[12/7][ROM][4.3.1][AOSP][Linaro][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom [D802][International]

Search This thread

amokkx

Jun 29, 2011
Can you make a navbar-button that pulls down the statusbar, like it's possible on Stock and BeanStalk? I really miss that feature on CM :/

bhaismachine

Feb 14, 2011
Dallas
hey buddy
thanks for your hard work
you can make carbon rom 4.4 by using cm as base rom :)

Right now carbon ROM 4.4 repo is unstable and gives errors after compiling for an hour. We will have to just patiently wait until they start releasing nightlies for other devices so that I can compile for our LG-G2 or wait until the repo is stable enough to be compiled again. I would rather choose a feature complete 4.3 carbon ROM over an unstable/feature-lacking 4.4 carbon ROM.

PanosMouz

Sep 10, 2013
Athens
I experience something very weird on this ROM.... I fully charged my phone last night and unplugged it today before 7:40 hours.

For the first 7 hours the battery was great. I had 2:10h of screen with 7h overall and 80% left.

From then on I lost 13% with only 35 mins of screen.... And I am doing the same usage as before. On WiFi and turning it of when I am not using the phone.

How is that possible? It is a bit annoying having such a great ROM with that drain! (I have syncs and NFC off)...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

bhaismachine

Feb 14, 2011
Dallas
I experience something very weird on this ROM.... I fully charged my phone last night and unplugged it today before 7:40 hours.

For the first 7 hours the battery was great. I had 2:10h of screen with 7h overall and 80% left.

From then on I lost 13% with only 35 mins of screen.... And I am doing the same usage as before. On WiFi and turning it of when I am not using the phone.

How is that possible? It is a bit annoying having such a great ROM with that drain! (I have syncs and NFC off)...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I haven't experienced this. You should see if there is any app which is keeping your phone awake. Recently I read that Google Play Services have been causing a lot of battery drain on some devices. Try waiting for one complete charge cycle and see how it performs the next time. Haven't heard of this battery drain from any other user either !

Reactions: PanosMouz

PanosMouz

Sep 10, 2013
Athens
The weird is that nothing is running in the background cause I checked it.

Also I use Greenify for most apps that are known for their battery drain.

Google Play Services does not even appear on battery stats!

I forgot to say that I also have GPS and all location off.

I will see how it goes and inform you then after 1-2 full cyrcles (maybe I need to re-calibrate the battery) .

Sent from my LG-D802

PanosMouz

Sep 10, 2013
Athens
What about the average screen time you see on the device on this rom?

Just an average :) i don't mind whether it is exact to the last second :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just finished compiling Carbon ROM for LG-G2 phone. I have a Tmobile version of G2 phone which is D801. If you want to check the ROM for Tmobile version then it's here This ROM is for International version which is D802. So I was unable to test this ROM on my phone. Please make a backup and check if it works for you.

I rooted my phone and installed TWRP by following the guides on LG-G2 forum.

Download : (no assert check) CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20131207-2142-d802.zip - 164.26 MB [Please use the zip for International-D802 ]

I will update this thread with more details if needed.

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Those who are asking for 4.4 please understand that team carbon hasn't built 4.4 nightly for any device yet. I tried compiling their 4.4 branch several times and it failed because the sources are unstable/incomplete/being developed.

You should also realize that for the time being carbon 4.3 is more feature packed and useful than 4.4. Enjoy 4.3, maybe even get a 4.4 theme until I start building 4.4 for you guys.

Here is their official blog post : http://carbon-rom.com/carbon-4-4-updates/

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    hey buddy

Right now carbon ROM 4.4 repo is unstable and gives errors after compiling for an hour. We will have to just patiently wait until they start releasing nightlies for other devices so that I can compile for our LG-G2 or wait until the repo is stable enough to be compiled again. I would rather choose a feature complete 4.3 carbon ROM over an unstable/feature-lacking 4.4 carbon ROM.
    Flashed carbon. Its blazing fast. Used it on N4 in past. I'm loving Dark Carbon and Fibers... Thanks Dev.
    When carbon 4.4.1 is coming to G2?

s1535d.jpg

Mostly when carbon 4.4 nightlies for other devices are out. I personally feel that 4.3 with all the carbon features is much better than 4.4 without any good features.

From what I know 4.4.1 source isn't merged into 4.4 branch of Carbon ROM.

Though right now I am copying LG-G2 device tree and kernel to the 4.4 Carbon sources. If it builds fine and seems stable enough then I might post it here. Hope that answers your question.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    hey buddy