[11 April][SD\Magldr][Boxmax IR-S v0.3][Vivo HTC ARA 1.43.415.3][k:hastarin r8.6]

Search This thread

boxmax

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Dammam
for install angry bired game & any program problem
go to settings >> SD & phone storage >> Unmount sd card

then go market & download game and install ...

After that mount sd card agin

Last edited:

mikemol

Jan 8, 2009
I have the same problem as in version 0.1. I can't install programs. They get downloaded from the market but then give me "Installation unsuccessful" error message. I'm not installing Angry Birds.
I did try your suggestion to unmount SD card, redownload app, install it and then mount SD again and then the program got installed. But I don't want to do that every time I can't install a program as there are too many of them.
If you could fix that, it would be great. I don't have the same problem on other builds. Boxmax 0.3 doesn't have that problem.

Also data worked on the initial boot but after reboot it stopped working. Turning off and then on Mobile network or airplane mode fixes it.

Other then that everything is great.

Also this build solved the problem with displaying message count in arabic numbers. In the old build of Boxmax DS 0.3 I get the message count displayed in arabic at first and then after I look at the messages it converts back to regular numbers. On this one - it downloaded my mail and displayed message count right away in usual numbers, not in arabic.
For those who have problems with it when choosing English as the main language, make sure you choose English for US or UK or some other country where normal numbers are used. Do not choose English for arabic countries like Quwait, Egypt and others as those countries use arabic and even though you will get everything displayed in English you may still get arabic numbering system here and there.

Last edited:

mikemol

Jan 8, 2009
This version is the language English?

By default it is Arabic, but during the initial setup at the first screen you can choose English (US) or some other English and then press the arrow pointing to the left and then the rest of the process will be in English including all the menus and everything else

rebecker

Mar 13, 2007
Minneapolis
this ORIGINAL FONTS for ROM RUU Vivo ...:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhntfkd25ry815o

put folder (root) in folder (Android ) & restart android ...
Sorry, that does not help. In fact, I'm now getting very strange, non-Arabic symbols. :confused: Back to Ds v0.3 Froyo HTC ARA for now. I'll keep checking your builds. This font issue is the only fault I can find with either of your builds. Not major, I've adjusted to it, but I keep hoping. ;)

Edit. Sorry, I was wrong about the "non-Arabic". In fact, it was the Arabic number 5 (0). I tried the install again (in all cases with a freshly formatted card) without the original fonts; same result.

-Bob-

Last edited:

lomo2002

Oct 5, 2007
hi and salam,

Thanks boxmax for hard work. I downloaded the v. 0.1 yesterday and i am using it since, i have not had any problem yet. the wifi, marked, 3g and everthings works perfectly. The speed is a little bit slower than your Desire rom, so i think the v.0.2 would have the same speed as your Desire rom.

this rom has all the european language, i am using the danish keyboard with farsi keyboard flawlessly...:D

zmoboss

Apr 16, 2010
Everything works...gps,market,camera,mms .... Just little laggy, but hey, everything works...awesome build..boxmax to the max !!!!

Data connection quite stable...will report on battery life after 48 hours.

boxmax, any chance you can provide an apk for a battery with percentage shown? Thx.
Z

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

EDIT : BATTERY LIFE : goes down quite rapidly... ALL data connection OFF (gps/wifi/3g/2g/BT) ... went to bed at 10:00pm with battery 70% ..... got up at 6:00am with battery 26 % :(
somehow during the night, the 3G data self-enabled!!! This with the stock class 2 MicroSD that came with the Tmo HD2

Last edited:

boxmax

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Dammam
Everything works...gps,market,camera,mms .... Just little laggy, but hey, everything works...awesome build..boxmax to the max !!!!

Data connection quite stable...will report on battery life after 48 hours.

boxmax, any chance you can provide an apk for a battery with percentage shown? Thx.
Z

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

this Battery percentage ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4np8z808yf7bn5

but folder (root) in folder (Android) & restart rom ... after ok delete folder root ...

Reactions: zmoboss

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
Hi Boxmax,

your rom works great almost 12 hours running my phone using your rom but just not the LED notification keep light on, i restart the phone to shut the led down.

any suggestion if its happen again?

anyway ur rom works really great...

sorceforge

Jul 3, 2010
Hi Boxmax,

your rom works great almost 12 hours running my phone using your rom but just not the LED notification keep light on, i restart the phone to shut the led down.

How about installing LED me know from market? :)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

lomo2002

Oct 5, 2007
Hi Boxmax,

I have experienced this problem with one of android roms and i found out the only way to solve this problem is flashing your WM rom. I know that sounds strange, but it solved the green led problem for me.:D

mikemol

Jan 8, 2009
@ mikemol ...

try this IR-S v0.3 http://www.multiupload.com/T1FDNQQYPF

i hope to fix Install Error (unknown -18) ...

if ok ..... iwell update 1post to v0.3

Only now saw your note. I will try it once I get home.

I notice another bug on mine. I installed VLingo app and tried to use voice navigation. Navigation came up but when loading a map it force close in the android.map. I then tried to start stock navigation without vlingo and typed an address to go to and when loading a map it also force closed. Also for some reason the rom started working very slow on my phone. I did add SetCPU and changed it to Performance mode. No idea what's going on. It seems much slower than the boxmax DS 0.3.

Anyway, I will try the one from your link and will report on the "unknown -18" installation error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1252102gg7.png

UPDATE TO v0.3:

-fix Install some apk Error (unknown -18)
    -More Stable & More Fast
    -Delete some unnecessary programs

-To Download : http://www.multiupload.com/T1FDNQQYPF

I would recommend strongly change Kernel To:
    http://www.multiupload.com/R3IBO28F0J
    it fast & more stable
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Information:​

1- build : Vivo HTC ARA 1.43.415.3 . Android 2.2.1 (Arabic Full) .

2- kernel:hastarin r8.6 .

3- All Working ( Camera 5m , Camcorder Normal , MMS , GPS , WiFi , Data ppp , Bluetooth , ... ). Although the camera need to be further developed,
    as well as I've added a Google camera works without any problems

4- Deodex ( App & Framework ) + Zipalign ( All .apk ) .

5- Available languages : Arabic Full & English & more...

6- To install SD : Download ...Unrar ... Put the folder on the root of your SD card ... Run CLRCAD then Haret. For Magldr use this rootfs & Replace in folder Android & use magldr (Not Tested)

8- incloded 1GB DATA

Download :

1- Stock Clean Untheme : v0.2 old
    http://www.multiupload.com/DJOJ168C7C

First boot long time ... & must restart after first boot

To More Fast use SetCpu and set scaling to performance or interactive & set on boot

Special thanks to

darkstone , MccM , spimonkey34 ,hastarin , letama ,rafpigna , dungphp , domineus ,htcfreak , dsixda's ...

& Overall : xda-developers.com

1404143sssa2062729.png

1404143ss2062729.png

I would still like to see a panel to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, brightness, gps and so on in the notification screen. Then it would be perfect.

Thanks

Attempts are still ongoing ...

I wish that the most successful with the assistance of experts in this forum
    To More Fast use SetCpu and set scaling to performance or interactive & set on boot
    BOXMAX would you please provide a multiupload link for the battery percentage?

Thanks in advance

http://www.multiupload.com/SVCC5EOFDE
    UPDATE TO v0.2:

-More Stable & More Fast
    -Delete some unnecessary programs

-To Download : http://www.multiupload.com/DJOJ168C7C
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode