[11][R][GSI][A51] HAVOC OS 4.1 GSI FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY A51[A51]

Search This thread
Feb 11, 2021
Ah then my guess was not bad, but thanks for clarifying it, for now I will play it with the option to activate the ambient screen when lifting, and sometimes I forget that I am trying a generic rom, rather it surprises me that it is not have so many things broken, rather it is to be appreciated that there are people who take their time to compile and share these roms, it will be to wait maybe later they will implement it
Yeah that's cool.. or you can try other GSIs as well

Feb 11, 2021
Eu send new thread for phh developer for correction fingerprint a51 natively

What is the reason for using chondoe and not twrp to flash the rom
Dynamic partitions are a userspace partitioning system for Android. Using this partitioning system, you can create, resize, or destroy partitions during over-the-air (OTA) updates. With dynamic partitions, vendors no longer have to worry about the individual sizes of partitions such as system, vendor, and product. Instead, the device allocates a super partition, and sub-partitions can be sized dynamically within it. Individual partition images no longer have to leave empty space for future OTAs. Instead, the remaining free space in super is available for all dynamic partitions.

If you flash through twerp it'll get flashed in super partition instead of system partition where we want it to be moreover it'll effect other partitions such as vendor etc.., hence it'll screw the device..

tinti1998

Nov 18, 2016
Krnov
I have a problem, when using dm verify..... it ends with an error: failed to mount / odm (no such file or directory).
And after installing havoc, when I go back to twrp I have everything encrypted

Reactions: hacker812c

hacker812c

• Mar 28, 2012
    Salvador
    IMPORTANT ABOUT UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
    1. Active developer options in configurations
    2. Enter developer options
    3. Select OEM unlock and USB debugg
    4. Turn off your device. Get a usb cable and connect it to your computer.
    5. While phone is off first press Volume UP and Volume Down together, and then then insert the usb cable into the phone while holding the buttons wait for two seconds. a blue screen will come up telling you about consequences and life choices.
    6. Long press the Volume Up Button and a new blue screen will show up asking you for unlocking the bootloader. Press Volume Up to confirm. You device will erase everything and reset itself ( Don’t forget to take backup of your Data).
    7. Continue root steps

Reactions: GrandmaGotGuns

darkshinigami

Oct 5, 2014
    I tried it, it still doesn't work, and magisk also cannot be installed in twrp
    the steps I follow are

1.install the stock ROM and complete the setup

2.intall twrp

3.Once in twrp do factory reset, wipe cache, data, system and format data ----> types yes, reboot into recovery(these erase all information ,do a backup )

4.when it restarts in twrp again, I connect the cell phone to the pc I pass the files, I flash them first the ROM and then the DM and that's it I should start

darkshinigami

Oct 5, 2014
    Havoc os 4.3 unofficial
    i install and don´t boot

but in search of a more updated version I came across a phh post on github where it mentions the gsi roms that use its base

I am currently testing the chaos rom, since it is the one that is the most up-to-date, and at the moment it is going great, only that it is quite aosp so some people may not like it very much

double tap to wake work, the problem of automatic brightness is there I think, I have not done tests since it is not a vital function for me, and as for the brightness is very low, if in phh treble setting / samsung features / set backlight scale change the value from 2 to 0, the brightness range increases a lot and you can see it with the sun hitting the screen

If you are interested, the links of the folder and the author's post for the nomenclature of the rom

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x
    can either be a or b
    y
    can either be v, o, g or f
    Z
    can be N or S

b
    = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included

so in most common example "arm64_avN" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with no superuser

darkshinigami

Oct 5, 2014
    i install and don´t boot

but in search of a more updated version I came across a phh post on github where it mentions the gsi roms that use its base

I am currently testing the chaos rom, since it is the one that is the most up-to-date, and at the moment it is going great, only that it is quite aosp so some people may not like it very much

double tap to wake work, the problem of automatic brightness is there I think, I have not done tests since it is not a vital function for me, and as for the brightness is very low, if in phh treble setting / samsung features / set backlight scale change the value from 2 to 0, the brightness range increases a lot and you can see it with the sun hitting the screen

If you are interested, the links of the folder and the author's post for the nomenclature of the rom

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x
    can either be a or b
    y
    can either be v, o, g or f
    Z
    can be N or S

b
    = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included

so in most common example "arm64_avN" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with no superuser
    the proximity sensor works, so there is more chance of the auto brightness too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Havoc os 4.4 unofficial other deceloper
      I am currently using version 4.3 of this developer and everything is going great, if he did not do anything different I imagine that it will still work wonders
      I am currently using version 4.3 of this developer and everything is going great, if he did not do anything different I imagine that it will still work wonders
      Apart from the havoc gsi group, the maintainer said that he could no longer develop, because he had no devices to test the builds so for now there will be no more official roms, so thanks for sharing the unofficial ones to keep the rom updated
      Fingerprint run perfectly a51?

Fingerprint run perfectly a51?
      No bro, surely much later, if I have seen that phh has mentioned that it is working on it, really if you want to go with generic rom you have to sacrifice several things
      I support it because I prefer that to one ui XD
      UPDATED GUIDE FOR ANDROID 11[R]

Hey Guys,

Before you dive in, irrespective of your reading speed read this carefully and slowly for better understanding but if you cannot focus and read it slowly then you better give up music for a few weeks.

About the Device

Before you jump in and get your hands dirty.. you should know that what you will be installing is Generic System Image, It is not specifically made for your device so if you are going to install some other GSI other than this, you might face some issues.

If you are a beginner, you should Go Through Project Treble, just for the sake of knowledge.

Also Galaxy A51 has A/B partition and Supports Project Treble though remember that Treble Devices are not same as A/B devices and Vice Versa.

Things You’ll Need

• A Computer (not an iPad)
      • Internet [requirement around 6 gigs (4.8 gigs optional, for downloading stock Firmware, Highly Recommended)]
      • Samsung Galaxy A51 (will not work on A50)
      • Patience and a madcap attitude.

Resources
      Download Odin from the link given below and extract it in a folder.
      https://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.13.3.zip

Adb and Fastboot Drivers
      https://gsmusbdrivers.com/download/adb-fastboot-drivers/#

Samsung Drivers
      https://developer.samsung.com/mobile/file/68b2dc40-3833-4a8b-b58e-32f7aca25c00

Havoc OS GSI [ANDROID 11]
      [11][OFFICIAL] Havoc-OS 4.1 [ARM64/ARM/A64][A/AB/AB-VNDKLITE][GApps/Vanilla] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)
      Don’t forget to check that there is “arm64” and “ab” written on the name of the file
      Other option is with Gapps (it means the rom will come with Google Play services built in, otherwise it is Vanilla Android.

CHONDOE FLASHER
      ChonDoe_Flasher.zip | by androidhowto for Utilities (androidfilehost.com)

Twerp Recovery [ANDROID 11]
      Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar | by androidhowto for Utilities (androidfilehost.com)

Encryption Disabler
      Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip | by androidhowto for Utilities (androidfilehost.com)

EDIT
      BEFORE YOU PROCEED
      1. IT IS MANDATORY TO FOR THE DEVICE TO BE IN ONE UI 3.0, ANDROID 11. IF NOT DOWNLOAD ONE UI 3 FROM Model : SM-A515F - Galaxy A51 — Samfrew.com THEN PROCEED.
      2. NOT ALL GSIs WILL WORK TO KEEP A LIGHT HEART ABOUT A GSI NOT WORKING.

Its Show time

1. Go to settings and go to about phone, tap build number 7 times and a dialog will appear, you are now a developer. [IF IT WAZ THAT EASY]

2. Go to additional setting or search developer options in the settings search bar

3. Once in the developer settings find OEM unlock and turn in on, scroll down and also turn on USB debugging, your phone will ask the permission for accessing the data by your computer.

4. Turn off your device. Get a usb cable and connect it to your computer.

5. While phone is off first press Volume UP and Volume Down together, and then then insert the usb cable into the phone while holding the buttons wait for two seconds. a blue screen will come up telling you about consequences and life choices.

6. Long press the Volume Up Button and a new blue screen will show up asking you for unlocking the bootloader. Press Volume Up to confirm. You device will erase everything and reset itself ( Don’t forget to take backup of your Data).

7. After the setup screen appears skip everything in the setup and enable developers option and enable USB debugging in the developer options.

8. Turn off your device again and Repeat step 5.

9. Press Volume up for entering the download mode

10. Now in your computer, Install Odin and open Odin.exe you’ll find your device as comm: xx. Go to options and disable auto reboot.

11. Now click on the AP button and select the twerp you downloaded. do not remove the usb cable and after it is installed press vol down and power, as the screen goes black hold with cable connected press and hold vol up and power until twerp boots up.

12. If you miss it repeat the process again but don’t let it boot to One Ui.

13. twerp press wipe => format data =>type yes. Press home button and again go to wipe advanced select Data, Cache and Dalvik and swipe to clear.

14. Press home again. Go to reboot and select recovery, twerp wil reboot. Once it reboots transfer the encryption disabler to your phone and in twerp press install select the storage, sdcard or internal storage, where you have stored the file, select it and swipe to install.

15. Now in your computer extract the Havoc os image and rename it as “system.img”.

16. Place the chondoe flasher zip and system.img in internal storage and then flash chondoe flasher zip

17. Reboot and KABLAMO You have installed Havoc OS.

Bugs

• A small random issue in Auto Brightness
      • If you root with magisk and install modules, after you reboot your phone will get into a bootloop. Use Phh_Magisk but I aint sure if it’ll work or not Your call madcap.

NONE OF THE FILES IN THIS TUTORIAL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME. If SOMETIHING HAPPENS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. ONLY DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Troubleshooting.

• If you find errors in twerp, such as unable to mount vendor or system_root, or data. Then you got to install the stock One Ui Back again, therefore it is highly recommended to keep with yourself the stock firmware. You will need It. And it is 4.78 gigs. You can download it from
      • Model : SM-A515F - Galaxy A51 — Samfrew.com
      • To reinstall the stock firmware first extract it and the open odin and repeat steps 8 and 9, once your device is detected in Odin press the respective buttons and select the respective files such as for BL button select the file With BL in the name. Do it for buttons, BL, AP(once you select the file it will take long for it load into odin so do not panic and let it load, it might become unresponsive but use patience and wait.)CP , CSC. Click on start and you’ll have ONE Ui back on your device.
      • To Lock the bootloader repeat steps 5 and 6.

If you still want more stability and Control You can install a different Kernel NDataX from (@Hendamanu) https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/hendramanu.11224917/
      Eu send new thread for phh developer for correction fingerprint a51 natively

What is the reason for using chondoe and not twrp to flash the rom
      Dynamic partitions are a userspace partitioning system for Android. Using this partitioning system, you can create, resize, or destroy partitions during over-the-air (OTA) updates. With dynamic partitions, vendors no longer have to worry about the individual sizes of partitions such as system, vendor, and product. Instead, the device allocates a super partition, and sub-partitions can be sized dynamically within it. Individual partition images no longer have to leave empty space for future OTAs. Instead, the remaining free space in super is available for all dynamic partitions.

If you flash through twerp it'll get flashed in super partition instead of system partition where we want it to be moreover it'll effect other partitions such as vendor etc.., hence it'll screw the device..
      Ah then my guess was not bad, but thanks for clarifying it, for now I will play it with the option to activate the ambient screen when lifting, and sometimes I forget that I am trying a generic rom, rather it surprises me that it is not have so many things broken, rather it is to be appreciated that there are people who take their time to compile and share these roms, it will be to wait maybe later they will implement it
      Yeah that's cool.. or you can try other GSIs as well
      Dude first of all if it has Android 11 in its name then it definitely has the Android 11 code. As far as these roms go.. they start from a very stock Android 11 from Google and they modify up to their requirements.. mostly they just cut and paste the code which they already have from previous versions to the same libraries as the new version without making any changes as Android is not drastically updating its small improvements and more polish.. more over the features like lock screen visualizer or double tap are installed as apk inside the rom. So there can be a lot of reasons something might not work when changing the Android version without optimization. Definitely it's a problem from their side or it can be incompatibility with the vendor of the device.. not all features will work as you expect them to unless it is specifically optimized for the particular device. And since we are dealing with GSIs here.. they are generic so the above scenario of optimization is really over the top as it is made for each and every device. They mostly focus on important features and leave the rest on the vendors.. if it works then yay if not then eh...
      I have a problem with brightness. It's lower than on stock. Extended brightness range doesn't help that much
      You can try another gsi such as aosp11
      [email protected] - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
      aosp with gapps also works great.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone