[12.1][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience Plus, [22-06-2022]

Search This thread

x2sJwETTXL

Unofficial and official are the same things at the end of the day. The only diff is the pain in the a** for who own the maintainership.
From our perspective, I thought an "official" ROM may have OTA updates. But, you're right: what's the point having a not maintained "official" release? 'cause at some point, I believe all "officials" would reach a dead end... The life is in that way :)

Reactions: Tux111
From our perspective, I thought an "official" ROM may have OTA updates. But, you're right: what's the point having a not maintained "official" release? 'cause at some point, I believe all "officials" would reach a dead end... The life is in that way :)
Just consider that only managing to achieve official recognizion it's not different to give birth. So it's totally not worth it in the end. Moreover, even having OTAs, in some specific cases (like last update) a full clean flash is required so no ota in any case.

Reactions: raffyei8ht

x2sJwETTXL

let’s say because of security reasons. we are literally installing and using a software which a random stranger from the internet have built.

With official, you're using a software that many random strangers on the internet have built lol.
...and with stock ROMs we allow some others many more bad strangers watching us and sell our data.
So, for now I'm trusting custom ROMs as long "SELinux status=Enforcing"

Reactions: jediknight23
With official, you're using a software that many random strangers on the internet have built lol.
Moreover, take note of this funny thing: i don't have neither the time, neither the will to make this "official", imagine having the time to write or modify full softwares for weird reasons lol. No thanks.
I like giving a rom to myself and to community with my really limited knowledge, but working on it to steal data, it's something that I'm:
1 - not able to do
2 - no time to do
3 - no will to do

I can totally understand that one might, for good reasons, being suspicious, but try to understand I'm not a developer, I'm not able to make or modify programs on my interests.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts