• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience Plus, EAS Kernel [09-10-2021]

Search This thread

p1

Nov 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Thanks a lot for ROM, it works!
But I noticed that GPS stopped working properly on the new rom (09/10/2021) compared to the previous rom. The arrow in a navigation sometimes goes forward or freezes for a few seconds (this is very annoying). The settings and programs are the same. The Installation was clean.

Tux111

But I noticed that GPS stopped working properly on the new rom (09/10/2021) compared to the previous rom. The arrow in a navigation sometimes goes forward or freezes for a few seconds (this is very annoying). The settings and programs are the same. The Installation was clean.
Curious, im using it daily and i dont have the arrow problem. Didn't tried GPS. Are you using stock or another kernel?

Andi7032

Oct 14, 2021
I have now installed PE, I want to close the phone again so far it´s possible!

Is it possible and or advisable to close the bootloader again? At starting the phone shows me a warning.
The phone is rooted now, is it possible to unroot it again?

Best regards

Tux111

I hate Mapbox, but Amazon uses it in their app for delivery.
I mean, try Maps just to see if GPS works or not. If not, reflash stock firmware with newflasher then flash this ROM.
I have now installed PE, I want to close the phone again so far it´s possible!

Is it possible and or advisable to close the bootloader again? At starting the phone shows me a warning.
The phone is rooted now, is it possible to unroot it again?

Best regards
Nope. Bootloader can't be locked again. Root? the rom doesnt root. To Root you have to flash magisk. If you flashed magisk and you have root, you can remove it with the magisk unistaller or simply reflashing the rom or just the boot.img that you can extract from the rom zip.

Reactions: p1
Tried the GPS yesterday after reading this.
Approaching a round point, I had to stop the car and wait my turn. On the phone screen, the arrow didn't stopped with the car but in the middle of intersection, waiting 🤪 Also on the highway, while the car is kept running at 100 km/h the speed on screen jumps between 92 to 106, forcing me to disable the audio speed alerts. Same location and speed issues using TomTom or Google Maps. No matter if the phone is connected to power or not (in the past I observed some keyboard errors when the phone is charged but not on this ROM version). I've seen this GPS issue in some of previous releases except September as I didn't used the GPS. On stock room, TomTom beats Google, the movement were detected right away in the good direction, not spinning the map and sometimes directing me in the opposite direction as Google Maps does on all the devices that I have used 🤬
"Dirty" flashed October release over a clean September, everything else including Google Pay and Intune works as they should.

Last edited:

Tux111

Tried the GPS yesterday after reading this.
Approaching a round point, I had to stop the car and wait my turn. On the phone screen, the arrow didn't stopped with the car but in the middle of intersection, waiting 🤪 Also on the highway, while the car is kept running at 100 km/h the speed on screen jumps between 92 to 106, forcing me to disable the audio speed alerts. Same location and speed issues using TomTom or Google Maps. No matter if the phone is connected to power or not (in the past I observed some keyboard errors when the phone is charged but not on this ROM version). I've seen this GPS issue in some of previous releases except September as I didn't used the GPS. On stock room, TomTom beats Google, the movement were detected right away in the good direction, not spinning the map and sometimes directing me in the opposite direction as Google Maps does on all the devices that I have used 🤬
"Dirty" flashed October release over a clean September, everything else including Google Pay and Intune works as they should.
So you're actually on October release and GPS doesnt work properly? If yes, wait next release or do as i suggested to some ppls on DotOS ROM: Flash stock rom with newflasher, then clean flash this rom.

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1
A few camera's options faded away by somehow, It still work imo

Screenshot_20211024-091038_Camera.png

FedeHeinrich

Oct 23, 2019
1) Wipe System/Cache/Dalvik Cache/Data, Format Data, Reboot in TWRP, flash rom and magisk if needed, done.

2) AOSP. No idea, i'm not a dev.

PS: No problem.
Hello, before doing what you said, do I have to unlock the bootloader? If yes, is there a tutorial in the forum to do this procedure? I am new, and I would like to install this system to my Sony XZ1. I really appreciate your response.

[email protected]

Mar 16, 2016
View attachment 5267245

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).
Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device.

Based on Android 11

What's working?

WiFi
RIL
Mobile Data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint Reader
NFC
Sound/Vibration

Known issues
Nothing...
You tell me :p

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

NOTE
: I'm not a developer. You're free to report bugs (with attached logcats), but don't ask me to fix problems/add features, because i'm not able to.​

Downloads:

TWRP
poplar (G8341):

https://dl.twrp.me/poplar/
poplar_dsds (G8342):
https://dl.twrp.me/poplar_dsds/

Rom Information
ROM OS Version:
Android 11 R43
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
Security patch level: 5 October 2021

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 09/10/2021

Contributors
derf elot, linckandrea, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh, javiwz

Special Thanks to @javiwz for guiding me to build the rom.
will you port the os 12 rom?

nathankaunang

Dec 29, 2015
Jember
This rom is stable and the best room for my SOV36, but problem on battery drain..battery feels drained..thank you and always eager to update, good work brother

Top Liked Posts