Search This thread

Dagabix

Dec 22, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 10T 12.1.1.0.RJDMIXM

I experienced the following issues after recently updating to Android 11. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. I can no longer side load any app.

APK installation fails every time whether it's attempted on the phone or via ADB. I tried everything I could find online short of disabling MIUI optimization, as I'd prefer not to suffer the pain of resetting permissions (again). Has anyone successfully restored side load functionality in Android 11 by disabling MIUI optimization?

It may instead be related to something Google introduced with Android 11 called app integrity, which apparently makes it more difficult (hopefully not impossible) to install apps from sources other than the Play store. If this is the culprit, does anyone know of a workaround that doesn't involve me having to root my phone (too much hassle/risk for my liking), or reverting to Android 10 (assuming that's possible)?

2. MX Player keeps crashing after a few seconds of video playback.

I'm not sure whether this is a fault of MX Player, MIUI or Android 11. It's the latest version and worked just fine before the update.

3. BlackPlayer keeps hanging whenever I open it.

I'm not sure whether this is a fault of BlackPlayer, MIUI or Android 11. It's the latest version and worked just fine before the update.

chisnz

Sep 29, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I updated my Mi10T Pro to Android 11 with that version through OTA. After multiple reboots all sorts of weird things were still happening and I wasn't happy using the phone. The things you describe are the sort of problems I had - though not those things specifically.

I the end I figured I had no choice but to do a Factory Reset. Yes, it was a painful process re-authenticating into most apps, but since then the phone has been completely stable and no issues, including easy sideloading.

Reactions: Dagabix

Dagabix

Dec 22, 2020
Neither of these three issues were solved by performing a factory reset, unfortunately.

Although, it turns out that if you uninstall 'MIUI security components' (com.miui.guardprovider) when debloating – something I believe Xiaomi introduced with this version of MIUI – you lose the ability to side load. Leaving it alone retains the ability to install from unknown sources.

So at least that's fixed!

Dagabix

Dec 22, 2020
New problem. Starting with this version of MIUI, if you allow an app to display permanent notifications, they'll be shown on the lock screen even if you've disabled lock screen notifications. I suppose this will get fixed in a future update.

abhipanthi

Oct 19, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
For Mx player issue.. Temporary fix is every time you open it, after opening go to the mx player app info and force stop it then open mx player again. You'll be able to play videos normally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi Mi 10T 12.1.1.0.RJDMIXM

I experienced the following issues after recently updating to Android 11. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. I can no longer side load any app.

APK installation fails every time whether it's attempted on the phone or via ADB. I tried everything I could find online short of disabling MIUI optimization, as I'd prefer not to suffer the pain of resetting permissions (again). Has anyone successfully restored side load functionality in Android 11 by disabling MIUI optimization?

It may instead be related to something Google introduced with Android 11 called app integrity, which apparently makes it more difficult (hopefully not impossible) to install apps from sources other than the Play store. If this is the culprit, does anyone know of a workaround that doesn't involve me having to root my phone (too much hassle/risk for my liking), or reverting to Android 10 (assuming that's possible)?

2. MX Player keeps crashing after a few seconds of video playback.

I'm not sure whether this is a fault of MX Player, MIUI or Android 11. It's the latest version and worked just fine before the update.

3. BlackPlayer keeps hanging whenever I open it.

I'm not sure whether this is a fault of BlackPlayer, MIUI or Android 11. It's the latest version and worked just fine before the update.
    I updated my Mi10T Pro to Android 11 with that version through OTA. After multiple reboots all sorts of weird things were still happening and I wasn't happy using the phone. The things you describe are the sort of problems I had - though not those things specifically.

I the end I figured I had no choice but to do a Factory Reset. Yes, it was a painful process re-authenticating into most apps, but since then the phone has been completely stable and no issues, including easy sideloading.