[12] PixelExperience [OFFICIAL] [OnePlus8Pro] [ROM]

Search This thread

nszarif522

Sep 15, 2022
Can anyone please port the oxygen os camera its the only thing stopping me from switching to pixel experience. Its style is one of the only things i like about my phone rn.
Also does the battery life improve and are the notifications and system stable?

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
Can anyone please port the oxygen os camera its the only thing stopping me from switching to pixel experience. Its style is one of the only things i like about my phone rn.
Also does the battery life improve and are the notifications and system stable?
The system is stable and fast, however a lot of features don't work and the developer is no longer supporting this ROM. I would suggest switching to a different ROM once Android 13 rolls out for OnePlus 8 Pro.

Hash Butt

Aug 18, 2018
nfjzzfl-png.5445379

Thanks to @LuK1337,@chandra1.jd ,@hasaber8 for all OnePlus 8 Pro trees
Team PixelExperience

Device Supported
Oneplus 8 Pro only

Whats is working?
Everything

What's not working?
let me know

Installation Process:

-You need ADB and Fastboot

1. Sideload rom.zip from recovery
2. restart to system (no need of factory reset)

Flashing for 1st time
In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional. To do this, sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package by doing the following:

-Download the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip file.
-Sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package:
On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
Now reboot to recovery by tapping “Advanced”, then “Reboot to recovery”.

1. Download recovery provided here
2. Reboot to bootloader and flash recovery
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash --slot=all recovery recovery.img
If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power.
Or
Code:
fastboot reboot recovery
3. Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
Return to the main menu.
4. Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.

DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW:
ROM - Click here (Latest Build)
RECOVERY - click here
ROM (plus edition) - Click here (Latest Build)
RECOVERY - click here

SOURCE
Sir I've installed Pixel Experience plus version on my OnePlus 8 pro.. I've successfully installed it but I am facing issue of Sim card not detected in my phone have researched a lot of forums but haven't found a way. Kindly guide me about how my phone will detect sim I've inserted my sim but my phone isn't recognizing sim

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
Sir I've installed Pixel Experience plus version on my OnePlus 8 pro.. I've successfully installed it but I am facing issue of Sim card not detected in my phone have researched a lot of forums but haven't found a way. Kindly guide me about how my phone will detect sim I've inserted my sim but my phone isn't recognizing sim
I had the same issue and i flashed the ROM again and the issue got resolved.

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
Yup, tried to install as OTA trough ADB and it showed a message: Package is for OnePlus8Pro but expected instantnoodlep.

So it seems I will need to factory data reset first.
Managed to get past this by changing the pre-device to instantnoodlep in metadata file, however instalation didnt work. I have tried the new recovery, and this is not working, when I flash the new recovery and try to reboot into it it wont boot at all and only fastboot works.

Cavu0

Jul 22, 2022
Managed to get past this by changing the pre-device to instantnoodlep in metadata file, however instalation didnt work. I have tried the new recovery, and this is not working, when I flash the new recovery and try to reboot into it it wont boot at all and only fastboot works.
an update from PE A12 to A13 won't work as:
PE A12 is based on OOS11
whereas
PE A13 is based on OOS12 (C33)

you need to have OOS12 firmware on both slots like stated on the PE Installation instructions.
To update to OOS12 you might use the MSM tool.

Reactions: Mar4e
Apr 7, 2022
Hi guys,
I have a problem and I hope someone can help me. I wanted to upgrade my OP 8 Pro from PE 12 to PE 13. Since I couldn't do that I wanted to flash new recovery (PixelExperience_instantnoodlep-13.0-20221112-2037-OFFICIAL.img). ADB command "Fastboot flash recovery (file name)" was successful but command "Fastboot boot (file name)" got stuck. Now I can't turn on my phone, nor can't I boot into recovery mode. Can get it to flash mode though.

When I turn the phone on it gets stuck on google warning: "The boot loader in unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. Any data stored on...."

Can you help me? It seems like flashing new recovery bricked it. How to solve it or who can help me with that?

I really appreciate any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20221121_091027.jpg
    IMG_20221121_091027.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

lieblingsbesuch

May 5, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a problem and I hope someone can help me. I wanted to upgrade my OP 8 Pro from PE 12 to PE 13. Since I couldn't do that I wanted to flash new recovery (PixelExperience_instantnoodlep-13.0-20221112-2037-OFFICIAL.img). ADB command "Fastboot flash recovery (file name)" was successful but command "Fastboot boot (file name)" got stuck. Now I can't turn on my phone, nor can't I boot into recovery mode. Can get it to flash mode though.

When I turn the phone on it gets stuck on google warning: "The boot loader in unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed. Any data stored on...."

Can you help me? It seems like flashing new recovery bricked it. How to solve it or who can help me with that?

I really appreciate any help!

If you had read the instruction on the PE website, you'd knew what your mistake was.

PE13 requires OOS12. So you have to install OOS12 first (e.g. via MSM), then install PE13.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Experience and Pixel Experience Plus A13 are both now available for our OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Get them either from the main Pixel Experience website or via the telegram channel
    amazing rom, waiting for new updates for months:)
    Jef is working on A13 Beta Version. You can get it on Telegramm Channel
    Can we upgrade from existing Pixel Experience A12 or is a new installation required with data wipe?
    A12 base Rom is required, so no.
    an update from PE A12 to A13 won't work as:
    PE A12 is based on OOS11
    whereas
    PE A13 is based on OOS12 (C33)

you need to have OOS12 firmware on both slots like stated on the PE Installation instructions.
    To update to OOS12 you might use the MSM tool.
    Thank you! I did it! Just needed to change target in MSM tool to EU and it fixed it!
    So you fnally read the tool's instructions... lol
    It's great that you were able to get it working again.
    nfjzzfl-png.5445379

Thanks to @LuK1337,@chandra1.jd ,@hasaber8 for all OnePlus 8 Pro trees
    Team PixelExperience

Device Supported
    Oneplus 8 Pro only

Whats is working?
    Everything

What's not working?
    let me know

Installation Process:

-You need ADB and Fastboot

1. Sideload rom.zip from recovery
    2. restart to system (no need of factory reset)

Flashing for 1st time
    In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional. To do this, sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package by doing the following:

-Download the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip file.
    -Sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package:
    On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
    Now reboot to recovery by tapping “Advanced”, then “Reboot to recovery”.

1. Download recovery provided here
    2. Reboot to bootloader and flash recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash --slot=all recovery recovery.img
    If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power.
    Or
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    3. Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
    Return to the main menu.
    4. Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
    On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.

DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW:
    ROM - Click here (Latest Build)
    RECOVERY - click here
    ROM (plus edition) - Click here (Latest Build)
    RECOVERY - click here

SOURCE
    Due to the existence of MSM, it is nearly impossible to brick your OnePlus 8 Pro.
    Sorry a couple of questions, does this ROM have OOS camera (if not is there any way to add it ?) and is Google Photos Unlimited activated ??

aparently "https://github.com/Evolution-X/fram.../internal/util/evolution/PixelPropsUtils.java" is needed to get Unlimited working ( I honestly dont know anything about how to impliment it :-( )

Google Photos is Unlimited yes, because Google Photos is mask to Pixel XL. No OOS camera because i wanted to stay close to the Oneplus 8T official release and it is a pain in the ass to port it.
    The gap is part of the GBoard, maybe install another Keyboard-App or look at this specific problem in a GBoard-Thread, it is not related to this rom.