[12.1][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

CrUsHoR

Feb 20, 2022
OnePlus 5
My device often crashes (cause of overheating maybe? The back and display gets pretty warm) when charging. It doesn't matter if it's charging with dash charger + cable or some third party accessories. It just shuts down while using it, sometimes even when untouched during charging. This definitely didn't happen with OOS, it also did it while LOS 18 was installed. Does someone have similar issues?

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
Got another question. I followed the instructions to use LOS Recovery, my question is, do we HAVE TO use LOS recovery?

Can I flash LOS via something like TWRP?

Ssmiles

Nov 19, 2015
France
UPDATE lineage 19.1 ADB OnePlus5 Cheeseburger Encrypt WINDOWS

1) Reboot into TWRP recovery
2) Flash lineage-19.1-20220704-recovery-cheeseburger.img
3) Reboot into lineage recovery
4) Apply update
5) Apply from ADB
6) Copy paste lineage-19.1-20220704-nightly-cheeseburger-signed.zip and Magisk- v25.1.zip and twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v5.img files in adb folder in C:\adb
7) Open CMD in administrator mode
8) cd C:\adb
9) adb devices
10) adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220704-nightly-cheeseburger-signed.zip
11) adb sideload Magisk-v25.1.zip (if error force install)
12) Reboot OnePlus 5

Install TWRP Recovery FASTBOOT WINDOWS

13) Reboot in fastboot mode
14) Open CMD in administrator mode
15) cd C:\adb
16) fastboot devices
17) fastboot flash recovery twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v5.img
18) Always from fastboot mode on the OnePlus 5 reboot in recovery mode

TWRP is back ;-)​

To be redone with each lineage 19.1 update to keep the TWRP recovery mode

Last edited:

giddie

Apr 20, 2012
Birmingham
Hmmm, I don't have an option for System Navigation, the only thing I got is Touchscreen Gestures, quick camera, one hand mode, press and hold power button and prevent ring.

I am using GAPPS mindthegapps, not sure if that has something to do with it.
I'm using MindTheGapps and using navigation gestures. Weird that it's not there for you.

xdauser003

Jan 13, 2020
and having just upgraded that because i could, it would appear the answer re decryption remains a solid no 🙁
Anyone know if just using the OTA update and using LOS recovery would decrypt since TWRP doesnt? Been a while since ive played with adb sideloading and would like to avoid that if possible. Would that even fix this encrypted issue? Is LOS recovery somehow worse than TWRP? I just recall from forever ago that TWRP was the "good" one and have stuck with it all this time

giddie

Apr 20, 2012
Birmingham
Anyone know if just using the OTA update and using LOS recovery would decrypt since TWRP doesnt? Been a while since ive played with adb sideloading and would like to avoid that if possible. Would that even fix this encrypted issue? Is LOS recovery somehow worse than TWRP? I just recall from forever ago that TWRP was the "good" one and have stuck with it all this time
I haven't honestly tried it myself, but I'm wondering why Lineage Recovery would decrypt? TWRP uses this for backup, file management etc..., which are quite advanced functions. I'm not sure Lineage Recovery offers that anyway, so I suspect it doesn't even try to decrypt.

scruffy1

my use pattern means that if i am keen for backup, anything that google doesn't already keep for me - addresses and phone numbers essentially, is my worry

as such, i can throw the folders across en masse via usb if i am concerned, but unlike possibly most smart phone users, my oneplus is mostly a phone, and secondarily a music player and a means of video calls

i use the camera for convenience sometimes, but serious photos are using my sony rx100

web browsing and mail on a small screen is sh!t when you are old and presybyopic, unless i wear one of a pair of glasses that make me choose between seeing the world or being able to see a small screen - and in truth, i don't actually spend any time staring at a phone - it's more a convenient lstening and talking device with a nice interface to make that easy as possible (meaning lineage, because it is simple, consistent and ergonomic)

Badtz-Maru

Aug 13, 2016
Hello, so I flashed in the following order on Oneplus 5 cheeseburger

- Flash via Fastboot twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v4.img https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197177781
- Flash lineage-19.1-20220606-nightly-cheeseburger-signed.zip
- Flash MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip
- Flash Magisk v25
- Reboot

Thanks very much! I almost went insane because TWRP was always encrypted

Reittis

Dec 20, 2014
Has anyone managed to install FlameGApps ROM via Lineage OS 19 own Recovery? My installation crashes and reports "Wrong Android version detected"" even though it's correct. I've tried both the FlameGApps-12.0-basic-arm64-20220612.zip and FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612.zip versions.

Last edited:

Badtz-Maru

Aug 13, 2016
In dem Thread habe ich nach einer Lösung gesucht, um LOS 18 beim Laden zu starten.
Die Lösung bestand darin, die init.rc zu bearbeiten, was funktionierte.
(siehe: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineage-os-18-autoboot-when-power-on.4456659/ )

Ich habe das ganze auch mit LOS 19 probiert aber das geht so nicht!
Weiß jemand was ich falsch mache?

Add this lines in init.rc file :

on charger
# class_start charger
exec u:r:magisk:s0 -- /system/bin/reboot

Thx @spyke11

Last edited:

gueszman

Jan 20, 2011
I don't know if it works on dumpling(5T) since I have cheeseburge(5)
But the TWRP file is called twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v4.img
so I assume it works on dumpling too.
Yeah, it says op5_op5t... I´ll give it a try.

Nope, Did not work on my OP5T. Did you try with your Lockscreen Pin/password ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts