---

Info:

Android version 12.1 (12L)
July 2022 patch
Tested on A217F & Dual SIM working
GApps included so you don't have to flash them

Part 1 - Unlocking bootloader:
Skip this if you've already done it.

1. Enable Developer Options, go to OEM Unlocking and turn it on.
2. Plug in phone to PC, restart the phone and right when it turns off, keep holding VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP till you see the Download Mode
3. Hold VOLUME UP to enter Bootloader Unlock mode
4. Press VOLUME UP to accept, and let the phone restart and erase
* To check if it worked, head back to Download mode and check if "OEM LOCK" is "OFF"

Part 2 - Flash recovery:

1. Download Odin and recovery U7/recovery U6/recovery U5
2. Put device to Download Mode (Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN while plugging in phone to PC)
3. Open Odin and hit AP and select recovery file
4. (optional) go to Options tab and untick Auto Reboot
5. Hit start
* If it fails with error "Only official binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)", then boot device up, connect to internet, and then change Date to some time ago like January 5th 2022

Part 3 - Flash the ROM:

1. Download and Extract the ROM
2. Download the kernel
3. Download and Extract platform-tools (ADB and Fastboot)
4. Open up Command Prompt and cd into platform-tools folder
5. Plug in phone to PC, restart or turn off phone and hold VOLUME UP + POWER for about 5 seconds. You should enter Lineage Recovery.
6. Tap Advanced, then Enter Fastboot
7. Type in command prompt "fastboot flash system " and drag the ROM .img file and hit enter. This should take around 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Exit Fastboot mode on the phone and go to Apply Update, Apply from ADB
9. Type in command prompt "adb sideload " and drag the kernel .zip file and hit enter. Press Yes when the phone asks to.
10. Reboot the phone.

Notes:
* DO NOT APPLY A SCREEN LOCK, or else the settings app will crash along with the setup wizard, and if you do it from settings you won't be able to change it, disable it or enable fingerprint unlock
* SuperSU root is pre-installed so you can 'adb sideload ' the UPDATE-unSU.zip from recovery, then 'adb sideload ' the Magisk apk attached below ("app-debug.apk") after renaming it to .zip

Credits:
@physwizz for kernel
Kernel source https://github.com/physwizz?tab=repositories
@phhusson for GSI ROM

Good luck!

Attachments

• app-debug.apk
    16.2 MB · Views: 336
Reactions: nxs_neo

RestlessGoose

Aug 28, 2022
Why you don't Look on my thread?
Hi,
I have tried the GSI you linked in your guide but it just gave me a bootloop similar to many other guides, including the Samsung PixelExperience Android 12.0 GSI further down in the comments. So after I did my own research and tries I put together this guide with the resources I used to make the device work.

salmonfall99

Oct 25, 2022
Hi,
I have tried the GSI you linked in your guide but it just gave me a bootloop similar to many other guides, including the Samsung PixelExperience Android 12.0 GSI further down in the comments. So after I did my own research and tries I put together this guide with the resources I used to make the device work.
thank you for all the effort made to give us an amazing experience I have a question when can we expect a stable version

nxs_neo

Jan 16, 2023
Hi I did all the steps and it is stuck on boot screen showing Samsung Galaxy A21s.
I used u8 lineage recovery.

shottiemodder

Apr 4, 2021
Hi, i do all the steps in the tutorial and use the u8 bootloader and recovery that Kevonism has uploaded. But after the install via adb sideload it goes in a bootloop (with kernel flash). Could someone help me out?
My discord is: cristiano#0717

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---
    Disclaimer: This will void warranty.

You will need to unlock bootloader.

*All your data will be lost*
    ---

Info:

Android version 12.1 (12L)
    July 2022 patch
    Tested on A217F & Dual SIM working
    GApps included so you don't have to flash them

Part 1 - Unlocking bootloader:
    Skip this if you've already done it.

1. Enable Developer Options, go to OEM Unlocking and turn it on.
    2. Plug in phone to PC, restart the phone and right when it turns off, keep holding VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP till you see the Download Mode
    3. Hold VOLUME UP to enter Bootloader Unlock mode
    4. Press VOLUME UP to accept, and let the phone restart and erase
    * To check if it worked, head back to Download mode and check if "OEM LOCK" is "OFF"

Part 2 - Flash recovery:

1. Download Odin and recovery U7/recovery U6/recovery U5
    2. Put device to Download Mode (Hold VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN while plugging in phone to PC)
    3. Open Odin and hit AP and select recovery file
    4. (optional) go to Options tab and untick Auto Reboot
    5. Hit start
    * If it fails with error "Only official binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)", then boot device up, connect to internet, and then change Date to some time ago like January 5th 2022

Part 3 - Flash the ROM:

1. Download and Extract the ROM
    2. Download the kernel
    3. Download and Extract platform-tools (ADB and Fastboot)
    4. Open up Command Prompt and cd into platform-tools folder
    5. Plug in phone to PC, restart or turn off phone and hold VOLUME UP + POWER for about 5 seconds. You should enter Lineage Recovery.
    6. Tap Advanced, then Enter Fastboot
    7. Type in command prompt "fastboot flash system " and drag the ROM .img file and hit enter. This should take around 3 to 5 minutes.
    8. Exit Fastboot mode on the phone and go to Apply Update, Apply from ADB
    9. Type in command prompt "adb sideload " and drag the kernel .zip file and hit enter. Press Yes when the phone asks to.
    10. Reboot the phone.

Notes:
    * DO NOT APPLY A SCREEN LOCK, or else the settings app will crash along with the setup wizard, and if you do it from settings you won't be able to change it, disable it or enable fingerprint unlock
    * SuperSU root is pre-installed so you can 'adb sideload ' the UPDATE-unSU.zip from recovery, then 'adb sideload ' the Magisk apk attached below ("app-debug.apk") after renaming it to .zip

Credits:
    @physwizz for kernel
    Kernel source https://github.com/physwizz?tab=repositories
    @phhusson for GSI ROM

Good luck!