• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-9.0 [kebab]

Search This thread

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
Now I got Carbon on my Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover) and my OnePlus 8T (kebab) and I got to say that Carbon really is one of the best ROMs out there. I love the fact that it got AOSP system apps for dialer, contacts and SMS. By now I really dislike the dialer etc. system apps from Play. The included Snap cam is no good, so I installed gCam for 8T and it really is an alternative for the stock cam. Clover got the stock cam included in Carbon. I guess it's not that easy on kebab to do so?

Thanks to the dev and team. Just donated some. Cheers!

btw; if it's easy to implement I would go for #eeeeee or #f5f5f5 on that classic 3 button navbar rather than #000 as default ... looks ugly on some apps to have that black bar below.

Last edited:

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
OnePlus 8T
Autobrightness is quite whacky for this ROM. The brightness gets triggered by the screen content on the device. If I view a white page, autobrightness tunes up. Next page has some dark images, brightness tunes down. So you got some really bad experience with the brightness going banana all the time. I know that problem from OnePlus 7T pro ROMs, and that really sucks. Not using autobrightness is not an option.

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Noticed the ASOP alarm clock does not snooze via Volume buttons (I've toggled the option to be sure). If you turn the screen on and back off during the alarm, it will stop the alarm sound and vibration, but it continues going off until my pre-determined "Silence after" then of course says it's a "Missed Alarm". The power button thing i believe is "normal" behavior which is just dumb to me though.

The google alarm does appear to be functioning correctly, it's snoozing when i hit a volume key, and it also does the same thing when i hit the power button. Again i believe intended behavior.

I honestly wish we could use the OnePlus Alarm, as it supports snoozing from all keys (volume and power). Is that possible? I know it requires certain 1+ framework so probably not but i figured i'd ask.

At the very least ASOP alarm seems broken as i can't snooze from the volume keys.

Aside from looking into the ASOP problem, anyone have any alarm clock recommendations? I seem to recall looking for something that supported volume AND power button snoozing, but couldn't find anything.

Void4ever

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
One other thing I noticed which is unrelated to my previous post. When I unpacked my 8T yesterday and connected it to the computer to unlock it, it was showing up as KB2005 which after some research I learned is the "Global" version. That makes sense since I did purchase it directly from them and I'm in the US.

After flashing Carbon I noticed it's now showing up as KB2003 when connected to the computer, which is the European version.

I also noticed I wasn't passing ctsProfile, and my device wasn't "certified" in the PlayStore.

I grabbed MagiskHide Props Config and redid the fingerprint to KB2005 and that has resolved my ctsProfile issue as well as the showing up "certified" once again. The phone does still show KB2003 when connected to the computer but I don't care about that. So long as my ctsProfile passes!

I assume Carbon set it to KB2003. I'm not sure if that's by mistake or intended, but I thought I'd mention it for anyone else with a "Global" 8T that's having trouble passing ctsProfile after installing Carbon. Maybe this will be useful info.

Void4ever

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
I assume Carbon set it to KB2003.

Yes. There's no need to write complicated code to set the "correct" prop, neither is it necessary to provide different builds for the individual devices, therefore its just set to the device we also use the blobs from, which is the EU variant. (Same for all OP6-OP9 Pro btw).

I'm not sure if that's by mistake or intended, but I thought I'd mention it for anyone else with a "Global" 8T that's having trouble passing ctsProfile after installing Carbon. Maybe this will be useful info.

The Global/EU difference has nothing to do with SafetyNet, it's "not working" on EU phones either. Wee don't actively circumvent SafetyNet, meaning there's no hacks or fixes included. I recommend reading LineageOSs post on SafetyNet to understand why we choose not to "fix"/hack SafetyNet in our official builds.

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Yes. There's no need to write complicated code to set the "correct" prop, neither is it necessary to provide different builds for the individual devices, therefore its just set to the device we also use the blobs from, which is the EU variant. (Same for all OP6-OP9 Pro btw).

The Global/EU difference has nothing to do with SafetyNet, it's "not working" on EU phones either. Wee don't actively circumvent SafetyNet, meaning there's no hacks or fixes included. I recommend reading LineageOSs post on SafetyNet to understand why we choose not to "fix"/hack SafetyNet in our official builds.

No no, I understand completely. I would never ask nor expect for you guys to circumvent SN. These are just things I noticed and what resolved the "check" for me without diving any deeper into the Magisk / SN black hole that gets deeper by the day!

If you'd rather my post above gone I totally understand and would be happy to remove it.

Void4ever

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does MTP work for anybody? I can use ADB and fastboot like normal, but my PC doesn't detect the phone in the MTP Mode.
    Works fine for me on multiple machines. Probably a driver issue on the computer side.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

What is R?
    Our release of Android 11, titled CR-9.0.
    It provides you with the features you need while keeping the focus on delivering an elegant, smooth, and well polished experience. R delivers a set of unique features, like a system-wide font engine that also allows for applying fonts on user apps while supporting user fonts through custom APKs generated on fonts.carbonrom.org. We are confident you'll love it, and there's many more things to discover ;)

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! As always, make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    3) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Install Instructions:
    You should start off with the latest OxygenOS stable build on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

The easiest way to do that is by installing the latest Version and then copy it by flashing the copy-partitions script made by LineageOS in the recovery. (See install Instructions for the recovery)

The recommended way to install is using the CarbonRecovery linked below.
    • Download the ROM and optionally GApps, reboot to recovery using
      Code:
      fastboot boot kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM-recovery.img
    • Sideload the ROM. (Apply Update -> Apply from ADB -> Connect to PC ->
      Code:
      adb sideload CARBON-CR-9.0-R-WEEKLY-kebab-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.zip
    • Reboot recovery (to switch between slots)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG through sideload like above (optional)
    • Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset (Make sure to have a backup of your data)
    • Done
    Followup builds can be updated through the builtin CarbonDelta Updater or by dirtyflashing.

Download
    Download CarbonRecovery

Homepage
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Ive so been waiting for this for so long... Big big fan.

The only thing that could be better than Carbon coming to OnePlus 8T would be if Resurrection Remix came..

God.. old school rom names.. <3
    already checked and re-downloaded the ROM ..flash from twrp is ok.. only by adb error..is it possible that one of the 2 slots is corrupt?
    Mine installed perfectly when using the rom installer method after extracting the images with the payload dumper. Try that method via fastboot. Also use the Basic NikGapps. That wont give errors while syncing your google accounts (if you desire to use gapps).
    Does MTP work for anybody? I can use ADB and fastboot like normal, but my PC doesn't detect the phone in the MTP Mode.
    Works fine for me on multiple machines. Probably a driver issue on the computer side.