[11] Derpfest for 7T [BETA][OFFICIAL]

Faaipke

May 25, 2012
Clean flashed
Clean flash latest official build again - same thing happens; revert to latest community build (20210106) and app works fine... Plex logo loads, spinning circle and then Plex home page. Only app I use that doesn't seem to be working properly on latest build

Sparker0i

Oct 4, 2015
Palakkad
Yeah I saw that web browser crashed only with chrome which I don't really use i use brave, once I updated chrome it states acting normal. Brave has never given me issues. Are you using brave?
I actually have the problem on both, Chrome and Brave, those are the two browsers that I use for different purposes.
Both Chrome and Brave giving the ANR problem. In fact any Chromium based browser is giving that problem. The only browser that seems to work for now is Firefox...

matt0301

Apr 1, 2011
Guarujá
Both Chrome and Brave giving the ANR problem. In fact any Chromium based browser is giving that problem. The only browser that seems to work for now is Firefox...
i've been using kiwi, that is chromium based and it works nice, no crash at all. But I will look into that when I got some free time

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
I don't know what this relates to but, I'm having some issues with some of the apps I use. For instance, Minds (social media). When I'm scrolling through, the second I lift my finger the screen stops scrolling. The fluid scroll you expect isn't there. It just starts and stops when you move your finger. You can't "throw" the page. I don't really know how to explain it but I hope I did good enough to get the point across.

Also, in Gmail. When I'm typing an email, the text disappears off the screen. If I click in the area where the message is being typed, the text comes back. As soon as I start typing again, it disappears.

Battery life is insanely good compared to the bootleggers rom I was using. Loving everything else so far. I've learned ways around the little problems I'm having but I thought I should post about it to see if it could be fixed.

Thanks!!!!

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
I don't know what this relates to but, I'm having some issues with some of the apps I use. For instance, Minds (social media). When I'm scrolling through, the second I lift my finger the screen stops scrolling. The fluid scroll you expect isn't there. It just starts and stops when you move your finger. You can't "throw" the page. I don't really know how to explain it but I hope I did good enough to get the point across.

Also, in Gmail. When I'm typing an email, the text disappears off the screen. If I click in the area where the message is being typed, the text comes back. As soon as I start typing again, it disappears.

Battery life is insanely good compared to the bootleggers rom I was using. Loving everything else so far. I've learned ways around the little problems I'm having but I thought I should post about it to see if it could be fixed.

Thanks!!!!
He is working a new build trying to fix the bugs, I have seen the Gmail bug but the scrolling issues I can't reproduce it on any of my apps, perhaps it is an app issues with a11. Anyways thanks for your comments and help.

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
Ok finally!!! I never installed this ROM because it said Alpha. But this is the ROM Ive been looking for. Finally found a ROM I feel comfotable using on a daily basis. Now, Im gonna try to install all my apps and see about stability. Ill report back.

EDIT: A bit too buggy for me personally. GOsh thats dissapointing because I loved the bone stock feel. Just my apps presented issues.

Last edited:

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
New 7T OB1 Android 11 could help to improve this rom? It will be required as base for new Derp?

Thanks
Not really you could still use 10 as base and it will work till dev states that a11 is needed. Said that I have been testing some new builds from the dev with some bug fixes and I have used a11 as base since I have been jumping back and forth the last days and everything seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: megapinky

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
yeah I just did an OTA update and then formatted after the update. went through the setup and then booted the chinese twrp and check which slot I was operating under and im currently using Slot A so all is well.

what you working on now? I know your testing something over there...hahaha

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
yeah I just did an OTA update and then formatted after the update. went through the setup and then booted the chinese twrp and check which slot I was operating under and im currently using Slot A so all is well.

what you working on now? I know your testing something over there...hahaha
Derp dev is hard at work fixing bugs for the next derp build, I'm just helping him out testing those builds.

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
What kind of bugs do you have with this ROM?
In my case Google, and Naptime kept crashing. Then WFD service started crashing. I would restart only to be faced with these apps crashing on me. I tried deleting storage, updating apps etc but nothing worked. At that point i gave up trying to install any other apps and went back t0 stock.

Faaipke

May 25, 2012
In my case Google, and Naptime kept crashing. Then WFD service started crashing. I would restart only to be faced with these apps crashing on me. I tried deleting storage, updating apps etc but nothing worked. At that point i gave up trying to install any other apps and went back t0 stock.
You may want to try the initial build (Jan 6); works flawlessly for me, no app crashes.. Tried the latest build and while to work fine as well, one app I use (Plex) won't open....

Reactions: 14christ

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
From the first day that I flashed this, it has been solid. Battery life is ridiculously good. I have to charge every other day and I use my phone at work. No FC's at any point at all. I would definitely try again. I wiped from bootleggers and came straight over. No issues at all other than the 2 things I've already reported. And those are VERY small issues. Even my banks apps are working with Magisk. This is my DD.