12-19 - ViperExperience Beta 14 | Android 13 | November 2022 Security Patch |GSI

Do we still need Aroma installer for HTC U12+

• Yes

Votes: 110 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 26 17.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

quattro527

Aug 3, 2012
Every time a user asks that, developer postpones new version for a week. Unwritten rule.

I'm sure if they donated or sent some money for beer (or vodka) over to the dev, he would be more willing--otherwise, his personal time is $$$ and y'all have nothing to complain about. People keep forgetting these devs are doing this as a courtesy to the community. :)

Jan 20, 2021
Hello!

I was trying to install a custom ROM in my HTC Exodus 1 but after installing the ROM Phone is stuck in Recovery Mode and I am also getting this message "This device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot."

I already have the stock ROM of HTC Exodus 1 but now the phone isn't booting into Download mode. Every time the phone is booting into Fastboot Mode only even when I switch to Download Mode, it restarts into Fastboot Mode again.

Please tell me how can I boot into the Download Mode. If It will boot into download mode, I will install the stock ROM.

Jan 20, 2021
Hello!

I was trying to install a custom ROM in my HTC Exodus 1 but after installing the ROM Phone is stuck in Recovery Mode and I am also getting this message "This device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot."

I already have the stock ROM of HTC Exodus 1 but now the phone isn't booting into Download mode. Every time the phone is booting into Fastboot Mode only even when I switch to Download Mode, it restarts into Fastboot Mode again.

Please tell me how can I boot into the Download Mode. If It will boot into download mode, I will install the stock ROM.
Do you guys have any idea? @hojnol @JEANRIVERA

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Hello!

If you don't know which partitions you broke, or which ones did you flash wrong files to, then just flash RUU.
You can also flash RUU in RUU mode, if all else fails. Type fastboot oem rebootRUU (if I remember correctly).

Jan 20, 2021
You are either doing it wrong, or your phone is FUBAR.
Have you tried flashing partitions manually one by one?
Yes. I tried but every time I get an error message "FAILED (remote: Erase is not allowed on PRODUCTION device)".

I also flashed hosd file but it's not solving the problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solved-cant-get-download-mode-working.3621434/post-72676351

Also, When I turn off the phone and connect it to the charger, the phone doesn't charge instead it automatically opens Fastboot Mode again.

Attachments

• HTC U12+.png
    HTC U12+.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 41

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Yes. I tried but every time I get an error message "FAILED (remote: Erase is not allowed on PRODUCTION device)".

I also flashed hosd file but it's not solving the problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solved-cant-get-download-mode-working.3621434/post-72676351

Also, When I turn off the phone and connect it to the charger, the phone doesn't charge instead it automatically opens Fastboot Mode again.
Post a screenshot (like that one you posted) of executing "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and trying to flash RUU, so I can see...

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
When I type "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and press Enter, my phone just reboots again into Fastboot Mode.
IDK... Strange... Do you have TWRP installed? Tried booting it? You can use dd in shell via adb to flash partitions. Mihail suggested potential problem with vbmeta partition, so you can also try flashing vbmeta image and see what happens.

Jan 20, 2021
IDK... Strange... Do you have TWRP installed? Tried booting it? You can use dd in shell via adb to flash partitions. Mihail suggested potential problem with vbmeta partition, so you can also try flashing vbmeta image and see what happens.
No. I don't have TWRP installed. And now the phone isn't even booting into TWRP using the fastboot boot FileName.img command. And whenever I try to flash anything including vbmeta, I get "Not allowed on PRODUCTION device" error every time.

Anyways, Thanks for the help. I hope I will find a solution.

hojnol

Aug 2, 2008
Krakosia
HTC U12+
Hello!

originally you installed a custom rom in twrp? which one was it? the installation process went through without any problem?

so in the beginning it bootlooped to recovery mode, twrp, right? and after flashing the hosd.img you now cant even boot into twrp if i understood correctly? but since the flashing of the hosd.img was the only successful operation why not:
then try to reboot to download mode. If it does not work, try other firmware.zip but should be in the same build number at least X.XX.
good luck

Jan 20, 2021
originally you installed a custom rom in twrp? which one was it? the installation process went through without any problem?

so in the beginning it bootlooped to recovery mode, twrp, right? and after flashing the hosd.img you now cant even boot into twrp if i understood correctly? but since the flashing of the hosd.img was the only successful operation why not:

good luck
Actually, I tried Beta 12 and Beta 13 ROMs from this thread and installation was successful but outgoing call wasn't working on both ROMs then I tried VOSP GSI. Again, VOSP installation was successful but this in this ROM incoming and outgoing both call wasn't working then I downloaded ROM and other files from this Video Description:
but I didn't want to Root the phone so I followed the video to install everything except Magisk Zip.

ALl files flashed successfully in TWRP from that video except Magisk then I Rebooted to system from TWRP but instead of rebooting into system, my phone rebooted into Fastboot Mode.

And, After this nothing is working. I can just flash hosd.img file but I haven't tried hosd.img from other firmwares because I don't know the build number of currently installed Rom. And I think I cannot get hosd.img file of third party Roms.

winiga

Jul 11, 2021

smailfang

Dec 25, 2021
Hello, friends, can I modify the cid of ruu to implement cross version machine flushing without soff. I want to use the Taiwan version of ROM. Because of the language barrier, it is difficult for me to find the tutorial. Thank you.

mikalovtch

Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2010
Moscow
Hello everyone!

I plan to release Android 13 ROM next week. There will be some important changes. First of all I've decided to move from AOSP to PixelExperience source code to have almost all Pixel available features on HTC U12+. At the current moment all looks fine. There are some camera issues with HTC Camera but I've noticed GCam works much better and in my opinion the quality of photos is better as well.

During the development there were some issues that were fixex. The biggest issue was reverting back FDE support to avoid erasing whole internal storage. But you still have to wipe data when upgrading from A12 to A13. I hope you will enjoy using ROM when it will be released.

For U11 users. I have tried to install current A13 beta ROM on my U11. I can see bootanimation and can take logs but still haven't figured out how to fix booting issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XVPIcVb.png

ViperExperience 12L GSI for U12+

"Choose your flavor! - The next Generation Viper ROM"

Dear Community,

Venom ROMs takes the next big step for your HTC, as well as other Treble A/B devices out there! You want Android 11, but don't want to miss out on the hardware benefits of your HTC U12+? Or you want to enjoy all of your beloved HTC Apps on another OEM? Then we have the best of both worlds for you today (or very soon)! Decide for yourself between an Android Stock Experience, or an HTC Sense Experience by choosing between Pixel Launcher and HTC Sense 10 UI Launcher. On your HTC U12+ you can in addition continue to use your popular HTC features like HTC Edge Sense, HTC FaceUnlock and the HTC Camera!

We at Venom ROMs are using the AOSP GSI based on Android 11 to bring you the best HTC features paired with the latest Android AND Pixel experience from Android 10.

Thanks to @phhusson for his Treble experimentations repos, @JEANFRIVERA, @5m4r7ph0n36uru, @Captain_Throwback, @MassStash, @donmarkoni for all tests you did for me to make this ROM.

devs.png

mikalovtch

Installation.png

1. Must have unlocked bootloader from htcdev.com or factory S-OFF
    2. Download Viper Experience 11 GSI from Androidfilehost.com
    3. Download „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ from Androidfilehost.com
    4. Download latest TWRP from #2 post or Download latest PBRP from here: PBRP
    5. Boot your Device in Bootloader Mode
    6. Boot to TWRP or PBRP, using the following command:
      Code:
      fastboot boot nameoftwrpimage.img
    7. Rename „vbmeta_noverity.zip“ to „update.zip“ and place it inside your adb/fastboot folder
    8. Push „update.zip“ to your device, using the following command:
      Code:
      adb push update.zip /update.zip
    9. Make sure you are on slot A on reboot page of TWRP or PBRP if not switch to slot A and fasboot boot twrp.img again
    10. Flash „update.zip“ from recovery UI
    11. Reboot to Download from recovery UI
    12. Erase userdata and system using the following commands: (THIS WILL FORMAT INTERNAL STORAGE!)
      Code:
      fastboot erase userdata
      and:
      Code:
      fastboot erase system
    13. Flash Viper Experience 10 GSI, using the command:
      Code:
      fastboot flash system nameofimage.img
    14. Rebootyour device, using the command
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    15. Setup and enjoy an mew ROM on your HTC U12+!

XDA:DevDB Information
    12-04 - ViperExperience Beta 12 | Android 12L | April 2022 Security Patch |GSI , ROM for the HTC U12+

Contributors
    mikalovtch, JEANRIVERA
    Source Code: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 9 Pie
    Based On: AOSP HTC Sense

Version Information
    Beta
    Beta Release Date: 2020-12-22

Created 2020-03-07
    Last Updated 2020-12-22
    ViperExperience Beta 4 Update

1618215934657.png

ViperExperience Beta 4 (12 April 2021)

Fixes& Updates
    • 5 April 2021 Security patch.
    • Small invisible fixes and updates for future releases.
    P.S. I had some overloaded months but now I'm back to work on this ROM. Hope to make you happier in near future
    Download:
    AndroidFileHost
    ViperExperience Beta 1 Update

teamVENOM_threadheadings.png

ViperExperience Beta 1 (22 December 2020)

Finally it happened, we have got almost stable ROM with minimal bugs and we are ready to move from Alpha to Beta version. Let's hope Stable version will be soon as well and we will do all the best to bring new features to the beautiful HTC U12+.

Fixes& Updates
    • 7 December 2020 Security patch.
    • Added FaceUnlock feature.
    • Small fixes and updates.
    Download:
    AndroidFileHost
    Android 13 is running on HTC U12+.
    Need to fix some issues before release. Currently, I can confirm that camera and wi-fi works.
    [MANUAL] Fix CTS Profile Mismatch

Initial situation: most GSIs are rooted to a certain extent. This also applies to the AOSP GSI, which is the basis of our ViperExerience ROM.

Precondition: To correct the CTS mismatch, it is necessary that Magisk is installed.

If the precondition is fulfilled, proceed as follows:

1. Install the Magisk modules "Busybox" from Osmosis, and "MagiskHide Propst Config" from Didgeridoohan
    2. After a device restart, open a Terminal App on your HTC U12+ and go through the following steps
      • Request root privileges by typing
        Code:
        su
      • Start the Props module by typing
        Code:
        props
      • Type
        Code:
        to set a new fingerprint for the device
      • Follow the instructions in order by selecting
        Code:
        f