• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-9.0 [instantnoodlep]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
  • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery using
    Code:
    fastboot boot instantnoodlep-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-recovery.img
  • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
    Code:
    adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-instantnoodlep-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
  • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
  • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
  • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
  • Done
Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
OOS camera or GCam default? And what kernel is it running and is it compatible with AOSP kernels for OP8P just in case?
Neither, default cam is Snap. Gcam Mods can be installed manually and work just fine. Kernel is based on the LineageOS Kernel, so whichever Custom Kernel is compatible with that, is compatible with Carbon as well.

Philippe.47

Jan 11, 2021
ROM is smooth and fast ! But my charging seems to be quite slow ,not getting warp charge .anybody getting similar problem?

Edit: restarting the device fixed my problem .Smooth ROM and bug free after 2 days of use .Not a lot of customisation but it has all the essentials that i need .

Last edited:

Svid

Sep 8, 2010
TLV
Is it possible to take the modifications from oos 11.0.7.7 and add them to the ROM? i'm asking about VoLTE and VoWifi since we got official support in this version.

MichalPlays

Nov 5, 2015
Really amazing ROM but I recommend to update your phone to the latest OOS before flashing this ROM.
I faced issues with LTE connectivity since it seems like I never got anything better than 4g but after flashing OOS and reinstalling Carbon, I was getting 4g+ (also known as LTE-A) all the time instead of the slower 4g.

Does someone know which Kernel would give me the best battery life with this ROM?
I'm currently doing a part time job and I was getting like 5h of SOT (which is better than on OOS) but I would like to get something like 7h SOT even if it means that I would loose some performance (I don't game on my smartphone, so YOLO)

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Anyone know if android auto or data works on verizon?
Verizon is reported to be fully working on all our devices, Android Auto works with the Android Emulator and a VW Discovery Pro (which is all I can test with) plus other systems reported as working from by users.

Android Auto however was always a little picky in the past, so if it doesn't work with your system please let me know and we'll do our best to fix it.

@jarjarfinks see above^

Reactions: ps000000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice weekly update. August, 25.
    Good smooth ROM. Works well. I like that with the Carbon ROM fonts app,I don't have to root to get custom fonts. Rooting these days with banking apps is difficult. Thank you.
    Anyone know if android auto or data works on verizon?
    Verizon is reported to be fully working on all our devices, Android Auto works with the Android Emulator and a VW Discovery Pro (which is all I can test with) plus other systems reported as working from by users.

Android Auto however was always a little picky in the past, so if it doesn't work with your system please let me know and we'll do our best to fix it.

@jarjarfinks see above^
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
    Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
    It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
    You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
    • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery using
      Code:
      fastboot boot instantnoodlep-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-recovery.img
    • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
      Code:
      adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-instantnoodlep-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
    • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
    • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
    • Done
    Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
    Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Glad to see this on op8p.which gapps version is suggested?
    MindTheGapps is recommended, OpenGapps still seems to have unpredictable side-issues.
    OOS camera or GCam default? And what kernel is it running and is it compatible with AOSP kernels for OP8P just in case?
    Neither, default cam is Snap. Gcam Mods can be installed manually and work just fine. Kernel is based on the LineageOS Kernel, so whichever Custom Kernel is compatible with that, is compatible with Carbon as well.
    First. Glad to see this getting updated
    So if i want magisk i just need to sideload it's latest zip right via carbonrecovery?
    Yes