[11] [R] [OFFICIAL] Arrow OS - Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout)

Search This thread
logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links | Deevice Support
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
Click here to Download
Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
Read our blog article/post about:
* GAPPS and VANILLA variants
* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source:https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660

Last edited:

bbabel

Sep 26, 2012
mauriciogomez.net
I downloaded Vanilla version and realized it includes GAPPS and that Vanilla and GAPPS builds have the same weight... Is it just me or what can I do to use this rom without Google?

Reactions: Arya1230

Sbf93

Apr 17, 2018
I flashed the latest stock and then clean flashed Arrow-v11.0-jasmine_sprout-COMMUNITY-20201202-GAPPS.zip.

Sadly I encountered a mayor bug, which makes this rom useless for me right now. I can't establish a connection to any bluetooth audio device. I tried my car radio (kenwood) and my JBL Flip 5.
It seems to pair successful, but whenever I try to connect, it disconnects again.
I attached a logfile for this issue.
I deleted all paired bluetooth devices, rebooted the system, paired to the JBL and tried to connect to it. Then I created the logfile with adb.

When this issue is fixed, I will reinstall this rom again for sure. In the meantime I have to use something else. :(

Three other minor issues I encountered (without log-files):

I was unable to change the background and lock screen image from Settings > Display > Designs and Backgrounds.
I can select the image file I placed in the pictures folder, and the preview looks good, but when I apply the changes, it just reverts back to the default image.
I worked around this by opening the Gallery app, opened the picture and select the option to use it as Background and lock screen from the menu.

Wireless screen sharing is not working. It always crashs when I try to connect to a miracast device.

TWRP is not included in this rom. I failed to install it by myself.
Booting to twrp-3.3.1-0-jasmine_sprout.img from fastboot works good and the installation of
twrp-installer-3.4.0-1-jasmine_sprout.zip
or
twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-jasmine_sprout.zip
runs without errors.
But when I try to boot to the recovery after the installation, it always freezes at the TWRP loading screen.

Edit:
I found the fix for the Bluetooth-bug in the Telegram group: Enabling the option "Disable Bluetooth-A2DP-Hardware-Offload" in the developer settings did the trick. Now I can continue using this rom :)

Attachments

• log.txt
    675.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

soyuz4u

Sep 20, 2012
I flashed the latest stock and then clean flashed Arrow-v11.0-jasmine_sprout-COMMUNITY-20201202-GAPPS.zip.

Sadly I encountered a mayor bug, which makes this rom useless for me right now. I can't establish a connection to any bluetooth audio device. I tried my car radio (kenwood) and my JBL Flip 5.
It seems to pair successful, but whenever I try to connect, it disconnects again.
I attached a logfile for this issue.
I deleted all paired bluetooth devices, rebooted the system, paired to the JBL and tried to connect to it. Then I created the logfile with adb.

When this issue is fixed, I will reinstall this rom again for sure. In the meantime I have to use something else. :(

Three other minor issues I encountered (without log-files):

I was unable to change the background and lock screen image from Settings > Display > Designs and Backgrounds.
I can select the image file I placed in the pictures folder, and the preview looks good, but when I apply the changes, it just reverts back to the default image.
I worked around this by opening the Gallery app, opened the picture and select the option to use it as Background and lock screen from the menu.

Wireless screen sharing is not working. It always crashs when I try to connect to a miracast device.

TWRP is not included in this rom. I failed to install it by myself.
Booting to twrp-3.3.1-0-jasmine_sprout.img from fastboot works good and the installation of
twrp-installer-3.4.0-1-jasmine_sprout.zip
or
twrp-installer-3.3.1-0-jasmine_sprout.zip
runs without errors.
But when I try to boot to the recovery after the installation, it always freezes at the TWRP loading screen.

Edit:
I found the fix for the Bluetooth-bug in the Telegram group: Enabling the option "Disable Bluetooth-A2DP-Hardware-Offload" in the developer settings did the trick. Now I can continue using this rom :)
Open developer settings... Tap on disable Bluetooth a2dp hardware. That should fix it.... Found in on the telegram group....

Reactions: TechnoSparks
Apr 25, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate to us
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me
Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
Click here to Download
Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
Read our blog article/post about:
* GAPPS and VANILLA variants
* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source:https://github.com/IMMANUEL44/kernel_xiaomi_sdm660
Super thala

Reactions: Immanuel Raj

amidsal

May 3, 2011
I don't know if this is an issue with ArrowOS, GAPPS or the device itself but google assistant stops working after a couple hours - it doesn't answer to "Hey Google" anymore and, in some cases, it completely locks the microphone. Examples is when calling someone with whatsapp the other party can't hear; if recording a message, the message arrives with no sound. Google voice calls can't be heard by the other side.

The issues go away temporarily after a reboot but after a couple minutes/hours the problem shows up again.

Stackoverflow suggested that this command line could help identifying the offender but it doesn't seem to meaningful for Mi A2:

Code:
adb shell dumpsys audio

Code:
Audio event log: audio services lifecycle
09-05 22:27:18:616 AudioService()

Message handler (watch for unhandled messages):
  Handler (com.android.server.audio.AudioService$AudioHandler) {f35f70} @ 15928381
    Looper (AudioService, tid 88) {f53f2e9}
      (Total messages: 0, polling=true, quitting=false)

MediaFocusControl dump time: 12:41:06 PM

Audio Focus stack entries (last is top of stack):

No external focus policy

Notify on duck:  true

In ring or call: false

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hello @Immanuel Raj !

I want to clean install the ArrowOS ROM A11 which you are maintainer.

Before I had Pixel Experience Plus with Pixel Recovery so I did dirty flashing updates from there..

Now I want the TWRP recovery.
But if I remember well, some TWRPs had problems flashing them on Mi A2 jasmine (bootloops, decrypt problems because of encrypted ROMS... etc.)

Can you please tell me which TWRP I must flash that its stable and working without problems on my Mi A2 jasmine, and the exact steps please of the installation.
Because its a little messy of having A and B partitions.

Thank you very much,

Hello @Immanuel Raj !

I want to clean install the ArrowOS ROM A11 which you are maintainer.

Before I had Pixel Experience Plus with Pixel Recovery so I did dirty flashing updates from there..

Now I want the TWRP recovery.
But if I remember well, some TWRPs had problems flashing them on Mi A2 jasmine (bootloops, decrypt problems because of encrypted ROMS... etc.)

Can you please tell me which TWRP I must flash that its stable and working without problems on my Mi A2 jasmine, and the exact steps please of the installation.
Because its a little messy of having A and B partitions.

Thank you very much,
The official twrp will work so no problem.if you have any problems then do post up here ill help for sure

Reactions: dmandroid88

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
@Immanuel Raj
Finally flashed the ROM and your version of TWRP. Great Work ! ;)

TWRP recovery works only on B slot. It doesn't work on slot A ( that the ROM is installed ) so every time I go to recovery it shows me the Arrow Recovery.

An other thing is that the Google Seach Bar widget doesn go to the bottom like the image on the arrowos.net shows. Its only at the top.

How can I move it down?

Thank you

@Immanuel Raj
Finally flashed the ROM and your version of TWRP. Great Work ! ;)

TWRP recovery works only on B slot. It doesn't work on slot A ( that the ROM is installed ) so every time I go to recovery it shows me the Arrow Recovery.

An other thing is that the Google Seach Bar widget doesn go to the bottom like the image on the arrowos.net shows. Its only at the top.

How can I move it down?

Thank you
Can be done only in vanilla version I guess or maybe support isn't added or it may have been removed if am not wrong

dmandroid88

Apr 2, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Can be done only in vanilla version I guess or maybe support isn't added or it may have been removed if am not wrong
No problem. I installed Lawnchair 2 and my problem solved.

Also installed NGCam 8.2.300 v1.4.

The only thing I notice is that when you charging your phone and its charged full the LED doesnt turn off.

And also when you plug the charger when the phone is turned off there is no percentage. Only an icon. And the LED is off.

I would ask if you could do something about these in the next release but...

Reactions: Waitamin
No problem. I installed Lawnchair 2 and my problem solved.

Also installed NGCam 8.2.300 v1.4.

The only thing I notice is that when you charging your phone and its charged full the LED doesnt turn off.

And also when you plug the charger when the phone is turned off there is no percentage. Only an icon. And the LED is off.

I would ask if you could do something about these in the next release but...
1. Yeah the LED will be turned on until a power supply exist so 100% doesn't matter
2. Yeah cause we are using a different power-off charging animation so it doesn't as of now
3. ABout that LED lemme check it

Top Liked Posts