[12.01.2009][WWE] cmEX absolute TOUCH (SYS|XIP 21109) with Landscape workaround

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
cmEX absolute TOUCH - ENGLISH
CE OS 5.2.21109 - BUILD 21109.1.6.0

--------------------------------------------

Description
This ROM is basically identical with my other ROM, but comes with Manila3D and a workaround for landscape mode with Manila. The idea for the workaround originally came from mbarvian here, for QVGA devices running Manila2D. First I simply wanted to adapt this for TF3D and WVGA, but since there are some differences to Manila2D I had to change some other things too - which is a good thing. Because of the changes that were necessary, this version is fully compatible with the X1-Panels and is MUCH faster than the original workaround using rltoday only.

So how does it work?
Mortscript is running in background and checking for the landscape switch. If the screen is rotated, secondtoday is brought forward as the active window (running all the time with rltoday as plugin) and shows the landscape few known from the Touch Pro. When changing back to portrait mode, secondtoday is hidden again. Secondtoday won't show up in the default Taskmanager.

YouTube:

--------------------------------------------

What you get [new items in red]:
- CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.1.5.0)
- Manila 3D with landscape
- HTC YouTube Client
- HTC Album
- HTC Social Networks Engine
- Windows Live
- VOIP
- Internet Explorer 6
- Jetcet Print 5
- Enlarged Startmenu
- Enlarged Titlebar
- Blackstone Phone
- Panels (Default, Media Panel, Radio Panel, Google Panel)
- NetCF 3.5
- MP3 Trimmer
- Blackstone Radio
- HTC ZIP
- Google Maps
- Blackstone keyboard
- hTorch v3.2
- Advanced Config
- % Battery
- Some systemtweaks
- and much more ...

Downloadlinks in third post.

Last edited:

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
*gasp* a landcape workaround! Oh my gawd! Where is the darn download link!? :D
Also, will you be sharing the workaround as a seperate CAB?
There are several ROM's that use TF3D as well as standalone CABs that would greatly benefit from this.
A question that does come to mind - isn't it possible to run it on top of TF3D instead of actually disabling TF3D?
By the looks of it a separate application is executed. Does it use the skin files as found in the windows folder, from TF3D?

Another thing that I can't really figure out; what is the major difference between this ROM and for instance Itje's touch Experience?
Ofcourse you each add different progs and perhaps some tweaks, but aren't they - in essence - alike?

Last edited:

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Downloadlinks coming soon.

Well, the main difference at the moment is - as far as I can see - I am using a newer SYS and XIP version than itje is. Of course that might change as he releases new versions.

Seperate CAB will be provided.

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Very promising. Great work on adapting mbarvian's work.

What I would like to know as well, did you integrate any known-to-work performance fixes? For instance tnyttn's SD booster, or perhaps some new drivers?

Finally, UC support? ^^

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
No, I didn't include any "perdormance fixes" as I'm not convinced it makes any difference and I'm quite happy with the performance.

I did include UC, but didn't set up a config.txt myself to test it. However - I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
No, I didn't include any "perdormance fixes" as I'm not convinced it makes any difference and I'm quite happy with the performance.

I did include UC, but didn't set up a config.txt myself to test it. However - I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Alright. As far as performance fixes go; it seems very logical to me that increasing some allocated memory here and there can speed up the device. But Xperiatweak can do that, so that aside. tnyynt's SD TuneUP has been proven useful though, increasing SD read from 2mb to ~18mb per second.

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Well, I did include some tweaks which have proven useful, like changing file system cache, filter size and glyph size. SDTune etc. can easily be installed by CAB.

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Great, I'll be waiting for the release! After reading into the manila landscape fix a bit, I understand it basically turns off touchflow and then starts a modified touchflow that only shows the landscape menu. Upon going back into portrait mode, the other way around.

It still leaves one question unanswered though, does it use the standard manila blackstone landscape skin? If so, I'm going to include that in the skin I'm making! (already have the skin files)

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
No, thats not exactly the way it is working.

When switching to landscape, the TouchFlo3D todayplugin is turned off and rltoday is turned on. So, if you want to change the skin, you have to edit the png's of the rltoday skin.

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Just came across an annoying bug. Don't know why this occurs now, but when switching to landscape mode, the creen is redrawn to portrait. Don't know why this didn't happen before and will figure this out later today. Have ask for your patience on this to hopefully solve this.

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Okay guys, looking good. Had to change the way the script works and use secondtoday instead of rltoday alone. One big gain from this workaround is, that manila doesn't need to be reloaded, because it always stays activated. This means, the whole process is nearly as fast as with the original Manila3D on Touch Pro.

Will release the ROM later today. First have to wrap this up properly.

Last edited: