[12.1][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

husam212

Nov 13, 2008
Amman
Have to correct my initial statement: It works! But the "reading zone" of the OnePlus 5 is extremely narrow compared to my currently used OnePlus 7T. For the OnePlus 5, you have to use the very top back part and be a bit patient.

Thank you to the other two positive observations making me doubt my initial test!
Probably the issue I'm facing is hardware then, I might switch back to stock just to double check if I got enough time to do that.

Chris576

May 2, 2015
I made a clean flash and for now all seems to work. Just one thing, I usually use split screen with los 18 but on los 19 the split screen isn't present. Is it an oversight or the split screen is just not present on android 12 ?

DEF0902

Nov 25, 2016
I have successfully installed 19.1 on my op5t
all is good
EXCEPT
i can see my photos via Google (Nikgapps actually)
but other gallery apps gont show any of my photos

I think it amy be the thing called meddia management
But I dont understand it and I have not found a way to understand the issue nor have I gotten anything except Google PHOTOS to show my photos

Can someone guide me please?

LV198

Jul 16, 2017
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 5
Does anyone else have a problem with gesture navigation and launcher? Sometimes when using the home gesture, the Homescreen freezes or when using the recent apps gesture, recent apps does not load correctly...

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
I was happy with official lineage support unfortunately phone led started bleeding, now the phone's 25% screen is damaged. replacement screen would cost 6k, I am now forced to a move on to pixel 6.

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
TWRP isn't working to decrypt on LOS 19.1
How the OTA updates will be processed without a fully functional TWRP?
No clue what the technical background is but - as I have read also before somewhere on the forum here - this is no issue. Also proven this morning by installing OTA update 220530 without issues using LineageOS recovery.

Only "issue" I observed related to updates was that export of the ROM was only possible after update and reboot. Before, the updater app was crashing when selecting the export function after downloading. Also mentioned as fixed: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Updater/+/331736/

Last edited:

CrUsHoR

Feb 20, 2022
OnePlus 5
No clue what the technical background is but - as I have read also before somewhere on the forum here - this is no issue. Also proven this morning by installing OTA update 220530 without issues using LineageOS recovery.

Only "issue" I observed related to updates was that export of the ROM was only possible after update and reboot. Before, the updater app was crashing when selecting the export function after downloading. Also mentioned as fixed: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Updater/+/331736/
I had the same problem as gueszman this morning. Tried to update from the first 19.1 build to the second with TWRP 3.5.2 and the update stuck in the TWRP starting screen. Had to update TWRP with fastboot to 3.6.1, then it worked without a problem. Luckily without a wipe

Reactions: js-xda

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
I had the same problem as gueszman this morning. Tried to update from the first 19.1 build to the second with TWRP 3.5.2 and the update stuck in the TWRP starting screen. Had to update TWRP with fastboot to 3.6.1, then it worked without a problem. Luckily without a wipe
In that case, it appears to be rather an issue with TWRP than the decryption (as also LineageOS recovery can't access the filesystem other than on other phones). With LineageOS recovery, it works but lacking the advanced functionality of TWRP.

fiskmaas

Oct 27, 2010
So I upgraded from 18.1 and now it's just stuck on the logo. I'm trying to get into TWRP recovery but it won't take my encryption key, it has changed for some reason. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Ok I didn't realize sideloading still worked. Sideloaded it with Gapps and works now.

Edit2: So the Google apps seem to crash. All but Google Store. I sideloaded both 19.1 upgrade and Gapps v. 12 following each other. Did I miss something?

Edit3: So I'm stuck booting (just pushing power button) into TWRP and TRWP (3.5.2_9-0) is frozen on loading screen. Did I **** up something? Can I force it into system somehow? (Power + Vol up options not working, just goes into TWRP)

Last edited:

panhansx

Jun 7, 2015
TWRP isn't working to decrypt on LOS 19.1
How the OTA updates will be processed without a fully functional TWRP?
Do you mean TWRP can't read the user data because of the unlock pattern doesnt work properly? I simply push the cancel button when asked for the pattern and the update worked.
I just stay with twrp because it packed the rooted boot image automatically. I wish I could pass safetynet without an open bootloader and root.
Is there a way to use magisk and the lineage recovery without installing magisk after every update?

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
So I upgraded from 18.1 and now it's just stuck on the logo. I'm trying to get into TWRP recovery but it won't take my encryption key, it has changed for some reason. Am I missing something here?

Edit: Ok I didn't realize sideloading still worked. Sideloaded it with Gapps and works now.

Edit2: So the Google apps seem to crash. All but Google Store. I sideloaded both 19.1 upgrade and Gapps v. 12 following each other. Did I miss something?

Edit3: So I'm stuck booting (just pushing power button) into TWRP and TRWP (3.5.2_9-0) is frozen on loading screen. Did I **** up something? Can I force it into system somehow?
I would consider upgrading to latest TWRP as first step.

fiskmaas

Oct 27, 2010
I would consider upgrading to latest TWRP as first step.
Thanks. Yeah, my thoughts too. Is it possible at all from where I'm at though? All it does is freeze on TWRP loading screen.

Edit: Device is showing up as 'recovery' when I do 'adb devices'. I can't sideload anything.

Last edited:

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks. Yeah, my thoughts too. Is it possible at all from where I'm at though? All it does is freeze on TWRP loading screen.

Edit: Device is showing up as 'recovery' when I do 'adb devices'. I can't sideload anything.
Have you tried bootloader / fastboot as for the inital move from stock to custom recovery?

Reactions: fiskmaas

Top Liked Posts