General 11.2.7.7.LE15AA Rolling Out

Search This thread

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Already prompted to install 11.2.7.7. About to install/re-root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-120229.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-120229.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 356

Andrew8578

Apr 2, 2021
Hey, I just got the update, and Restoring the boot image with Magisk no longer allows me to install the update without unrooting. at first it is downloading for a bit, then it goes to "installation problem", which is not something that happened last time

Is this normal?

Fre$h

Oct 22, 2013
HTC U11
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey, I just got the update, and Restoring the boot image with Magisk no longer allows me to install the update without unrooting. at first it is downloading for a bit, then it goes to "installation problem", which is not something that happened last time

Is this normal?
You don't need to restore anything in order to update to a New OTA. Simply disable any magisk module you use. Reboot your device then let the OTA install it self. Once done, DO Not reboot and just go to magiskmanager, and install magisk to the available slot. After what you can reboot your device, re apply your magisk modules. Et voilà

Andrew8578

Apr 2, 2021
You don't need to restore anything in order to update to a New OTA. Simply disable any magisk module you use. Reboot your device then let the OTA install it self. Once done, DO Not reboot and just go to magiskmanager, and install magisk to the available slot. After what you can reboot your device, re apply your magisk modules. Et voilà
I just did that and nothing has changed. If someone can give the 11.2.7.7aa image, that would help alot

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
are you doing both Direct & Inactive slot Install before Reboot?

Yes

where did you get it?

Just through the normal system updater.

Can you give me the kernel patch file? magisk

No, sorry, I don't do this.

Is this normal?

I followed my normal process (I don't use any Magisk modules):

Magisk Uninstall->Restore Images (do not reboot)
Take OTA (do not reboot)
Install Magisk to both active and inactive
Reboot

Worked without issue, as always.

Reactions: galaxys

egandt

Mar 25, 2008
I found 11.2.7.7.LE15AA, disabled all magisk modules rebooted, installed update reinstalled magisk to other slot, rebooted now I'm boot looped and in recovery, set it back from A to B (was previously on B), as obviously slot_A is non-functional or something went wrong with the upgrade from 11.2.5.5.LE15AA to 11.2.7.7.LE15AA, same problem still boot-looped.

Maybe teh custom kernel was to blame, I'll try restoring boot image and try again :(

I'd so prefer a full zip if they every provide one for the LE15AA version, as this method is never easy

Last edited:

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I found 11.2.7.7.LE15AA, disabled all magisk modules rebooted, installed update reinstalled magisk to other slot, rebooted now I'm boot looped and in recovery, set it back from A to B (was previously on B), as obviously slot_A is non-functional or something went wrong with the upgrade from 11.2.5.5.LE15AA to 11.2.7.7.LE15AA, same problem still boot-looped.

Maybe teh custom kernel was to blame, I'll try restoring boot image and try again :(

I'd so prefer a full zip if they every provide one for the LE15AA version, as this method is never easy

Yeah, I don't do any custom kernel stuff or magisk modules, I cannot personally comment. What I know, for me, is the process fails 100% of the time if I don't do the Magisk image restore and it succeeds 100% of the time if I do.

dustintinsley

Jun 14, 2013
I am currently on 11.2.4.4 AA (Global), rooted. Can I upgrade to the EU ROM since they tend to get full updates while AA has not been? If so, do I just flash the 11.2.6.6 EU ROM or should I flash 11.2.4.4 EU ROM then flash a more up-to-date ROM? If I flash the EU ROM, would I loose anything?

Fre$h

Oct 22, 2013
HTC U11
OnePlus 9 Pro
As rooted you have to flash OTA using full OTA zip file that you can download using oxygen updater app. Incremental OTA method cannot work properly.
On Oxygen updater app, download the full zip file (it will detect Magisk and advise you to use that method.)
Once downloaded, be sure that every magisk module are disabled and reboot.
Now go to parameters/system/system update then click on the upper right icon and chose local update. If it's not already done, point to the full zip file location and let the update process run to the end.
Once done, do not reboot and use magiskmanager to reflash magisk to the available slot.

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
As rooted you have to flash OTA using full OTA zip file that you can download using oxygen updater app. Incremental OTA method cannot work properly.
On Oxygen updater app, download the full zip file (it will detect Magisk and advise you to use that method.)
Now go to parameters/system/system update then click on the upper right icon and chose local update. If it's not already done, point to the full zip file location and let the update process run to the end.
Once done, do not reboot and use magiskmanager to reflash magisk to the available slot.
Not sure if this was for someone specific for their unique circumstance. If this was just meant generally, then it is inaccurate.

I don't use Oxygen Updater. I just take the incremental OTA using the steps I mentioned.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Just letting you know, Oxygen Updater is stuck on 11.2.4.4, as is the OnePlus website.

Reactions: galaxys

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Works for me every time...that way just post it.
yeah my system reports 11.2.4.4, yet have an incremental update for 11.2.7.7, which is odd for a number of reasons. long story short I'm sure it will cause me issues to try applying an incremental update that is not in order, but idk why 11.2.7.7 is showing up on my system, bc 11.2.6.6 never installed (or the system doesn't report it did)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Normal process for taking the OTA and keeping root worked without any issue.
    I'm having trouble updating.
    it keeps stopping / error out with this message

"Installation will continue when device isn't being used"

if I try again then it goes:

"Couldn't update"
    "Installation Problem"

I already cleared out all the running Apps, yet it keeps detecting something is being used... any idea how to make the update install regardless of other Apps running in the background ?
    Found the issue about "Installation will continue when device isn't being used" after REsume
    "Installation Problem"

I found out a solution that worked. Even after a Magisk uninstall Restore Image, the kernel was still Omega, Omega ia a custom kernel I use. The Magisk restore image still has an early Omega kernel with an early date still present even if the device was unrooted. I then Fastboot flash boot a stock 11.2.6.6LE15AA boot image which has a stock kernel and the installation went with v11.2.7.7. Then fastboot boot Magisk 11.2.7.7LE15AA then use Magisk to root properly. Voila!
    are you doing both Direct & Inactive slot Install before Reboot?

Yes

where did you get it?

Just through the normal system updater.

Can you give me the kernel patch file? magisk

No, sorry, I don't do this.

Is this normal?

I followed my normal process (I don't use any Magisk modules):

Magisk Uninstall->Restore Images (do not reboot)
    Take OTA (do not reboot)
    Install Magisk to both active and inactive
    Reboot

Worked without issue, as always.

Just letting you know, Oxygen Updater is stuck on 11.2.4.4, as is the OnePlus website.
    I am also in 7.7 NA, is it possible to root NA version. As NA use google services for updates. how to update, i heard no full zips updates in NA
    Easy. You open magisk and restore stock boot. Don't reboot yet. Download and install update. Don't reboot yet. Open magisk and install to inactive slot. Reboot.