• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question 12.5.2 global - no media player notifications

Search This thread

ubik1984

Jun 23, 2021
Just bought a redmi note 10 pro and updated the OS to 12.5.2. The issue I have is that whatever media app I use (spotify, xiaomi music, podcast addict..), there is no media player notification, I have to enter into the app each time I want to play/pause.

All the settings seem to be OK:
- at OS level the setting for each app has the "Player" notification ON
- at app level, the notification settings allow for player notifications

All other notifications for these same apps do work (for example, new podcasts downloaded).

I could not find other people posting about this issue, I am the only one? any idea on how to solve it?

tarekhosain

Aug 26, 2015
Just bought a redmi note 10 pro and updated the OS to 12.5.2. The issue I have is that whatever media app I use (spotify, xiaomi music, podcast addict..), there is no media player notification, I have to enter into the app each time I want to play/pause.

All other notifications for these same apps do work (for example, new podcasts downloaded).

I could not find other people posting about this issue, I am the only one? any idea on how to solve it?
i also want to solution,,

talha4025

Mar 28, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro

i also want to solution,,
I had the same problem. I had lock screen notifications to Don't show at all. Changing lock screen notification to show but hide contents or show notifications on lock screen solved the issue and the controls started showing up in the notifications. Maybe you have the same problem.