[11+] UniversalAuth: Face Unlock for all ROMs

Search This thread

gran_lexu

Jan 21, 2013
Madrid
Working like a charm here! Xperia 5 II Stock A12.

I got java fail when donwloading libraries just fixed with "Manual Import" and selecting com.motorola... apk P6P posted a few pages back,

Thanks!

zalman1

Jun 20, 2021
- Android 11, 12 or 13 DP (may also work on Android 10, but not tested)
hi everyone I updated the phone to Android 13.
I'm trying to set up the face opening.
When I open the application faceunlock-release.apk - it asks me to download library files..
It starts downloading, but there is an error while downloading the files.
java.net.SocketTimeoutException:

Is it possible to import the files manually?
Where do I get the files from?

Or maybe it doesn't currently work with Android 13?

merxxx

Aug 17, 2022
Not working for me on P6. My fingerprint sensor doesn't work after replacing the screen and am currently stuck to using a 4 digit code. The install seemed to go fine after having to manually import the files. But there is no change at the lock screen, I still end up having to enter the code. I've tried restarting and no difference.

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
hi everyone I updated the phone to Android 13.
I'm trying to set up the face opening.
When I open the application faceunlock-release.apk - it asks me to download library files..
It starts downloading, but there is an error while downloading the files.
java.net.SocketTimeoutException:

Is it possible to import the files manually?
Where do I get the files from?

Or maybe it doesn't currently work with Android 13?
In this thread is the file you need... can't remember which post

red5pade

Apr 26, 2015
Pohong
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not working for me on P6. My fingerprint sensor doesn't work after replacing the screen and am currently stuck to using a 4 digit code. The install seemed to go fine after having to manually import the files. But there is no change at the lock screen, I still end up having to enter the code. I've tried restarting and no difference.
You need to download the moto face unlock APK and then click import. After you import it will ask you to give it accessibility access but it will probably be greyed out. Go into settings then and go to apps section and click on face unlock. Then permissions and at the top right corner it will ask to give full permission and just type in your passcode. I believe you need to give camera access and that's it but honestly I'm not sure. Now go back to the app and it will ask you again to give accessibility control and this time it won't be greyed out. It should work now. Hope that helps

Reactions: Slim2none4u

smurfmeat

Sep 23, 2013
LG V30
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You need to download the moto face unlock APK and then click import. After you import it will ask you to give it accessibility access but it will probably be greyed out. Go into settings then and go to apps section and click on face unlock. Then permissions and at the top right corner it will ask to give full permission and just type in your passcode. I believe you need to give camera access and that's it but honestly I'm not sure. Now go back to the app and it will ask you again to give accessibility control and this time it won't be greyed out. It should work now. Hope that helps
No, it still doesn't work even if you grant accessibility access, it'll stay on the lock screen with a "Welcome" message but you still have to manually unlock it, even if you have the bypass lock screen option ticked in the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim2none4u

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
This works on Android 13 but it's pretty janky: every time I unlock my screen, all the icons in my status bar are gone except for the time. I need to swipe down the notifications shade for them to reappear.

So for now, I've disabled this face unlock until it's (hopefully) fixed.

merxxx

Aug 17, 2022
I've downloaded the apk from 2 diff links, given all permissions, and uninstalled and reinstalled a second time but it's the same result. Only difference is, I don't have the 3 dots on the top right for permissions, but I've allowed all permissions I could.

zalman1

Jun 20, 2021
This works on Android 13 but it's pretty janky: every time I unlock my screen, all the icons in my status bar are gone except for the time. I need to swipe down the notifications shade for them to reappear.

So for now, I've disabled this face unlock until it's (hopefully) fixed.
Exactly what you wrote here, and I also took a screenshot.

I am using Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13.
Using Magisk root access,
with LSPosed.

1 - I installed universalauth-xposed-release.apk and verified the module in LSPosed.
2 - Next, I installed the Face Unlock APK,
3 - Then, when I opened the face unlock app, it gave me a "java.net.SocketTimeoutException:" error message, and the solution was to import the Motorola APK. And it succeeded.

4 - I disabled the setting "automatic lock screen cancellation" in the application.

And now the problems are:
- You have to swipe the screen every time to unlock the phone.
- I think it causes the screen to turn on even when the phone is in the pocket. I could not check if this is indeed the case. But I have a strong feeling that it is happening, and it is happening because of this.
- The status bar at the top of the phone disappears most of the time, and you have to scroll the notification bar from the top for the status bar to return. (video attached).

Does anyone have any idea what can be done?

Attachments

• video_2022-08-18_20-04-56.mp4
    783.5 KB · Views: 0

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
I've installed this on my Zenfone 8 (because of the poor under-scree-fingerprint reader) and it works great even in not perfect light conditions. So big thanks to the developers!

@null-dev
Would it be possible to detect if there is enough light and turn the screen white as light source, so you can even unlock in darkness? That would be perfect.
As workaround I could of course set a white lockscreen, but maybe it's just a little update to the app and this would be possible?

Reactions: zalman1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for Motorola gotting this error message
    View attachment 5720203
    Do not install, download it, in the first screenshot is showing manual import, there you choose the Motorola downloaded app and it will use it for installation of the Face unlock

UniversalAuth: Face Unlock for all ROMs​

This module brings face unlock (and possibly other authentication methods) to any ROM.

face-unlock.gif

Requirements​

- Xposed/EdXposed/Lsposed
    - Android 11, 12 or 13 DP (may also work on Android 10, but not tested)

Installation​

1. Download the "universalauth-xposed-release.apk" file and install it. Enable the xposed module and reboot.
    2. Download the "faceunlock-release.apk" file and install it.
    3. A new app called "Face unlock" should now appear, open it.
    4. Allow the app to download the face unlock libraries when asked.
    5. Grant the app permission to unlock your phone when asked.
    6. Enable the accessibility service when asked.
    7. Press the "START SETUP" button to enroll your face. The app will ask you to grant it camera permissions, make sure to select "allow while using the app" if that option is available.
    8. Lock your phone and test that you are able to use face unlock!

Downloads​

Here: https://github.com/null-dev/UniversalAuth/releases/latest

Future plans​

The plan is to add more authentication methods, I'm working on Blackberry's picture password next.

Source code​

Version 1.5:
    • Attempt to fix the issues that some users are having with the accessibility service (doubt it will actually fix the issue as I have no idea why it's happening)
    • Add support for "Even faster face unlock" to Android 12L+ ROMs
    • Allow user to choose whether or not they want to bypass the lockscreen
    • Add option to hide status text on lockscreen
    Downloads have been updated on Github.

If you were having issues with the "Even faster face unlock" option, please try the new release and let me know if it's still not working.
    This is amazing. Thank you Dev!
    I work in construction and not having face unlock has been really tiresome - gloves, dirty/rough fingertips etc - This will make everyday use so much better.
    Version 1.3:

I have found out that the library files are actually available inside the "Moto Face Unlock" app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.faceunlock that Motorola is distributing publicly on Google Play.

Therefore, I have updated the app and it will now automatically download the "Moto Face Unlock" app and pull the libraries out of it.

No need to hunt around for libraries anymore.

There are no other changes in this version so no need to upgrade if you already have the libraries setup.
    Version 1.5:
    • Attempt to fix the issues that some users are having with the accessibility service (doubt it will actually fix the issue as I have no idea why it's happening)
    • Add support for "Even faster face unlock" to Android 12L+ ROMs
    • Allow user to choose whether or not they want to bypass the lockscreen
    • Add option to hide status text on lockscreen
    Downloads have been updated on Github.

If you were having issues with the "Even faster face unlock" option, please try the new release and let me know if it's still not working.
    Thank you. Working for me.
    March update with Kirisakura 2.0.1 kernel