• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-9.0 [kebab]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
  • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery using
    Code:
    fastboot boot kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-recovery.img
  • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
    Code:
    adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
  • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
  • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
  • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
  • Done
Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

CDI-78

Nov 24, 2010
Hi,
Flash with Fastboot ROMinstaller, reboot recovery install mind the gapps, reboot recovery install Magisk 23.
Reboot, all is running fine !

vnayrp

Sep 13, 2010
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

What is R?
It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

Code:
    Code:
  • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
  • Done
Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

FINALLY!!!!!! I have been waiting for this rom to come on the 8T!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH DEVS ;-)

angus6969

Nov 10, 2010
i ve error while installing this rom on pc after enter adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip say : adb: failed to read command: no error, and on phone failed to read 16777216 bytes data at offset .... (with several long number )

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
i ve error while installing this rom on pc after enter adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip say : adb: failed to read command: no error, and on phone failed to read 16777216 bytes data at offset .... (with several long number )
Check Drivers and see if ADB is updated, also make sure the file you downloaded isn't corrupted.

angus6969

Nov 10, 2010
already checked and re-downloaded the ROM ..flash from twrp is ok.. only by adb error..is it possible that one of the 2 slots is corrupt?

vnayrp

Sep 13, 2010
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
already checked and re-downloaded the ROM ..flash from twrp is ok.. only by adb error..is it possible that one of the 2 slots is corrupt?
Mine installed perfectly when using the rom installer method after extracting the images with the payload dumper. Try that method via fastboot. Also use the Basic NikGapps. That wont give errors while syncing your google accounts (if you desire to use gapps).

Last edited:
Reactions: angus6969

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
I got Carbon on my Mi Pad 4 Plus, which would be a bummer without the great work of custom ROM devs like the Carbon crew.

Now I thought about giving my 8T Carbon too. Got some questions before doing so.
  • What camera is included in Carbon for the 8T? The original OnePlus camera?
  • Does Carbon on 8T have the dialer/SMS/contacts system apps like on the Mi Pad 4 - I mean the system apps from AOSP (?) or is it the bloated Google apps from Google Play?
  • Did anybody flash Carbon on 8T and is using another custom Kernel, if yes - which and how's it?
  • I guess flashing flame Gapps on this would be OK?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
I got Carbon on my Mi Pad 4 Plus, which would be a bummer without the great work of custom ROM devs like the Carbon crew.

Now I thought about giving my 8T Carbon too. Got some questions before doing so.
  • What camera is included in Carbon for the 8T? The original OnePlus camera?
  • Does Carbon on 8T have the dialer/SMS/contacts system apps like on the Mi Pad 4 - I mean the system apps from AOSP (?) or is it the bloated Google apps from Google Play?
  • Did anybody flash Carbon on 8T and is using another custom Kernel, if yes - which and how's it?
  • I guess flashing flame Gapps on this would be OK?

• Camera: "Snap", the Opensource camera app from CAF (as known from Lineage or OmniROM)
  • Yes. All official builds only contain the opensource AOSP apps.
  • Can't answer that
  • Yes. See the install instructions on how to do that.

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
  • Camera: "Snap", the Opensource camera app from CAF (as known from Lineage or OmniROM)
  • Yes. All official builds only contain the opensource AOSP apps.
  • Can't answer that
  • Yes. See the install instructions on how to do that.
Thank you for the reply, Sir.
I guess then it's good to have gCam and Google photos to have a decent camera. Or is "snap" any good?

shadowtuy

Jul 2, 2014
Already getting annoyed with Oxegen OS with issues that seem to follow me from my 6T

How's the bluetooth on 8T AOSP?
Also since this is Android 11 does it have that power menu with all the smart home junk I have grown attached to?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

What is R?

Disclaimer:

Support:

Install Instructions:

Code:
      Code:
    • Done

Download
    Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Ive so been waiting for this for so long... Big big fan.

The only thing that could be better than Carbon coming to OnePlus 8T would be if Resurrection Remix came..

God.. old school rom names.. <3
    Mine installed perfectly when using the rom installer method after extracting the images with the payload dumper. Try that method via fastboot. Also use the Basic NikGapps. That wont give errors while syncing your google accounts (if you desire to use gapps).