[11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience Plus, EAS Kernel [18-12-2021]

Search This thread

nunziodib

Apr 26, 2021
This mean (afaik) that every good camera app (no idea if snap is a good app, im not a photographer) in any custom roms should shoot the same as sony stock firmware (obviously, compared to stock, you should lost something like night photos quality that btw were bad on stock and some others sony algorithms included in TA partition)
Great! Really glad to read this. I know unfortunely old Sony devices aren't so good in lowlight conditions. It's really a shame that gcam doesn't work on them, it would have given a big upgrade. BTW thank you so much for reply!

Reactions: Tux111

nunziodib

Apr 26, 2021
Nope. Banking apps work even if the smartphone is not rooted. But if you decide to unlock root permissions you can use them with Magisk anyway ;)
Just one more question. Do you feel safe using custom ROMs in general? I mean, how you can say that in a ROM there isn't a backdoor throught wich someone could steal all your data? I'm new to xda community and custom ROMs, so I'm just asking...

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Just one more question. Do you feel safe using custom ROMs in general? I mean, how you can say that in a ROM there isn't a backdoor throught wich someone could steal all your data? I'm new to xda community and custom ROMs, so I'm just asking...
For custom ROMs the source code is usually available, as is the case with this ROM. So everyone with some programming knowledge would be able to detect such a backdoor. And if you're not sure whether the binary build is from the given source code, you could still build the ROM yourselves using the code. Of course there is no 100% security, but there could be backdoors in commercial firmwares too. And for such firmwares there is not even the chance to look at the code. So, personally, I feel safe using custom ROMs.

Personally, as Etchelion said, i feel safer using a ROM like this than something like MIUI etc, considering here good part of the source code is free and available to everyone. Surely, some things are closed, like some Google things (some gapps code, probably some Android/Qualcomm components too), but i mean, then you should not trust Google but, honestly, do you really think Google care about me or you? The time you wrote the post, probably Google made like 2-3 millions from domains only.

Last edited:
Reactions: TriboDoP

amarushaku

Sep 12, 2020
OnePlus 10 Pro
there are some problems with the sensor and the responsiveness of the screen (it is too strong and inconvenient for this). Well, some aspects of the launcher like jamming buttons have not been resolved either.

there are some problems with the sensor and the responsiveness of the screen (it is too strong and inconvenient for this). Well, some aspects of the launcher like jamming buttons have not been resolved either.
As i said at thread start, im not a developer. I can only update the rom and hope it will fix in next releases, otherwise, nothing i can do about that (btw, im using rom and i dont see problems about that). What you mean with jamming buttons?

amarushaku

Sep 12, 2020
OnePlus 10 Pro
As i said at thread start, im not a developer. I can only update the rom and hope it will fix in next releases, otherwise, nothing i can do about that (btw, im using rom and i dont see problems about that). What you mean with jamming buttons?
Yes, I read your mention, I have no complaints about you, I just laid out the problem to attract attention. Navigation buttons (home and back) sometimes stop working. Locking and unlocking helps.

lervoivinguoi

May 17, 2021
I just flashed rom version 13-5.
I get some errors like this:
1. Did not receive the message.
2. When installing the application in CH play, it says that the memory is full, even though my memory is free.
3. Do not open the camera.
Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks you

Yes, I read your mention, I have no complaints about you, I just laid out the problem to attract attention. Navigation buttons (home and back) sometimes stop working. Locking and unlocking helps.
I remember having a similar problem with buttons on old releases (or even old los), but i'm using it and i never have it. Wich version do you have? Single SIM? Dual?

amarushaku

Sep 12, 2020
OnePlus 10 Pro
I'll try to build the rom differently for next month update. That, in theory, should solve the problem. Please wait while my HDD suicide and let me know if next month build works perfectly or not (mine, on single SIM, works like a rocked).
Of course, I check the topic every day. Any feedback will be here immediately after the update is released. I'm waiting for the soonest update

Reactions: Tux111
I use TWRP to flash and have wipe Dalvik cache, system, cache, data.
I don't understand why mine is like this.
Try to install it formatting data (so, the wipes, Format data, reboot to recovery, install rom, magisk if needed, reboot). If this doesnt solve, wait next update, ill try to build it in a different way. Please remember formatting data will delete everything inside the phone (so bye bye photos/videos/chats/music etc).

lervoivinguoi

May 17, 2021
Try to install it formatting data (so, the wipes, Format data, reboot to recovery, install rom, magisk if needed, reboot). If this doesnt solve, wait next update, ill try to build it in a different way. Please remember formatting data will delete everything inside the phone (so bye bye photos/videos/chats/music etc).
OK! Thank you!
When will there be a new update?

Top Liked Posts