[12] PixelExperience [OFFICIAL] [OnePlus8Pro] [ROM]

Search This thread
Apr 7, 2022
If you had read the instruction on the PE website, you'd knew what your mistake was.

PE13 requires OOS12. So you have to install OOS12 first (e.g. via MSM), then install PE13.
Ok, I know that now. But I have a problem since I can not get to recovery mode. Only Fastboot available. How can I get my PE Recovery working again? Thanks for your reply in advance!

Apr 7, 2022
Use MSM Tool to wipe the device back to OOS 11. Update normally to OOS 12. Now that you're with OOS 12 firmware, you can install PE.
Thank you for your reply! I tried that already and it failed. See picture below. What could be reason for that?

Attachments

• IMG_20221121_093850.jpg
    IMG_20221121_093850.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 71

lieblingsbesuch

May 5, 2018
So i finally upgraded from PE12 --> PE13.
So far, I have not a single Issue with this ROM. Never had an Issue with PE12 either (have daily driven it since like 3/4 Year now).
In PE13, i was also able to pass safetynet and root the device without any issues (gpay works, adaway works).
I really cannot understand why no one opens a new thread for PE13.

What I did to achieve safetynet / upgrade path:

- MSMed the old Installation
- Updated OOS11 to OOS12 with latest update (finally I have 5G now...lol)
  • Installed PE13 as instructed on the website
  • Installed Magisk (25.2), Root via patched Boot.img
  • Activated Zygote
  • Installed Magisk Hide Props Config 6.1.2 and activated OP8Pro Fingerprint
  • Activated Zygote in Magisk
  • Installed SafetyNet Fix 2.3.1
...done

The process took me like 2 hours, mainly because OOS downloaded like 4 different Updates with 3 GiB each. You can shortcut it by manually installing the latest OOS.
I am impressed that on Android 13, everything restored automatically, even my Widgets, Background, App Constellation and even my Ringtones. Nice.

beyonders

Aug 22, 2011
So far, I have not a single Issue with this ROM. Never had an Issue with PE12 either (have daily driven it since like 3/4 Year now).
In PE13, i was also able to pass safetynet and root the device without any issues (gpay works, adaway works).

• Activated Zygote
...done

The process took me like 2 hours, mainly because OOS downloaded like 4 different Updates with 3 GiB each. You can shortcut it by manually installing the latest OOS.
I am impressed that on Android 13, everything restored automatically, even my Widgets, Background, App Constellation and even my Ringtones. Nice.
Hi, I want to know how you get the data restored, like Background, Ringtones? by google account? or other app?

beyonders

Aug 22, 2011
PE13 is awesome ROM as PE12!! Thanks for the effort.
I have one question, how to add NFC data? We can add physical electronic key data into Xiaomi or Huawei phones by NFC to make the phones as keys in China. but I can't find the way in PE13.

Brachacz

Aug 14, 2012

• Activated Zygote
...done

Does PE13 have OOS camera?

desosav

Jan 3, 2007
Athens
OnePlus 8 Pro
I prefer using 3button navigation instead of gesture navigation and i have noticed that the switch apps button does not work most of the times. Sometimes i have to press it like 4-5 times to make it work. I am using pe13 plus version on my op8pro. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
Finally upgraded to this ROM, works great and the battery life is solid.
Only issue I can see is when I make calls the screen resolution and scaling changes and then reverts back after I close the call.
Hopefully this will be fixed during the next security update.

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
Has anyone tried to flash the latest update without data reset?
I saw that it requires a data reset however i really can't reset my daily driver device again and I was wondering if updating without data reset will work?

hello9750

Feb 26, 2012
Only issue I can see is when I make calls the screen resolution and scaling changes and then reverts back after I close the call.
Unfortunately this wasn't resolved on the January update.

I found a resolution-fix magisk module that was designed to solve this problem for another rom (nameless, I believe) but it caused my phone to bootloop on pixel experience. Hoping this can be resolved as it's really the only issue I've encountered

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nfjzzfl-png.5445379

Thanks to @LuK1337,@chandra1.jd ,@hasaber8 for all OnePlus 8 Pro trees
    Team PixelExperience

Device Supported
    Oneplus 8 Pro only

Whats is working?
    Everything

What's not working?
    let me know

Installation Process:

-You need ADB and Fastboot

1. Sideload rom.zip from recovery
    2. restart to system (no need of factory reset)

Flashing for 1st time
    In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional. To do this, sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package by doing the following:

-Download the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip file.
    -Sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package:
    On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
    Now reboot to recovery by tapping “Advanced”, then “Reboot to recovery”.

1. Download recovery provided here
    2. Reboot to bootloader and flash recovery
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash --slot=all recovery recovery.img
    If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power.
    Or
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    3. Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
    Return to the main menu.
    4. Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
    On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.

DOWNLOADS

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW:
    ROM - Click here (Latest Build)
    RECOVERY - click here
    ROM (plus edition) - Click here (Latest Build)
    RECOVERY - click here

SOURCE
    Due to the existence of MSM, it is nearly impossible to brick your OnePlus 8 Pro.
    Sorry a couple of questions, does this ROM have OOS camera (if not is there any way to add it ?) and is Google Photos Unlimited activated ??

aparently "https://github.com/Evolution-X/fram.../internal/util/evolution/PixelPropsUtils.java" is needed to get Unlimited working ( I honestly dont know anything about how to impliment it :-( )

Google Photos is Unlimited yes, because Google Photos is mask to Pixel XL. No OOS camera because i wanted to stay close to the Oneplus 8T official release and it is a pain in the ass to port it.
    Pixel Experience and Pixel Experience Plus A13 are both now available for our OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Get them either from the main Pixel Experience website or via the telegram channel