• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience Plus, EAS Kernel [12-9-2021]

Search This thread

Sciolism1

Jul 24, 2021
Germany
Sony Xperia XZ1
Hey there,

first a big Thank you for this Build.

It works fine, but I've 1 strange behavior:

If I Update the Google PlayStore inside the App and after restart my Phone anytime later, the Update will restore to the Image-based Build and I have to do the Update again.

Authorizations are all Set and the usual Stels: Log-Out and Clear Cache/Data didn't help. Complete Deinstall isn't possible, respectively De-/Reactivate brings the same result.

Then I've a question about TWRP, after installing your Build, have I use the Version for Xperia XZ1 or a alternative Version ? Because Bootloader was automatically locked after Flash the Build and it wasn't possible to start first time after Flash in Recovery-Mode.

Xperia XZ1 Single SIM G8341

Greetings Sciolism

Tux111

Feb 25, 2012
Biancavilla(CT)
tuxnews.it
Hey there,

first a big Thank you for this Build.

It works fine, but I've 1 strange behavior:

If I Update the Google PlayStore inside the App and after restart my Phone anytime later, the Update will restore to the Image-based Build and I have to do the Update again.

Authorizations are all Set and the usual Stels: Log-Out and Clear Cache/Data didn't help. Complete Deinstall isn't possible, respectively De-/Reactivate brings the same result.

Then I've a question about TWRP, after installing your Build, have I use the Version for Xperia XZ1 or a alternative Version ? Because Bootloader was automatically locked after Flash the Build and it wasn't possible to start first time after Flash in Recovery-Mode.

Xperia XZ1 Single SIM G8341

Greetings Sciolism
If you update the Play Store? The play store auto-update itself.

Deinstall of what?

Always suggested to use latest official TWRP. Bootloader on XZ1 can't be locked after being unlocked, so if you managed to lock it, you discovered something really special my friend. So no, your bootloader its not locked.

First of all, thanks for the July build!! Updated from April directly (no wipe) from TWRP, no issues.
So far, I would like to be able to manually choose mobile networks, it's automatically registered and there is no option to change:
Screenshot_20210725-131045_Settings.png

If the SIM is reinserted, I may have couple of seconds to disable Automatically, to scan for and manually choose a network. Rebooting or Airplane wouldn't display that.
Or there is a secret code to dial to access this, I'd like to know. Thank you!

Tux111

Feb 25, 2012
Biancavilla(CT)
tuxnews.it
First of all, thanks for the July build!! Updated from April directly (no wipe) from TWRP, no issues.
So far, I would like to be able to manually choose mobile networks, it's automatically registered and there is no option to change:
View attachment 5370431
If the SIM is reinserted, I may have couple of seconds to disable Automatically, to scan for and manually choose a network. Rebooting or Airplane wouldn't display that.
Or there is a secret code to dial to access this, I'd like to know. Thank you!
For me is working perfectly, and i have the same build so...no idea. Try clean flashing.

Sciolism1

Jul 24, 2021
Germany
Sony Xperia XZ1
If you update the Play Store? The play store auto-update itself.

Deinstall of what?

Always suggested to use latest official TWRP. Bootloader on XZ1 can't be locked after being unlocked, so if you managed to lock it, you discovered something really special my friend. So no, your bootloader its not locked.
Thanks for the reply, but you misunderstood me, maybe I've had phrased wrong. English isn't my native language.

The automatical and manuell Store-Update has been a Roll-Back, after Phone restart. Also the Store Settings are reset to Presets.
But my account is still open in the App.
It seems that the Updates are only temporarily installed.

PlayStore Update.jpg

But meanwhile I've had deactivate the App and Update it manually over an apk. Now there's no Roll-Back, so problem is solved.

The Problem with the Bootloader was, after flashing all to the Phone, I wasn't able to reboot in recovery mode. I used the HW-Key (Power/Volume-) but the Phone restart all again and the Bootloader was deactivate in the Dev's-Settings. Sure I'm further able to unlock it in the Settings. (And I know Firmware is locking TWRP, if Phone-First-Run isn't going over TWRP-Recovery.) Maybe my User Error, I'll try to flash TWRP again.

Bootloader.png

Greetings Sciolism

Last edited:

Tux111

Feb 25, 2012
Biancavilla(CT)
tuxnews.it
Thanks for the reply, but you misunderstood me, maybe I've had phrased wrong. English isn't my native language.

The automatical and manuell Store-Update has been a Roll-Back, after Phone restart. Also the Store Settings are reset to Presets.
But my account is still open in the App.
It seems that the Updates are only temporarily installed.

View attachment 5371187

But meanwhile I've had deactivate the App and Update it manually over an apk. Now there's no Roll-Back, so problem is solved.

The Problem with the Bootloader was, after flashing all to the Phone, I wasn't able to reboot in recovery mode. I used the HW-Key (Power/Volume-) but the Phone restart all again and the Bootloader was deactivate in the Dev's-Settings. Sure I'm further able to unlock it in the Settings. (And I know Firmware is locking TWRP, if Phone-First-Run isn't going over TWRP-Recovery.) Maybe my User Error, I'll try to flash TWRP again.

View attachment 5371189

Greetings Sciolism
I have the same play store app autoupdated and i have no idea how to solve it.

Yes, try reflashing twrp, maybe that solve. Ignore the oem lock, the bootloader is unlocked, even if it says the opposite.

For me is working perfectly, and i have the same build so...no idea. Try clean flashing.
Same with a clean flash, cannot choose the Network Operator with a particularly SIM card...
The menu is available for a regular SIM!
Also if this particular SIM (Fonus, for data only with no phone service) is inserted in a genuine, unlocked phone, it will show the Network operator menu...

Tux111

Feb 25, 2012
Biancavilla(CT)
tuxnews.it
Same with a clean flash, cannot choose the Network Operator with a particularly SIM card...
The menu is available for a regular SIM!
Also if this particular SIM (Fonus, for data only with no phone service) is inserted in a genuine, unlocked phone, it will show the Network operator menu...
Let's hope for the next release, but i guess its specific to your sim, otherwise everywone would blame.

Top Liked Posts

After the September update, the phone will pass the SafetyNet check and Google Pay is working again. After flashing update and Magisk, I cleared the cache and data for Google Pay and Google Play services.

I have still a problem with Android Auto not connecting (endless reconnecting), but I don't know if it worked in any build.

Thanks for your work @Tux111
    New update (with TONS of news) is up, boyz. Enjoy
    (New update is up, boyz)
    It works great as always. :giggle:
    It needs an update, it lost device certification at Google play app like dot os and others. It cannot pass safety check. Until it gets fixed I'll use dot os, no reason to use pixel experience+.
    Overall Pixel Experience Plus is a superior rom. Install magisk for root and plug-ins, like l'speed tweak for the maximum performance and its OK. It plays quite smoothly. ;)
    Hi verybody! I've installed this great ROM this morning and all works fine, my only problem is the lack of the native camera app with ultra slow motion at 960fps...Is there a way to use with this ROM?
    No. Forget it on Android 11, stock camera is not compatible.
    It needs an update, it lost device certification at Google play app like dot os and others. It cannot pass safety check. Until it gets fixed I'll use dot os, no reason to use pixel experience+.
    ? it lost nothing. I'm using it (at least, the september release that im going to post in some minutes) and says certified device.
    Hi, is it possible to implement A.O.D on this ROM?
    By the way, between DOT Os and Pixel Experience, wich one is best for games?
    Not possible, and not ...logical.
    Got used with monthly updates for this ROM 😁... Is there a September one cooking for us?
    Going to post it in some minutes ;)
    Hello.

I have installed this ROM in my Sony XZ1 (G8341) and Android Auto stoped working via usb-c. Just can`t initialize. Is it able to solve?
    No idea. Try with new september release
    Days ago I wanted to pay in a store with the phone but I was surprised to see that the intended card wasn't ready for contactless payments although I've used days before. Forgot about until now... tried to initialize the card again and:
    View attachment 5406971
    I didn't even tried to install Magisk on this ROM!
    Ah.. Maybe a month ago I've (so ways before last successful contactless payment) I've tried to login as root from adb, also I remember to try the TWRP's File Manager... It’s still certified in Playstore and Microsoft Intune says it's ok (Intune would always detect Magisk even if hidden).
    It was my actions and Google got notice days after?
    Or Google made a change since last week?
    Did someone else have the same problem?
    Thank you!
    Curious. Search if some magisk module can fool this security system, probably yes, or to start just try with the september release.

EDIT: Try with this:
    Magisk Canary + MagiskHideProps 6.02 + Riru 26.1.2 + Universal Safety Net Fix =
    Safety Net Passed. Google Pay should work this way.

EDIT2: seems like was a fix in the new september release. Now safety net works!
    download.png

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).
    Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device.

Based on Android 11

What's working?

WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile Data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint Reader
    NFC
    Sound/Vibration

Known issues
    Nothing...
    You tell me :p

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

NOTE
    : I'm not a developer. You're free to report bugs (with attached logcats), but don't ask me to fix problems/add features, because i'm not able to.​

Downloads:

TWRP
    poplar (G8341):

https://dl.twrp.me/poplar/
    poplar_dsds (G8342):
    https://dl.twrp.me/poplar_dsds/

Rom Information
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 11 R43
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
    Security patch level: 5 September 2021

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-09-12

Contributors
    derf elot, linckandrea, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh, javiwz

Special Thanks to @javiwz for guiding me to build the rom.
    New Release is up
    New update (with TONS of news) is up, boyz. Enjoy
    Confirmed! Actually I like PEP Camera photos more that previous Stock

Stock PEP is good enough

Thanks for new ROM in my mother's Sony Xperia ZX1
    These little thanks are better than any donation.
    New PE UP, Boyz