the gingerbeard ei22 system dump page in the development tap, from there follow the steps in the first post, i just did it and now i have ei22 with data and wifi

chrisott9628

Jan 2, 2011
TB can freeze/uninstall the bloatware, doing it in "Manage Applications" won't work and it didn't work before either.

Well I just uninstalled NFL, NASCAR, SprintID, Sprint TV Widget, Tutorial Widgets and few others without using TB so I can confirm it does indeed work on EI22.

Edit: I originally typed "unable" instead of "able" oops!

Last edited:

secorrales

May 5, 2010
Texas
Eveything seems to be working fine, except data for me. I'll try reflashing in a while to see what happens.

Thanks to everyone who's put work into this.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I'm on RFS on both, but you could convert to EXT4 since EI22 has nubernel.

As for the EH17 mods, I wouldn't really know.

Had a rough time getting this on xBTx. Kept getting stuck at the candy corn. Finally bit the bullet and converted to RFS first an then it went on, then converted back to EXT4 and restored data from advanced restore. Everything worked great. Tried the hotspot hack and also the crt and circle battery mod and phone wouldn't boot again. I am thinking it was the Hotspot hack that killed it. But great work. You need 5 more posts to host this in Development. So spread your news in the EI22 threads.
My data and wifi worked fine.

Last edited:

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Had a rough time getting this on xBTx. Kept getting stuck at the candy corn. Finally bit the bullet and converted to RFS first an then it went on, then converted back to EXT4 and restored data from advanced restore. Everything worked great. Tried the hotspot hack and also the crt and circle battery mod and phone wouldn't boot again. I am thinking it was the Hotspot hack that killed it. But great work. You need 5 more posts to host this in Development. So spread your news in the EI22 threads.
My data and wifi worked fine.

Well I didn't really change anything that would have fixed wifi/data. I was in the process of deodexing when marcusant took the download down because of it. I was like, "Damn it... oh well, I'm doing it anyways." Lol

I just never had a problem with data/wifi, and apparently a bunch of other people didn't either.

Reactions: travmofosho

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
Works great for me too! great work xBTx.
I must say that i have never been so happy running a stock rom lol

I've actually been running stock EH17 since nubernel came out. Too many little things bothered me with CM7 unfortunately, and I could never get MIUI to boot for whatever reason. Now I'm running EI22. Gotta love the stability.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
@SpenceSouth Run RFS2EXT4 zip found in the CWM 3.1.0.1 thread in Development then flash Nubernel kernel right after.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts