[11 April][SD\Magldr][Boxmax IR-S v0.3][Vivo HTC ARA 1.43.415.3][k:hastarin r8.6]

Search This thread

mikemol

Jan 8, 2009
@ mikemol ...

try this IR-S v0.3 http://www.multiupload.com/T1FDNQQYPF

i hope to fix Install Error (unknown -18) ...

if ok ..... iwell update 1post to v0.3

here is my report.

I deleted everything in Android folder except for the data.img. Updated my Android with IR-S v0.3 keeping old data.img. Booted no problems. Got same notification that it couldn't determine my time zone and was asked to choose a time zone (I had the same issue almost after every reboot - probably related to no internet over the data connection at the boot).
I tried to test to see if stock Navigation would start working and couldn't get it to work due to no data. I decided to turn off "Mobile network" and then turn it on - well that worked half the way - I was able to turn it off but then when tried to turn it on - it keeps cycling on turning on and doesn't succeed. I tried going into the airplane mode and then off - but mobile network still doesn't connect.
I got connected to the internet over wifi - now Navigation starts working but then still force closes on the map part of it.

Now for the market - I just tried one application that wouldn't install before since I already had the other ones that gave installation error installed before with unmount SD card. Well - here is the fixed problem this time - now it installed without an error - good job, your fix did the magic.

I don't know what the problem is with the data. I will try to restart it and see if it would start working, if it doesn't, I will try with a clean data.img

Update:
1. Data started working after restart.
2. I got arabic numbering for the new email count again just like on the boxmax DS v.0.3 but I thought I didn't have that on IS 0.1 and IS 0.2

Last edited:
Reactions: boxmax

beck19real

Sep 1, 2009
hi boxmax than u for ur great build but i have a question i faced a trouble logging in to htc sense or htc hub is this my problem alone or it is rom problem can u check please thank u in advance

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
like incredible S, is the battery drain super impressively great?

i have been using this rom since 5th April, really satisfied with the performance and battery usage.

i put some profile inside set cpu to regulate the usage of battery, currently i can use my phone up to 24 hours.

cheers

lomo2002

Oct 5, 2007
i have been using this rom since 5th April, really satisfied with the performance and battery usage.

i put some profile inside set cpu to regulate the usage of battery, currently i can use my phone up to 24 hours.

cheers

hmm, i could not find the SETCPU in this v0.3? Is it included? if not, any link for download?

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
Hi BoxMax,

ive successfully runs your 0.3 version, everything going very well on the first start, once i shut down and restart back, i lost data connection. tried to disconnect and reconnect back but still the same.. any suggestion?

i notice that in setting/about phone/software information the software number still 0.2 not 0.3 or i download the wrong one?

thanks

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
BoxMax,

i just notice that your latest build installed all the application inside my titanium backup from my SD card automatically. how u do that??? really awesome... no need to install one by one anymore hehehe.....

DracoX

Dec 9, 2009
San Salvador
I have V0.3 The weather on the clock widget does not appear neither location...besides I have no work wifi appear connect but no open pages in the web browser.
How I can resolve this?

I try Settings-apps-manage apps-all-htc sense-clear cache >In this point I cant do it, cache appear 0.00B

Thx in advance.

EDIT: Solved!

Last edited:

sh_mohanna

Apr 25, 2010
Gaza
Hi Boxmax,
I have tested this rom for two days, it is little bit slow and laggy, not like the Desire Build.
Whenever I try SetCPU the mobile crashes.

Now I will try the HD build, hopefully it will be better.

Regards,

abima80

Oct 27, 2009
Hi Boxmax,
I have tested this rom for two days, it is little bit slow and laggy, not like the Desire Build.
Whenever I try SetCPU the mobile crashes.

Now I will try the HD build, hopefully it will be better.

Regards,

i think you should check you phone? this build is much more better compare to other build. i recommend you to do fresh install and check your sd card for error and perform defrag process

rimkhan1

Dec 31, 2009
Luton
Hi boxmax,
I have tried this build for two days now. All good to report. Only niggle is when during a call screen goes black and stays black. Screen doesn't come back on until you press the power/disconnect button and that obviously kills the call. It was a little laggy but after recommended 'setcpu' install, it is fast now. Data connection is stable and if drops due to weak signals, will reconnect quickly.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

boxmax

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Dammam
Hi boxmax,
I have tried this build for two days now. All good to report. Only niggle is when during a call screen goes black and stays black. Screen doesn't come back on until you press the power/disconnect button and that obviously kills the call. It was a little laggy but after recommended 'setcpu' install, it is fast now. Data connection is stable and if drops due to weak signals, will reconnect quickly.

This common problem can be overcome by the following:

go setting >Display>Brightness> Unselected Automatic ...

rimkhan1

Dec 31, 2009
Luton
Thanks for your reply, will do that. Another problem I had today is that after restarting I can't get my data connection to work. I tired GSM only, GSM + CDMA, CDMA only, but no connection. Can make calls and send messages but no data connection. WiFi is working fine :)

Can we please have locations, footprint and carpanel?

update: Once I turned wifi on and off, data connection seems to be working but is slow, very slow.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1252102gg7.png

UPDATE TO v0.3:

-fix Install some apk Error (unknown -18)
    -More Stable & More Fast
    -Delete some unnecessary programs

-To Download : http://www.multiupload.com/T1FDNQQYPF

I would recommend strongly change Kernel To:
    http://www.multiupload.com/R3IBO28F0J
    it fast & more stable
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Information:​

1- build : Vivo HTC ARA 1.43.415.3 . Android 2.2.1 (Arabic Full) .

2- kernel:hastarin r8.6 .

3- All Working ( Camera 5m , Camcorder Normal , MMS , GPS , WiFi , Data ppp , Bluetooth , ... ). Although the camera need to be further developed,
    as well as I've added a Google camera works without any problems

4- Deodex ( App & Framework ) + Zipalign ( All .apk ) .

5- Available languages : Arabic Full & English & more...

6- To install SD : Download ...Unrar ... Put the folder on the root of your SD card ... Run CLRCAD then Haret. For Magldr use this rootfs & Replace in folder Android & use magldr (Not Tested)

8- incloded 1GB DATA

Download :

1- Stock Clean Untheme : v0.2 old
    http://www.multiupload.com/DJOJ168C7C

First boot long time ... & must restart after first boot

To More Fast use SetCpu and set scaling to performance or interactive & set on boot

Special thanks to

darkstone , MccM , spimonkey34 ,hastarin , letama ,rafpigna , dungphp , domineus ,htcfreak , dsixda's ...

& Overall : xda-developers.com

1404143sssa2062729.png

1404143ss2062729.png

I would still like to see a panel to turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, brightness, gps and so on in the notification screen. Then it would be perfect.

Thanks

Attempts are still ongoing ...

I wish that the most successful with the assistance of experts in this forum
    To More Fast use SetCpu and set scaling to performance or interactive & set on boot
    BOXMAX would you please provide a multiupload link for the battery percentage?

Thanks in advance

http://www.multiupload.com/SVCC5EOFDE
    UPDATE TO v0.2:

-More Stable & More Fast
    -Delete some unnecessary programs

-To Download : http://www.multiupload.com/DJOJ168C7C