[11+] UniversalAuth: Face Unlock for all ROMs

Search This thread

ness151

Jun 28, 2010
Did you have to do anything special to make it work?
So what I did was:
1. install the latest Universal unlock
2. install this version of the faceunlockrelease apk posted on page 9 by the OP here faceunlockrelease2.apk
3. Open LDSposed, click on UniversalAuth and click the 3 dot menu, choose "recommended"
4. Open Magisk, go into the denylist, and select "Face Unlock" Then, while still in Magisk, choose "restart"
5. Go into Face Unlock, and proceeded to download the files. I then moved forward with the setup.

Last edited:

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
So what I did was:
1. install the latest Universal unlock
2. install this version of the faceunlockrelease apk posted on page 9 by the OP here faceunlockrelease2.apk
3. Open LDSposed, click on UniversalAuth and click the 3 dot menu, choose "recommended"
4. Open Magisk, go into the denylist, and select "Face Unlock" Then, while still in Magisk, choose "restart"
5. Go into Face Unlock, and proceeded to download the files. I then moved forward with the setup.
Very useful. Thanks!

Radon7

Oct 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
the face unlock app ist greyed out in my accessibility services in A13 Beta 2 on Pixel 6 pro. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Nevermind, got it working...

Last edited:

nibera

Apr 19, 2008
Hi, does it work on android 13 beta 2?

pixel 6 pro software installed:
- android 13 beta 2 unlocked bootloader and root
- magisk canary 24312 (29)
- lsposed 1.8.3 (652) - Zygisk

what do you need now to have face unlock?

Last edited:

nibera

Apr 19, 2008
hello, installed universalauth-xposed-release.apk and then faceunlock-release2.apk, I followed the instructions as described by other users, but the faccial unlock is not enabled in the accessibility menu.

Radon7

Oct 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: gururoop

nibera

Apr 19, 2008
You just go to app info for the face unlock app, then to the permissions where all permissions are listed and there should be a three dot menu at the top right corner. There you should be able to enable additional permissions. Hope that helped.
perfect now it works, thanks friend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this working for anyone in Android 13 Beta 3? Mine just shows "Looking for face..." in the lockscreen and "Welcome" but doesn't unlock the phone. I checked the settings and it is enabled in accessibility and has the permission to unlock the device. I dirty flashed Beta 3 on top of Beta 2.1 where it was working fine.
    Is this working for anyone in Android 13 Beta 3? Mine just shows "Looking for face..." in the lockscreen and "Welcome" but doesn't unlock the phone. I checked the settings and it is enabled in accessibility and has the permission to unlock the device. I dirty flashed Beta 3 on top of Beta 2.1 where it was working fine.
    Same. However, it works if I disable the "Auto dismiss lockscreen" option but now I have to swipe to dismiss the lockscreen.
    Just wanted to jump in and say Huge TY. have a pixel 6 pro, broke my screen, repaired it and yeh no fingerprint. been punching in code like a grub for ages. stumbled on this and Woo. life changed. Ty!
    dose it have method to use while wearing mask?

UniversalAuth: Face Unlock for all ROMs​

This module brings face unlock (and possibly other authentication methods) to any ROM.

face-unlock.gif

Requirements​

- Xposed/EdXposed/Lsposed
    - Android 11, 12 or 13 DP (may also work on Android 10, but not tested)

Installation​

1. Download the "universalauth-xposed-release.apk" file and install it. Enable the xposed module and reboot.
    2. Download the "faceunlock-release.apk" file and install it.
    3. A new app called "Face unlock" should now appear, open it.
    4. Allow the app to download the face unlock libraries when asked.
    5. Grant the app permission to unlock your phone when asked.
    6. Enable the accessibility service when asked.
    7. Press the "START SETUP" button to enroll your face. The app will ask you to grant it camera permissions, make sure to select "allow while using the app" if that option is available.
    8. Lock your phone and test that you are able to use face unlock!

Downloads​

Here: https://github.com/null-dev/UniversalAuth/releases/latest

Future plans​

The plan is to add more authentication methods, I'm working on Blackberry's picture password next.

Source code​

Version 1.5:
    • Attempt to fix the issues that some users are having with the accessibility service (doubt it will actually fix the issue as I have no idea why it's happening)
    • Add support for "Even faster face unlock" to Android 12L+ ROMs
    • Allow user to choose whether or not they want to bypass the lockscreen
    • Add option to hide status text on lockscreen
    Downloads have been updated on Github.

If you were having issues with the "Even faster face unlock" option, please try the new release and let me know if it's still not working.
    This is amazing. Thank you Dev!
    I work in construction and not having face unlock has been really tiresome - gloves, dirty/rough fingertips etc - This will make everyday use so much better.
    Version 1.3:

I have found out that the library files are actually available inside the "Moto Face Unlock" app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.faceunlock that Motorola is distributing publicly on Google Play.

Therefore, I have updated the app and it will now automatically download the "Moto Face Unlock" app and pull the libraries out of it.

No need to hunt around for libraries anymore.

There are no other changes in this version so no need to upgrade if you already have the libraries setup.
    Version 1.5:
    • Attempt to fix the issues that some users are having with the accessibility service (doubt it will actually fix the issue as I have no idea why it's happening)
    • Add support for "Even faster face unlock" to Android 12L+ ROMs
    • Allow user to choose whether or not they want to bypass the lockscreen
    • Add option to hide status text on lockscreen
    Downloads have been updated on Github.

If you were having issues with the "Even faster face unlock" option, please try the new release and let me know if it's still not working.
    Thank you. Working for me.
    March update with Kirisakura 2.0.1 kernel