• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question 12 "Stable" Issues Thread

Search This thread

purpleman2k

Mar 8, 2013
Besides the general low quality of this piece of software, here are some specific pains:

1. SafetyNet test fails (no root) - WTF? Can't use any of my work applications because of that.
2. Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
3. About device shows there's an update available but I can't update because I'm not the "owner" of the device (there is only 1 user configured, no multiple users) - screenshot attached.

Please share your experience and whether or not you're seeing the same issues (or more).

Thanks!

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 471

Poloasis

Oct 11, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, it's a good thing I decided that the OP9P would be my last OP smartphone. I'm gona stick with Pixel phone from now on. Finally release A12 and no phone or data works. Really OP???

Reactions: rgreene1971

h8Aramex

Oct 24, 2012
- Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
- Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
- [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
- [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
- [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
- Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
- Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.

Last edited:

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
That's not actually a bug, that's feature. Go to notification settings for particular app and you can set to show notification icon on status bar. Disabled by default for all apss (I think it should be enabled by default), except Gmail, Dialer and a few others.

Bug I found:
- font size issues. I want to set small fonts and dpi. But some apps, like default camera app, power menu, google feeds when swipe etc has still default large font, experience is terrible
- custom dpi set in developer settings will be reverted after reboot. If you set smaller dpi in phone settings, it will be applied a few seconds after boot, phone starts with default dpi
- AOD does not work, even if enabled, screen will turn off when inactive

I installed via built in ota from Oxygen 11 Global, I got update to ColorOS 12

Reactions: tathagatab

iRet

Jun 16, 2012
Krasnoyarsk
kaleda.ru
Just got my first 1+ yesterday and was really impressed with the OOS 11 experience.
All day long. All the magic has gone after the update.
In addition to what was already said, the AOD is flickering terribly.
Perhaps it is caused by the pwm of low frequency.

bugvieu

Dec 29, 2019
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a new problem. I listen to music while walking with my wireless headphones. The phone is in my pocket. Unknown reason causes the phone to crash.

I feel it's going to be complicated.... At least I have 5G working.

Poloasis

Oct 11, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not even going to upgrade A12, I deleted the 4gig update I got from Oxygen Updater. Oneplus just shoot them self in the foot and will not recover from this. I'll be suprise if they sell 1k Oneplus 10 phone next month.

Reactions: Dharani_V

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oh yeah, the CLOCK. What is WRONG with that CLOCK!? LMAO.

I mean look at this ABOMINATION.
WHO DRAWS A CLOCK LIKE THAT? SATAN?!?!??!

Like wtf lol.

View attachment 5476711
Is your phone in 24-hour format? Mine looks normal in 12-hour format but like yours in 24-hour format. I don't use the stock clock app so I hadn't noticed.

Why would they remove the seconds on the clock feature. This update is horrible all around
They didn't. This is only when setting an alarm in the clock app.

jimbo77

Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Camera goes bananas when zoomed beyond 10x.. See attached

Attachments

• 20211207_115405.mp4
    23.1 MB · Views: 0

knochnkopf

Nov 10, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yeah, the CLOCK. What is WRONG with that CLOCK!? LMAO.

I mean look at this ABOMINATION.
    WHO DRAWS A CLOCK LIKE THAT? SATAN?!?!??!

Like wtf lol.

Screenshot_2021-12-07-08-15-54-75_3d88d13491c3c5d191dc1c89ab1722b7.jpg
    Besides the general low quality of this piece of software, here are some specific pains:

1. SafetyNet test fails (no root) - WTF? Can't use any of my work applications because of that.
    2. Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
    3. About device shows there's an update available but I can't update because I'm not the "owner" of the device (there is only 1 user configured, no multiple users) - screenshot attached.

Please share your experience and whether or not you're seeing the same issues (or more).

Thanks!
    I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.
    - Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
    - Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
    - [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
    - [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
    - [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
    - Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
    - Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.
    Lol, I paid 1000 euros for this phone because the software was supposed to be good...