• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience Plus, EAS Kernel [18-12-2021]

Search This thread
Does anyone else have problems with Play Store switching to "auto update apps when on wifi" by itself when set not to auto update?! It's killing me.
me too, since always... but only when phone is restarted. I just turn off the Wi-Fi before restarting (to avoid auto-updating unnecessary apps like Pixel buds). After restart I'll turn off the auto-updates and so on... Luckily I do not need to restart the phone very often, actually it may happen once in a month or twice, usually when applying an update 😁

Igor860607

Jul 25, 2021
I assume you're sure that NFC hardware is functional on stock ROM for you; you have the proper version of TWRP from which you already did a "clean" install of the proper version of Pixel Experience Plus for your device from post #2..
the firmware from sony nfc also did not work, and now after installing magic and modules for it, the nfc checkbox is also not active

The following story may not fit here. If so, admins should move it in an appropriate section or removed completely if is judged useless.

In my case I've started this Pixel Experience journey with a device that won't charge anymore also with mobile signal always weak since the beginning, still in warranty but not interested to ship it in Northern Europe for that. Googling for possible solutions, first I've found some youtubes about opening the phone which I didn't do as years ago I ended with a cracked screen on a Samsung 4.... I decided instead to close my eyes while applying a strong pressure on screen, in that point seen in videos where the charging port connects to the motherboard... I heard a "click"! and wasn't the screen 🥳 the phone started charging also no more signal issues!!

So, now I have a spare phone, perfectly looking and working but a bit outdated with his Android 8. I've found Sony's page for unlocking the bootloader with their statement about theirs contribution for the Android community 👏 and then this particular community ❤️
At one moment I thought I bricked the phone definitely so I've flashed a stock ROM. I saw then a counter showing how many times I flashed this phone, was already some 28 times at that moment only 😁... Not necessarily because I was pleased doing so but maybe because I didn't took my time to fully read and understand what I was about to do. When a lot of people were happy here and me not, I've realized I had a RTFM problem 😄

Today I'm as happy as possible still using this phone. I'm not thinking buying a new one soon as this one is doing well everything I'm asking to do for me (except cooking 😁 ).

Thinking about how many of us decide to reuse "obsolete" devices and not trashing them and buying new ones every year or two... Sony is doing a great job for the environment by making devices that can be used for many years and officially allowing bootloader unlock. But it wouldn't be enough without people investing their time and money to develop these custom ROMs! And without everyone of you, deciding not to walk the easy way (trash old phone and buy a new one) but instead to invest your time to read, try, posting about issues and keep running an old phone! Thanks to everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: Tux111

nathankaunang

Dec 29, 2015
Jember
www.youtube.com
The following story may not fit here. If so, admins should move it in an appropriate section or removed completely if is judged useless.

In my case I've started this Pixel Experience journey with a device that won't charge anymore also with mobile signal always weak since the beginning, still in warranty but not interested to ship it in Northern Europe for that. Googling for possible solutions, first I've found some youtubes about opening the phone which I didn't do as years ago I ended with a cracked screen on a Samsung 4.... I decided instead to close my eyes while applying a strong pressure on screen, in that point seen in videos where the charging port connects to the motherboard... I heard a "click"! and wasn't the screen 🥳 the phone started charging also no more signal issues!!

So, now I have a spare phone, perfectly looking and working but a bit outdated with his Android 8. I've found Sony's page for unlocking the bootloader with their statement about theirs contribution for the Android community 👏 and then this particular community ❤️
At one moment I thought I bricked the phone definitely so I've flashed a stock ROM. I saw then a counter showing how many times I flashed this phone, was already some 28 times at that moment only 😁... Not necessarily because I was pleased doing so but maybe because I didn't took my time to fully read and understand what I was about to do. When a lot of people were happy here and me not, I've realized I had a RTFM problem 😄

Today I'm as happy as possible still using this phone. I'm not thinking buying a new one soon as this one is doing well everything I'm asking to do for me (except cooking 😁 ).

Thinking about how many of us decide to reuse "obsolete" devices and not trashing them and buying new ones every year or two... Sony is doing a great job for the environment by making devices that can be used for many years and officially allowing bootloader unlock. But it wouldn't be enough without people investing their time and money to develop these custom ROMs! And without everyone of you, deciding not to walk the easy way (trash old phone and buy a new one) but instead to invest your time to read, try, posting about issues and keep running an old phone! Thanks to everyone!!
maybe update on december 😁

perosmc

Nov 24, 2016
Any news here? Google devices started receiving 12L yesterday so I suppose we can hope for a new 11 build here, or 12 stable.

Tux111

maybe update on december 😁
May come. I saw some news on github, tomorrow i'll check and if there is a new build, i'll build and upload it.
Any news here? Google devices started receiving 12L yesterday so I suppose we can hope for a new 11 build here, or 12 stable.
It's not like Google release 12 and puf, the rom is here. Doesn't work like this. There are tons of devs behind every rom tree that need to make/adapt/createfrom0/port before something like a new major android version come alive, otherwise every device would have every single major update.

perosmc

Nov 24, 2016
May come. I saw some news on github, tomorrow i'll check and if there is a new build, i'll build and upload it.

It's not like Google release 12 and puf, the rom is here. Doesn't work like this. There are tons of devs behind every rom tree that need to make/adapt/createfrom0/port before something like a new major android version come alive, otherwise every device would have every single major update.
Thanks for answering. We're here waiting anyway. ;):coffee:

... and what this may be?
Screenshot_20211217-185553_Google_Play_services.png
When occurred I hadn't time for such fun and I've choose 'later'... I don't think is about Play store apps updates as they are done daily.

alessiof89

Sep 2, 2012
Vicenza (Italy)
Well, I think it's time for me to update. I still use build with july security patch 😄

Update: Ok. I have installed last build. Everything's ok.

Last edited:
  • Haha
"Dirty flashed" over October release, which was flashed over a clean September -> no complaints so far 👌
Probably due to the way I have updated... 😁 now there is a problem with the work profile: first observed that Outlook woun't launch and the Edge browser said it cannot load the side certificate as "the device operating system isn't compatible"... So, removed the work profile and tried to create again but will never end. I didn't had this issue in October... but at that time I think I had different PINs for Personal and Work profiles and I was able to decrypt both of them when flashed the update in TWRP. It looks a "clean update" should be tried to reestablish the work profile :) Everything else, including Google Pay and Netflix still works.

x751sa

Aug 21, 2018
Sorry for my bad English.

For a functioning voltage and voltwifi etc. you need a German version.

your version doesn't work for me.

Top Liked Posts