• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[11] [OSS-Vendor] AOSP Android 11 - Mi A3

Search This thread

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
h8gEDts.png

Hello Everyone!

This is AOSP 11 that is built/compiled from Google's official sources with compiled vendor, that is namely, OSS vendor which includes :-
Display, audio, media, power, thermal HALs being built from source.
By Vishalcj17

This is still in Alpha stage

Changelogs :-
Code:
 Initial AOSP build with added overlays and Gapps.

What all works?
  • Basic things such as RIL, Wifi, Data services, GPS, USB.
  • Media and audio.

Bugs?
  • Fingerprint On-Display
  • Bluetooth
  • Permissive
  • You tell me :p

Notes :-
  • Gapps Included.
  • Please install your own recovery after flashing the rom. The following zip contains AOSP recoverey which is basic.

Download
Get yo Android 11 Download

Thank you for all the love and support!
Will be back with Paranoid Android Quartz 5 soon. Also, AOSPA Ruby? New in town? Stay tuned :p

Important / Useful links
My Account (Telegram)
My Kernel source code, namely, Evie.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP Android 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A3

Contributors
Vishalcj17
Source Code: https://source.android.com/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-18
Last Updated 2020-09-18

Reactions: oohla2x

loseyourself

Sep 2, 2017
A big thanks man!
whats surprising is this is even smoother than the PE+ i was using, terrific for an alpha build.

a few pointers :-
-proximity sensor doesnt work in calls / however the sensor itself is working fine (tested)
-brightness slider is not doing anything / the brightness is fine tho
-cant access otg, it restarts / however mtp works fine
-dt2w works beautifully
-cannot access developer options in settings / however its accessible from launcher settings
-magisk work just fine, gains root but viperfx cant be installed

Last edited:

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
To have an Android 11 ROM built for laurel_sprout just a few weeks after it's official release, is just god damn good.

Great job!! Keep it up.
Hey! Thank you! This was just for booting Android 11, wait for stable (AOSPA R), stay tuned! :)

A big thanks man!
whats surprising is this is even smoother than the PE+ i was using, terrific for an alpha build.

-proximity sensor doesnt work in calls / however the sensor itself is working fine (tested)
-dt2w works beautifully
-cannot access developer options in settings / however its accessible from launcher settings

Ayyy, thanks for your words.
Sure, i might fix all the bugs in the coming weeks. :D

Jareddurogers

Sep 18, 2020
Excellent rom

I was eager to try android 11 and thanks to this rom I was able to test it, it is very stable to be alpha, I hope you continue with the super good project !!

antoine62

Jan 27, 2019
Thank you !
I can't try it out right now, as i need a full functional ROM, but thank you for the hard work !

May i suggest, it would be great if you could make the Gapps optional, not integrated.
Much love !

I agree, if dev could stop integrating gapps in rom, it would be awsome for degoogled android user.

pcolooke

Sep 19, 2020
How did you install magisk, teach me, twrp is grumpy???

A big thanks man!

-dt2w works beautifully
Can you help me without installing magisk

Last edited:

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
I agree, if dev could stop integrating gapps in rom, it would be awsome for degoogled android user.

well, trust me, AOSP looks ugly AF. Gapps makes it better atleast
Thank you !
I can't try it out right now, as i need a full functional ROM, but thank you for the hard work !

May i suggest, it would be great if you could make the Gapps optional, not integrated.
Much love !
True, but read the above message

well, trust me, AOSP looks ugly AF. Gapps makes it better atleast

True, but read the above message

I know what gapps bring to the table. Some people need them, some people don't want them, and some people don't care...
I just pointed out the fact that it would be good to have the option to choose if you want to use them or not. And i believe that a person who knows how to install custom recovery on this phone will know how to download a gapps package and flash it alongside the rom, if they CHOOSE to do so.

Tl;dr It's about the freedom of choice

Knight 3000

Sep 8, 2015
Please make no gapps version, just degoogled aosp
I know what gapps bring to the table. Some people need them, some people don't want them, and some people don't care...
I just pointed out the fact that it would be good to have the option to choose if you want to use them or not. And i believe that a person who knows how to install custom recovery on this phone will know how to download a gapps package and flash it alongside the rom, if they CHOOSE to do so.

Tl;dr It's about the freedom of choice

Thats what im saying, unfortunately many roms here come bloated with gapps, many by the mantainers, is easy to install and not needed to built it, not everyone likes google spyware, so give users the choice is best shot at now. And for ppl of "just uninstall" when you remove google apps, libs, and jars from a rom that was compiled with the gapps you break and mess the system, so is better release clean rom and who wanna use just flash zip and be happy.

Last edited:

Typhus_

Jan 9, 2013
Lisbon
www.facebook.com
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi A3
The problem here is that when a new Android version is released, usually, there aren't GApps builds available to be flashed through Recovery. For instance, if you access today to Open GApps project website, you won't find any GApps built for Android 11.

And so, yes, thank you for delivering us an Android 11 ROM with compatible GApps already included. The majority of users thank you for this.

This kind of comments makes me itchy. Instead of thanking the dev for taking his free time to build a ROM, only complain and come here with requests.

"Do this; do that; include this; remove that"...you know what? Learn to build by yourselves!

Geez.....

On a side note, I'm only waiting for Bluetooth to be fixed to get my hands on this.

Thank you @Vishalcj17.

Keep up the good work.

kir23rus

Jan 1, 2017
The problem here is that when a new Android version is released, usually, there aren't GApps builds available to be flashed through Recovery. For instance, if you access today to Open GApps project website, you won't find any GApps built for Android 11.

And so, yes, thank you for delivering us an Android 11 ROM with compatible GApps already included. The majority of users thank you for this.

This kind of comments makes me itchy. Instead of thanking the dev for taking his free time to build a ROM, only complain and come here with requests.

"Do this; do that; include this; remove that"...you know what? Learn to build by yourselves!

Geez.....

On a side note, I'm only waiting for Bluetooth to be fixed to get my hands on this.

Thank you @Vishalcj17.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah working bt would be great

Vishalcj17

Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Delhi
Will probably abandon this project. Was just for experimental purposes.
Main focus will be on AOSPA and giving you guys updates.
Hoping on Quartz 5 release anytime soon and then will be switching to Android R.
Thanks for the support. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    h8gEDts.png

Hello Everyone!

This is AOSP 11 that is built/compiled from Google's official sources with compiled vendor, that is namely, OSS vendor which includes :-
    Display, audio, media, power, thermal HALs being built from source.
    By Vishalcj17

This is still in Alpha stage

Changelogs :-
    Code:
     Initial AOSP build with added overlays and Gapps.

What all works?
    • Basic things such as RIL, Wifi, Data services, GPS, USB.
    • Media and audio.

Bugs?
    • Fingerprint On-Display
    • Bluetooth
    • Permissive
    • You tell me :p

Notes :-
    • Gapps Included.
    • Please install your own recovery after flashing the rom. The following zip contains AOSP recoverey which is basic.

Download
    Get yo Android 11 Download

Thank you for all the love and support!
    Will be back with Paranoid Android Quartz 5 soon. Also, AOSPA Ruby? New in town? Stay tuned :p

Important / Useful links
    My Account (Telegram)
    My Kernel source code, namely, Evie.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP Android 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A3

Contributors
    Vishalcj17
    Source Code: https://source.android.com/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-09-18