• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [11.10.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.0 Beta I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
It has absolutely nothing to do with dual sim. It's a permanent bug on the newest beta 4. I did a clean install and I have one sim card, and mine does same thing.
There might be some trigger, I never has this issue. I have read somewhere one user have removed second sim and it was fixed, I don't have this bug so can't do more.

sezbad

Sep 12, 2007
I keep getting 'warning - camera failed' and then the camera app closes.
No problem using the Camera Zoom FX premium app to take pics, but I miss the native app and it's features and UI.

Safe mode allows the cam to work just fine but normal boot doesn't.
On A12_B2 with Magisk installed and SafetyNet passing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-140207_Camera_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-140207_Camera_1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 57

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I keep getting 'warning - camera failed' and then the camera app closes.
No problem using the Camera Zoom FX premium app to take pics, but I miss the native app and it's features and UI.

Safe mode allows the cam to work just fine but normal boot doesn't.
On A12_B2 with Magisk installed and SafetyNet passing.
Have you tried to force stop, clear cache etc and see what happens?

• Wow
Reactions: spjetrovic

sezbad

Sep 12, 2007
Follow the installation guide, you might have skipped something
I'll just wait for your next release. Hopefully that will shake loose whatever this is.
It won't get fix if you repeat same mistake. It seems You have skipped AP file in bootloader part
Narrowed down the issue to 'Pixel (Sailfish) Prop' Magisk module. Just don't know why it is breaking the Camera app. Disabling the addon allows the camera to work fine.

Wad12355

Nov 5, 2012
Sjz
Sorry guys, Samsung Health keeps crashing when started (Samsung store or GP), tried to clear the cash no luck... just keeps crashing I couldn't even set up it. Tried to delete Sam account still the same. A12 SB2, everything else works well. Starting Sam Health... in a few seconds it freezes and phone reboots itself.

founchki

Oct 27, 2015
Google Pixel
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Sorry guys, Samsung Health keeps crashing when started (Samsung store or GP), tried to clear the cash no luck... just keeps crashing I couldn't even set up it. Tried to delete Sam account still the same. A12 SB2, everything else works well. Starting Sam Health... in a few seconds it freezes and phone reboots itself.
Happens to me as well, it's ever since they updated the app recently, not sure if it's to do with the custom rom or a12

I've tried hiding it with magisk hide and still crashes/soft reboots

Reactions: Wad12355

Alexio34

Sep 15, 2021
Hi, it is me again, I requested the apk “premium tools” but I haven’t got anything at least for now, is there something wrong? I don’t know how to fix this.

Top Liked Posts

Beta 3 seems overall much smoother and optimized.

Screenshot_20211022-224717_Settings.jpg
    Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    ChangeLog SB3 (OneUI 4.0 base)

• Based on G998BXXU3ZUJ1 (Official Beta2) Android12 Oct 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : SafetyNet fix again Pre-fixed, You just requires to apply Essential Fix from ROM Tool and reboot device. Also make sure Magisk Hide is enabled in case safetynet fails. DON'T install every f* patch including Hide.Props, Nothing is required other than said above. I am not going to entertain any question regarding safetynet, simply follow what did said, that's it.
    • GoodLock some modules yet to update for A12
    • Virtual key mode in ROM control won't work
    • All features of previous ROM will remain as it is except said above. For more details read below ROM features.
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.
    • There is special Instruction to flash A12 beta in ROM zip, Must read it
    • Clean Install is recommended always.

TweaksPro version requires 2.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

-
    Testing SB3 now (Based on Official beta2 UJ1), NO ETA Though, Changelog will be soon.

Screenshot_20211010-201336_Settings.jpg
    Beta 3 seems overall much smoother and optimized.

Screenshot_20211022-224717_Settings.jpg
    S21ultra have probably too much padding on status bar
    Here above raw is stock below is modified, I think modified one is better and should replace by default?

Screenshot_20211005-154818_One UI Home.jpg Screenshot_20211005-154823_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20211005-154631_One UI Home.jpg Screenshot_20211005-154641_One UI Home.jpg
    G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    ChangeLog SB3 (OneUI 4.0 base)

• Based on G998BXXU3ZUJ1 (Official Beta2) Android12 Oct 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : SafetyNet fix again Pre-fixed, You just requires to apply Essential Fix from ROM Tool and reboot device. Also make sure Magisk Hide is enabled in case safetynet fails. DON'T install every f* patch including Hide.Props, Nothing is required other than said above. I am not going to entertain any question regarding safetynet, simply follow what did said, that's it.
    • GoodLock some modules yet to update for A12
    • Virtual key mode in ROM control won't work
    • All features of previous ROM will remain as it is except said above. For more details read below ROM features.
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.
    • There is special Instruction to flash A12 beta in ROM zip, Must read it
    • Clean Install is recommended always.

TweaksPro version requires 2.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

-