• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][UNOFFICIAL] DotOS 5, EAS Kernel

Search This thread

mhasadi78

Jul 16, 2021
Has anyone dirty-flashed the new August release overwriting an existing dotOS 5.1.1 (July release)? Is there any issues? I've never done this so a little nervous. I have always use clean flash method. Should I backup in case of something go wrong?

P.S. this SystemUI crash in landscape mode is almost killing me. That's why I want to upgrade in the first place.

Regards.
Do you guys really clean flash every single time a new build is available?

ivanmazepa

Jun 26, 2015
1. Same as another LOS , GPS works only in "DevOnly" mode
2. high consumption of battery resource (LoS17)
3. No Root
4. batSaving dosent work at all (TimePeriod 23-00 - 10-00 , result 53% at both modes)
5. Unable to reassign camera button
6. it is impossible to reassign the operating mode of the memory card, after the first setting

Last edited:

Tux111

1. Same as another LOS , GPS works only in "DevOnly" mode
2. high consumption of battery resource (LoS17)
3. No Root
4. batSaving dosent work at all (TimePeriod 23-00 - 10-00 , result 53% at both modes)
5. Unable to reassign camera button
6. it is impossible to reassign the operating mode of the memory card, after the first setting
1Uh no, GPS works perfectly
2 Uh definetly no, but i will change sources to see if its better next build
3 Obviously
4 Never used, but i doubt
5 Nothing i can do about it
6 thats android fault, since android 9/10, its not possible to assign microsd as internal memory anymore

ivanmazepa

Jun 26, 2015
1Uh no, GPS works perfectly
2 Uh definetly no, but i will change sources to see if its better next build
3 Obviously
4 Never used, but i doubt
5 Nothing i can do about it
6 thats android fault, since android 9/10, its not possible to assign microsd as internal memory anymore
Your denial of the real state of affairs is not a counterargument.

1. No GSP works only in stock ROM (tested in LOS16-18 +DotOS)
2. Uh defi. YES. 10-11Andr. AOSP / LOS ROM сonsume more battery life (picrelated LOS16, BatSaveOFF, DataOn)

Attachments

• photo_2021-10-15_13-31-41.jpg
    photo_2021-10-15_13-31-41.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 25

Tux111

Your denial of the real state of affairs is not a counterargument.

1. No GSP works only in stock ROM (tested in LOS16-18 +DotOS)
2. Uh defi. YES. 10-11Andr. AOSP / LOS ROM сonsume more battery life (picrelated LOS16, BatSaveOFF, DataOn)
My denial is based on facts...cause i use it daily. And cause other users are telling you that it works perfectly.

If it doesn't work, there are 3 options:

1: Some vendor files are missing and you have to flash stock rom with newflasher, then clean flash this rom (common thing, can happen with any rom);
2: Your GPS is broken. Yes, even SoC parts can die;
3: Your antenna is broken and need to be replaced.

I suggest to try with the first option. Otherwise, if you believe that your device is magical and can't be damaged, try with the option 4: wait for next release.

Reactions: jediknight23

ivanmazepa

Jun 26, 2015
1: Some vendor files are missing and you have to flash stock rom with newflasher, then clean flash this rom (common thing, can happen with any rom);
2: Your GPS is broken. Yes, even SoC parts can die;
3: Your antenna is broken and need to be replaced.
>work in DevOnlyMode

Annie, are you OK? So, Annie, are you OK? Are you OK, Annie?

Yes, even SoC parts can die;
Great story, give precedents here (modeled) or, as the Russians say, "you pizdobol"

Top Liked Posts