Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
  • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery by flashing the boot.img using
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot guacamole-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-boot.img
    followed by booting to recovery through the bootloader.
  • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
    Code:
    adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-guacamole-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
  • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
  • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
  • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
  • Done
Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

tURkOsANsE

Jun 16, 2016
España
Hello, thank you for this great job. I find the latest official version of TWRP on my Oneplus 7Pro with decrypted data, using custom ROM with OOS 11 blobs, could I install CarbonROM from my TWRP and then install Dm-Verity to avoid encryption? Thanks.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
    Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
    It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
    You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
    • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery by flashing the boot.img using
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot guacamole-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-boot.img
      followed by booting to recovery through the bootloader.
    • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
      Code:
      adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-guacamole-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
    • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
    • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
    • Done
    Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
    Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

I see the Colors tab in Display settings has no option to select

Crap, must've forgotten those. Will check and add if possible.

So, what beautiful features does Carbon possess?

The best would be to check the small Gallery on our Homepage, that pretty much documents the features. For remaining questions, just ask and we'll so our best to answer.
    Sure, if you tell me the steps :)
    Why would I do that? Those are in the first post...
    hello, can I install this rom coming from lineage OS 18.1??? thank you.
    It can be done, so the question is; can you?
    hello, can I install this rom coming from lineage OS 18.1??? thank you.
    I flashed it with twrp coming from Cherish rom. But, i stay decrypted so it's very easy.