- Feb 14, 2016
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
- Flash Lineage recovery with fastboot if you don't have it yet (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
- Reboot to Lineage recovery
- Select ´Apply update´ -> ´Apply from adb´
- On PC, do ´adb sideload lineage.zip´
HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
- Download update on PC
- Sideload update in Lineage recovery
LineageOS 19.0: sourceforge
Google Apps: MindTheGapps
LineageOS source code:
- https://github.com/LineageOS @ lineage-19.1
- android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger @ lineage-19.1
- android_device_oneplus_dumpling @ lineage-19.1
- android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common @ lineage-19.1
- android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998 @ lineage-19.1
Android version: Android 12
Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1
See post #2 for issues and status information.
Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
Thanks for @robertogl @Maitreya29 !